Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 17-08-2012, 20:35   #811
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

where did you hear about this chad?

On the 25th August on BoxNation, we should finally see the debut of Solo Boxeo as part of the deal with GoldenBoy Promotions. Live from California we should be treated to a night of action featuring the young up and coming talent from GoldenBoys roster. Expect fireworks!

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

http://www.premiersports.tv/

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

look at the comments on the channel updates tab!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2012, 20:43   #812
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
where did you hear about this chad?

On the 25th August on BoxNation, we should finally see the debut of Solo Boxeo as part of the deal with GoldenBoy Promotions. Live from California we should be treated to a night of action featuring the young up and coming talent from GoldenBoys roster. Expect fireworks!

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

http://www.premiersports.tv/

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

look at the comments on the channel updates tab!
Sorry bud, I can't see what I'm looking for. Is it the deal Premier Sports have with FOX to show GoldenBoy fights each month?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 20:53   #813
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

it just says they have tried to get on virgin but they dont deem it good enough for virgin to show it(2 tobs under boxing/mma-channel updates)
Old 17-08-2012, 21:02   #814
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
it just says they have tried to get on virgin but they dont deem it good enough for virgin to show it(2 tobs under boxing/mma-channel updates)
I think Premier Sports have their own deal with FOX to show GoldenBoy fights. The shows on BoxNation are from the Spanish channel Telefutura. GoldenBoy have their fingure in every pie! In America they are on HBO, Showtime, FOX and Telefutura.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f53/gb...-deal-2050701/

"TV's New Home of Boxing in the UK, Channel 456 on Sky and 546 on Virgin, will show two LIVE GBP shows per month that will include one of their major HBO or Showtime TV events and one show from their hit Solo Boxeo series."

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/06/...-on-boxnation/

"On Saturday 25th August it’s a double-header starting at the 02 World Arena in Berlin, Germany with Robert Steiglitz’s seventh defence of the WBO World Super-Middleweight title against Arthur Abraham and then it’s over to America for a Golden Boy Promotions Solo Boxeo show."

I'm positive BoxNation posted something in the last 7 days on Facebook about this. I've e-mailed them asking to confirm if the Solo Boxeo show will be shown.
Old 17-08-2012, 21:09   #815
thatllbeme
Inactive

cheers chad its been a while! you been away? are you going to the burns mitchell fight?

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

it does also say

Later that day BoxNation will show delayed footage of a Golden Boy Promotions Solo Boxeo show from Texas between lightweights Carlos Molina and Marcos Leonardo Jimenez.

after the chavez jr andy lee fight and i dont remeber that happening
Old 17-08-2012, 21:19   #816
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
cheers chad its been a while! you been away? are you going to the burns mitchell fight?
I've been here but not posting in this thread. No pro boxing to talk of as such! The Olympic boxing was great for team GB. Will be interesting to see which fighters turn pro, and which promoters they go with.

Mick Hennessey on Channel 5 will give the fighter massive exposure but with limited dates and Mick's limited funds it could take a long time for the fighters to reach their true potential.

Eddie Hearn on SKY will give the fighters some great exposure and should progress their careers nicely. They will have the chance to box on the undercards of Carl Froch and Kell Brook which will be a great experience.

Frank Warren on BoxNation will give the fighters least exposure but can get them out anywhere between 5 and 10 times in the year easily. Frank also has a proven track record of getting his fighters British, Commonwealth, European and World title fights within 5 years of turning pro with him.

I would love to go to Burns Vs. Mitchell but I can't afford it. Got the wife's birthday next month and our first anniversary. A punch up in the SECC isn't high on her priority list! Are you going to the fight?

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

it does also say

Later that day BoxNation will show delayed footage of a Golden Boy Promotions Solo Boxeo show from Texas between lightweights Carlos Molina and Marcos Leonardo Jimenez.

after the chavez jr andy lee fight and i dont remeber that happening
I don't remember it either. I'm sure Buncey would have mentioned it during the live broadcast of Chavez Jr. and Lee. Hopefully I didn't miss it due to Virgin not updating the EPG info correctly!
Old 21-08-2012, 18:36   #817
thatllbeme
Inactive

boxnation have confirmed the sturm v geale fight 01/09/12 and sky are showing golovkin v proska delayed 8.30 am 02/09/12

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

and garcia v morales 20/10/12

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

did they get back to you chad about the solo boxeo thingy?
Old 22-08-2012, 02:45   #818
Chad
cf.mega poster

Nothing from them at all about Solo Boxeo.

