Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 26-05-2012, 00:29   #721
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

I'm getting excitied about Froch Vs. Bute.

Bute looks in fantastic condition and looks super confident. If his foot injury has healed 100% then Froch is going to find it very tough. At the moment I fancy Bute to win on points however I might change my point of view once I've watched the ring entrances. If Froch's fans turn the arena into a cauldron, Bute might just crack a little under the pressure. 20 of Bute's last 22 fights have been in Canada with the other 2 fights taking place in his home nation of Romania. It's been 8 years since he truly fought on foreign soil being America against a guy with a heavy losing record. Maybe the lack of big fight experience abroad, of fighting in front of a hostile crowd could be the key to Bute losing.

I'm seriously worried about the power Bute has in his left, especially to the body. As long as I've been watching him, Froch has always had a sloppy defense when it comes to his body. I've watched Bute about 11 times with 6 of those fights ending with body shots.

May the best man win.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2012, 21:00   #722
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

just announced on buncey show tonight
tarver v kayode,trout v rodriguez,quillin v wright saturday night!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 21:03   #723
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
just announced on buncey show tonight
tarver v kayode,trout v rodriguez,quillin v wright saturday night!
Brilliant! Tarver was great when he beat Danny Green. I'm saddened that Winky is still going
Old 28-05-2012, 22:03   #724
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

is ricky hattons phone interview on buneys boxing hour just the begining of whats to come on boxnation with hatton protions possibly doin a deal to show their show?

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

bad news for boxer paul williams!
http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/28...wn-boxing-news
Old 29-05-2012, 00:00   #725
Chad
cf.mega poster

I was just reading the bad news about Paul Williams here:

http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headlines...155117385.html

I wish him well. The guy is a warrior.

I've not watched the full Bunce hour yet so I'll be getting to the Hatton part soon. Really hope Boxnation can get Hatton on board.

---------- Post added 29-05-2012 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 28-05-2012 at 22:16 ----------

Looks like Premier Sports have landed a deal with FOX in America for boxing content.

They are showing Beibut Shumenov Vs. Enrique Ornelas this weekend. Their website also shows they have picked up 6 Goldenboy Promotions shows, 1 per month, through to the end of the year. Again all of these shows are being televised by FOX. Makes me very confused about the exclusive deal Boxnation have with Goldenboy.

Also noticed that Premier Sports have been picking up shows recently from NBC in the States on tape delay. The showed Zab Judahs latest outing a couple of months back. Pretty sure they'll pick up Tomasz Adamek Vs. Eddie Chambers in 3 weeks time.

Whilst Boxnation are doing a great job, surely they should be picking these type of cards on the cheap showing them on a Sunday morning or Sunday evening on tape delay. I've said it before they should try and pick up action from the likes of Japan, South Africa or even Australia. It doesn't have to be live, and shouldn't be expensive to pick up.
Old 30-05-2012, 22:14   #726
thatllbeme
Inactive

so junes not as bad a month as i thought!

friday 1st: saunders v pryce,smith v gratero,buglioni v meikle(boxnation)
saturday 2nd : rose v carslaw(sky)tarver v kayode,trout v rodriguez,wright v quillin(boxnation)shumenov v ornelas(premier sport)
friday 8th: pavlik v sigmon (espn)
saturday 9th: pacquiao v bradley,jones v bailey,rigondeaux v kennedy(primetime)
friday 15th: ?
saturday 16th: quigg v munroe,rhodes v rabchenko,murray v achour(sky) chavez jr v lee,martirosyan v davis(?boxnation?)adamek v chambers ?
friday 22nd: walsh v ? (boxnation)
saturday 23rd: ortiz v lopez,soto v matthysse,arreola v ?(sky)
friday 29th: appleby v simpson (boxnation)
saturday 30th:groves v anderson (boxnation)
Old 30-05-2012, 23:04   #727
Chad
cf.mega poster

June is looking very good.

We've also got:

20th June: Prizefighter International Heavyweights II (SKY)

22nd June: Mike Dallas Jr. Vs. Javier Castro (ESPN)

Noticed people asking on Boxnations Facebook page if they are showing Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Vs. Andy Lee on the 16th June. Boxnation confirmed no British broadcaster has picked up the fight yet.....

