Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 20-03-2015, 15:10   #9436
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My advice Jo is just to take each day as it comes with John as l find if we look too far ahead something always seems to go wrong.

Is this the device they are planning to implant Jo?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implantable_loop_recorder
That sounds like what the Consultant described den. When he called it a loop I expected it to be 'a loop' so I couldn't believe that such a small thing, looking like, but smaller than, one of my blood test strips could have a battery that lasts for 3 years and be able to do what it does.

I think he will be having it set to be activated automatically, we will be going back next week so I will know more then.

Have you had one implanted den?
Old 20-03-2015, 15:12   #9437
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
My husband, after what seems every test devised, has been been told that although he does have a heart abnormality(RBBB) it probably didn't cause him stopping breathing but they are going to implant a heart loop which will give a long term view of his heart function and monitor any future incidents .

His asthma has been confirmed as well controlled and again not thought to have been responsible.

So a lot of reassuring noises but nothing to explain what happened and because of that he is no longer allowed drive as it could happen again.

I can't decide whether to be happy or worried so I have decided to concentrate on the good news and just be content that whatever the future I have him with me now. Just wish he was a better back seat driver.
Well I suppose all in all it's good news and I dare say his back seat driving will improve with experience. If it doesn't, just give him a slap!...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 15:14   #9438
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Well I suppose all in all it's good news and I dare say his back seat driving will improve with experience. If it doesn't, just give him a slap!...
I am considering Gaffer Tape.
Old 20-03-2015, 15:22   #9439
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

As for Osem Jnr. the plan is for him to get as much experience behind the wheel as he can before taking his test just before his insurance is due for renewal a) to make him a safer/better driver but b) because the moment he passes, his insurance will more than double. He won't need to drive much at all for a while so it seems a waste to be spending £££££'s for the privilege any sooner than he needs to.
Old 20-03-2015, 15:23   #9440
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That sounds like what the Consultant described den. When he called it a loop I expected it to be 'a loop' so I couldn't believe that such a small thing, looking like, but smaller than, one of my blood test strips could have a battery that lasts for 3 years and be able to do what it does.

I think he will be having it set to be activated automatically, we will be going back next week so I will know more then.

Have you had one implanted den?
l don't think you will have anything to worry about next week as the people who do these implants are very good at their job Jo.

l have a implanted ICD which has a quite a big home monitor unit which was put in just under 5 years ago and sadly for me a little painful procedure will need to be done in the coming few months as they want to replace the batteries but that short pain is nothing compared to what some other members seem to be going through currently.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/...-defibrillator
Old 20-03-2015, 15:41   #9441
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l don't think you will have anything to worry about next week as the people who do these implants are very good at their job Jo.

l have a implanted ICD which has a quite a big home monitor unit which was put in just under 5 years ago and sadly for me a little painful procedure will need to be done in the coming few months as they want to replace the batteries but that short pain is nothing compared to what some other members seem to be going through currently.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/...-defibrillator
Sound like you could fit a couple of dozen of John's Loops in your ICD den. I remember my Father having to have a new battery in his Pacemaker and although it wasn't a painless procedure we always felt happier when he was running on a full charge.

I just wish I could find a magic wand that I could wave over everyone who is being pushed to their limits by conditions out side their control. Life seems very unfair at times.
Old 20-03-2015, 16:13   #9442
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

The housing people have been out - I've got a nice shiny new community alarm system
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 16:20   #9443
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

That's great news dilli.
Old 20-03-2015, 16:21   #9444
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
The housing people have been out - I've got a nice shiny new community alarm system
Nice. Just remember to have it on you.
Old 20-03-2015, 16:30   #9445
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am considering Gaffer Tape.
Why didn't I think of that when the boy's are arguing

Quote:
That's great dilli
Old 20-03-2015, 17:31   #9446
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Think positive. Hope all is well.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 17:34   #9447
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Nice. Just remember to have it on you.
Oddly the installer was telling me he has a terrible time with people leaving ther pendant thing in a drawer.
Old 20-03-2015, 17:35   #9448
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Is that to warn the community when you're coming?
Old 20-03-2015, 17:40   #9449
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Is that to warn the community when you're coming?
So THATS what the sirens and lights outside are for
Old 20-03-2015, 17:43   #9450
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
So THATS what the sirens and lights outside are for
Yeah of course. You didn't think they were to help you did you?