Exciting times with Boxnation confirming tons of fights. Still think there is a couple to be announced too. I'm expecting:

08th September - Vitali Klitschko Vs. Manuel Charr

13th October - Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado & Nonito Donaire Vs. Toshiaki Nishioka

Doesn't look like anyone will be picking up Andre Ward Vs. Chad Dawson, which is a real shame. I'm hoping SKY pick up Sergio Gabriel Martinez Vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Noticed Macklin is fighting on the undercard, and SKY do like showing Macklin in action.
Old 24-08-2012, 11:41   #819
thatllbeme
Inactive

boxnation have replied to my message on facebook

The GBP deal involves one of their HBO/Showtime shows and one of the Soleo/Telefutura shows each month. Obviously this won't necessarily be hard and fast; some months there could be more, some months less, such as in August.
Old 24-08-2012, 12:21   #820
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
boxnation have replied to my message on facebook

The GBP deal involves one of their HBO/Showtime shows and one of the Soleo/Telefutura shows each month. Obviously this won't necessarily be hard and fast; some months there could be more, some months less, such as in August.
That's good to know. Must admit I'd rather watch HBO and Showtime broadcasts ahead of the Telefutura shows.
Old 25-08-2012, 12:35   #821
Chad
cf.mega poster

Great to have live boxing back on Boxnation tonight.

The undercard isn't the best but Robert Stieglitz Vs. Arthur Abraham should be fun. I think that we might see an exciting performance from Abraham. I fancy him to stop Stieglitz.

Noticed Boxnation are taking a bit of stick on Facebook for showing MMA on the channel. Whilst their coverage of MMA won't have an impact on their boxing output, subscribers of the channel just aren't happy. Subscribers are asking why Boxnation aren't investing the money in launching a HD channel, or securing more boxing rights, instead of investing in MMA.

Got to admit, I'm totally against MMA on the channel too. I pay £10.00 per month for a boxing channel. MMA bores me to tears. I don't want any of my subscription money going into MMA. I want my money to be invested in boxing.

I've got a feeling Boxnation might have to do a u-turn on their decision to screen MMA if subscribers keep on complaining. Surely Boxnation aren't arrogant enough to ignore their customers wishes?
Old 25-08-2012, 12:49   #822
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Chad, what is the undercard tonight on BoxNation? Thanks in advance
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 13:06   #823
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Chad, what is the undercard tonight on BoxNation? Thanks in advance
Not 100% sure of the running order but below are the fights we should see as part of tonights broadcast:

Dustin Dirks (24-0-0) Vs. Sandro Siproshvili (25-13-0)
Light Heavyweight Contest

Robin Krasniqi (37-2-0) Vs. Serdar Sahin (20-0-0)
Vacant WBO International light heavyweight title

Jack Culcay (11-0-0) Vs. Frederic Serre (13-6-0)
Vacant WBA Inter-Continental light middleweight title

Krasniqi Vs. Sahin should be interesting. About 5 months ago Nathan Cleverly was scheduled to defend his world title against Krasniqi, but Cleverly pulled out due to a virus. Neither Krasniqi or Sahin have fought at a high level, and tonight could be both fighters toughest test yet. Sahin has the better knockout record, and used to fight up at Cruiserweight. Krasniqi has only stopped 13 opponents in 39 fights, but has stopped 6 of his last 10 opponents. We might see a stoppage in this fight!
Old 25-08-2012, 13:31   #824
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Cheers Chad, you're a star!
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 00:38   #825
Chad
cf.mega poster

No spoilers, but the action from Germany was great. Sturm Vs. Geale next week with the prospect of the winner facing either Abraham or Stieglitz.

I can't wait until Marko Huck is back in action again. He has zero technique, and zero style, but boy he is entertaining to watch.