Ortiz Vs. Lopez is definitely on SKY. They have it listed in their up coming fixture list for next month.

Boxnation like double headers. On the 30th June when Groves takes on Anderson, Roy Jones Jr. is over in Poland facing Dawid Kostecki. Wonder if Boxnation will pick that up?
Old 31-05-2012, 21:02   #728
thatllbeme
Inactive

some good middleweight fights coming up pirog v golovkin 25th august and then sturm v geale 1st september!
Old 01-06-2012, 23:50   #729
thatllbeme
Inactive

gary shaw productions seem to have won the purse bids for a lot of fights coming up over this summer/autumn but ive never heard of them
Old 01-06-2012, 23:57   #730
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
gary shaw productions seem to have won the purse bids for a lot of fights coming up over this summer/autumn but ive never heard of them
That's not good news for boxing fans with Virgin. Gary Shaw was one of the first promoters to sign a broadcast deal with Premier Sports, and as far as I know is still on good terms. Let's hope these big fights don't end up on Premier Sports.

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/bri...mier-sports-tv

Oh as an after thought he's apparently the most hated promoter in American boxing!
Old 02-06-2012, 17:40   #731
Chad
cf.mega poster

Yesterday Frank Warren issued the following statement:

"The British Boxing Board of Control had an embarrassing climb down today - withdrawing its threat to automatically terminate all of its members’ licences if they participate in the Haye v Chisora fight.

I still take the Board’s threat to call me to account for my role in the fight as Dereck Chisora’s manager as unlawful. The Board seems to have pre-judged the issue without hearing the point of view of any of its members and this is just wrong. I intend to issue proceedings next week and will support all other licence holders who feel intimidated into not participating in the Haye v Chisora promotion.

I may not be the only one suing the Board. The Board has also stopped fighters such as Kevin Mitchell, who I also manage, from fighting on the undercard. This is such a shame as Kevin was looking forward to fighting in front of the crowd at West Ham and it would have been great for the fans to see him again. He is asking the Board to re-consider and it may be forced to do so rather than face proceedings from Kevin for the purse he would have earned together with the lost opportunity to fight in front of 40,000 people."

Today however the European Boxing Union suspended the membership of the Luxembourg Boxing Federation. It is thought that the suspension will become an expulsion should the Luxembourg Boxing Federation sanction the proposed match between David Haye and Dereck Chisora.

Should the EBU no longer recognise the Luxembourg Boxing Federation, the legitimacy of any promotion they choose to sanction would be severely compromised.

This is becoming a total mess. If the boxing forum rumours are true, Frank Warren seriously needs this fight to go ahead to secure the short term future of Frank Warren Promotions. Cash flow and fighters not being paid are allegedly major problems at the moment. We might be seeing the beginning of the end for Frank Warren and Boxnation
Old 02-06-2012, 19:40   #732
thatllbeme
Inactive

gary shaw has sturm v geale,pirog v golovkin,ward v dawson and franco v russell jr!
Old 02-06-2012, 20:21   #733
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
gary shaw has sturm v geale,pirog v golovkin,ward v dawson and franco v russell jr!
It's a good list. I don't remember any Gary Shaw shows on Boxnation. Some of his fighters have featured on Goldenboy and Top Rank cards, which have been shown by Boxnation.
Old 08-06-2012, 21:03   #734
Chad
cf.mega poster

Pacquaio Vs. Bradley 24/7 is being broadcast tonight on 5USA from 11:35pm. It's the first 3 episodes back to back. The 4th episode is being broadcast on Primetime tomorrow prior to the fight.
Old 09-06-2012, 16:19   #735
Chad
cf.mega poster

Just a little warning to anyone planning on purchasing tonight's PPV.

I've now heard from 2 sources that the main event isn't going to start before 11:00pm Las Vegas time tonight. We here in the UK are currently 8 hours ahead of Vegas. That means the fight isn't going to start until between 7am and 8am here in the UK! Apparently Pacman is taking in a game of baseball before he fights tonight. This of course might all be a rumour however be prepared for a very long night.