Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flexible Discount

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Flexible Discount

Old 11-04-2016, 14:57   #1
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all
Angry Flexible Discount

Six months ago, I was asked to call back to renegotiate my flexible discount. Today, I was offered nothing, why must VM lie? On a countdown to cancelling, enough is enough.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2016, 15:27   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Flexible Discount

I don't see how you were lied to. You were advised to call back in six months to re-negotiate. Having done so, you failed to get a further period of discount that is acceptable to you. Perhaps they're just getting fed up with you threatening to leave?
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 15:32   #3
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they should be fed up with giving all these discounts out. There are there to make money and not support people who otherwise couldn't afford it.

I know people who pay their full price and accept it. It's not about not being smart and trying to save money. it's about living within their means Neither of them are on super incomes either.

It's why i am soon to be with an ISP who does not do the new customer only shiz. It's one price for all and same service for all. IMHO a better way to do it.
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 18:57   #4
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23prince View Post
I think they should be fed up with giving all these discounts out. There are there to make money and not support people who otherwise couldn't afford it.

I know people who pay their full price and accept it. It's not about not being smart and trying to save money. it's about living within their means Neither of them are on super incomes either.

It's why i am soon to be with an ISP who does not do the new customer only shiz. It's one price for all and same service for all. IMHO a better way to do it.
Thought you were calling up today to get the 300 service?

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 20:39   #5
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
Six months ago, I was asked to call back to renegotiate my flexible discount. Today, I was offered nothing, why must VM lie? On a countdown to cancelling, enough is enough.
If you think the service sucks and enough is enough I am bemused as to why you would stay because of discounts?

Avail yourself of one of the very impressive new customer deals available elsewhere
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:44   #6
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It takes a lot more now to get your Loyalty Discount renewed than it did a year ago. It took me about 2 weeks to get my loyalty discount renewed. Plus got them to drop the new 12 month contract. So don't give up straight away

My package

Big Kahuna Bundle:

Talk Unlimited / TV Size: XL / V Box / 2 x TiVo / VIVID 200 Optical Fibre

Big Kahuna Bundle total £74.49

You'Re Receiving A £9 Loyalty Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 30-SEP-17
Promotional offer(s)CR £9.00

Phone line rental £17.99

My package total £83.48
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:57   #7
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Seems matesrates is actually worth it now, I always thought retentions gave better prices
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:33   #8
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I don't see how you were lied to. You were advised to call back in six months to re-negotiate. Having done so, you failed to get a further period of discount that is acceptable to you. Perhaps they're just getting fed up with you threatening to leave?
Because in order to continue my subscription, VM CS implied (not a promise) that this discount would continue on the basis that I called back in six months. I too don't want to keep up this silly haggling but if customers know it's there for the asking, that's will happen. If other forum members coming up for renewal read this, my post will hopefully show that VM can't be relied on to keep their word, and make an informed choice.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23prince View Post

I don't know about you but the money flow is strictly one way between VM and me. They don't support me at all. Why didn't you help the people who pay full price by telling them about the discounts? Do you hate them. I tell people and they get a much better deal, there are plenty of others willing to do this. Paying full price doesn't get a better service.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
If you think the service sucks and enough is enough I am bemused as to why you would stay because of discounts?

Avail yourself of one of the very impressive new customer deals available elsewhere
I didn't say the service sucks, it's the CS who mislead me IMO. I agreed to the rates they said but then 'pulled the rug' at six months.

VM should be aware of new businesses and competition available now, so yes of course I'll be considering them.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
It takes a lot more now to get your Loyalty Discount renewed than it did a year ago. It took me about 2 weeks to get my loyalty discount renewed. Plus got them to drop the new 12 month contract. So don't give up straight away

My package

Big Kahuna Bundle:

Talk Unlimited / TV Size: XL / V Box / 2 x TiVo / VIVID 200 Optical Fibre

Big Kahuna Bundle total £74.49

You'Re Receiving A £9 Loyalty Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 30-SEP-17
Promotional offer(s)CR £9.00

Phone line rental £17.99

My package total £83.48
Well done on getting the discount. Six months ago I asked what the flexible discount was for but they wouldn't explain. Not sure where the two weeks comes in, did you try again in two weeks or just get a different CSA?

Do you feel 23prince is helping to pay your bills?

OK my OP was a vent but why not?
Old 14-04-2016, 14:01   #9
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Thought you were calling up today to get the 300 service?

Cheers

Grim
I haven't yet but I am planning to soon. I was referring to my FTTC which I also run. I always have a backup

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Quote:
Do you feel 23prince is helping to pay your bills?
As long as I pay MY bills, Who gives a crap about anyone elses.
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 16:20   #10
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Just got £60 discount & Big Kahuna for £60.99 for 12 months . I am happy no threats just asked what was on offer.
Old 28-04-2016, 20:55   #11
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Well I actually called at the time to see why the original package I was on was more expensive than the same one they were offering out of the package deal.

So they changed it £56 a month for 9 months then £97 after that but I wont be paying £97 they said to me call in 9 months time and they would be happy to do a deal so if I find they are cheating me out of £97 when I said to them £86 was too much then I will take it further
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 21:07   #12
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I'm guessing in 9 months time you'll be locked I'm a contract
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 08:49   #13
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
So they changed it £56 a month for 9 months then £97 after that but I wont be paying £97 they said to me call in 9 months time and they would be happy to do a deal so if I find they are cheating me out of £97 when I said to them £86 was too much then I will take it further
Bit confused. You don't get to decide what you pay for the service. You will be billed in advance and if you don't want to pay that rate cancel.

If they haven't tied you into a contract I'm not sure what they will do. You can't expect to pay the intro rate then not pay the ongoing one for a while afterwards?

Definitely find out what it is going to after the promotional period, though, but if a deal was struck on the same terms as a new customer there may be some grief ahead.

Or the retentions team may offer you anything you want to stay, which is pretty common
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 22:49   #14
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

It was my wife that called them. the women on the phone moved us upto 200m BB and inc the movie package as well for £56 a month (£97) a month after 9 months my wife did say the original package of £87 a month was too much (out of contract on the premier package) so the women on the phone said not to worry about the £97 at the end of the 9 month period as they would be able to do a deal again if we phone them.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 23:53   #15
JPAC
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
It was my wife that called them. the women on the phone moved us upto 200m BB and inc the movie package as well for £56 a month (£97) a month after 9 months my wife did say the original package of £87 a month was too much (out of contract on the premier package) so the women on the phone said not to worry about the £97 at the end of the 9 month period as they would be able to do a deal again if we phone them.
LOL, all VM say is "there's nothing we can do".