Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

Old 19-03-2007, 00:26   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

So, now that the F1 season is under way again, let's have a thread to discuss the teams, the drivers, the cars, the races, etc.

Starting with the opening race... what a result for Lewis Hamilton. An unbelievable drive, and if it wasn't for the second pit stop, I think he could have pipped Alonso to 2nd place. Saying that, Alonso drove exceptionally well as well - as always. McLaren really do look like the team to watch this season.

Massa did well too, I thought. To come right from the back of the grid to finish 6th is no mean feat.

Hopefully Anthony Davidson will show his true potential as the season progresses - I'm not sure we really saw what he's capable of during today's race.

I wasn't paying too much attention to DC's crash - was it his fault, or did Wurz cut him up?

Roll on Malaysia on the 8th April.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2007, 01:12   #2
homealone

Re: Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

DC made a move from too far back, which Wurz would not have been able to see, wurz took the line ........
Old 08-04-2007, 18:07   #3
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Another great race today - I do like the Sepang circuit.

Good result for McLaren and another brilliant performance by Hamilton. I think he's got what it takes to eventually be world champion.

Massa, on the other hand, was naff. The mistakes he made trying to take 2nd place were bad enough, but then he didn't even manage to regain 3rd. Ferrari are really gonna struggle this season, imo. Luckily Raikkonen is performing well, but having only 1 decent driver isn't going to help them.
Old 08-04-2007, 18:49   #4
homealone

I have to agree that Hamilton has looked awfully impressive, it looks like McLaren have a very competitive car & driver package.

I thought Heidfeld did well, also. That and a good performance by Rosberg/Williams will hopefully mean it won't always be a one or two car race, this season...
Old 08-04-2007, 22:59   #5
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Yes, Heidfeld did have a good race as well.

What are your thoughts on the new tyre regulations? I think it's a bad idea making a driver use both sets during a race. There are times when this isn't necessary - like today - and it ruins the race, imo.

I like the idea of only having one supplier, however, as it makes the playing field a bit more even. I never liked it when a better driver or car was impeded simply because their tyres weren't as performant as the other manufacturer's.
Old 08-04-2007, 23:35   #6
homealone

don't get me started on tyres

in my opinion they should use one make of slick tyres, the soft_hard 'white groove' thing doesn't make any sense, to me
Old 15-04-2007, 12:02   #7
Gareth
cf.mega poster

F1 now on telly.... nice weather, food cooking, beers are already chilled - this is a perfect Sunday, let's just hope that Lewis can perform as well as he's done so far this season
Old 15-04-2007, 14:25   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

race about to start

will Lewis win his first race?

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Jensons out first lap

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Hamilton makes F1 history by finishing on the podeum on his first three races.

He's also joint first in the drivers championship

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 22:44   #9
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Cannot believe this thread is so small, with a rookie British driver leading the championship. Todays race was certainly the most exciting to date. The horrific crash of Kubica from which he emerged with only a broken leg was truly amazing, the sheer strength of these cars is beyond belief.

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 23:13   #10
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Cannot believe this thread is so small, with a rookie British driver leading the championship. Todays race was certainly the most exciting to date. The horrific crash of Kubica from which he emerged with only a broken leg was truly amazing, the sheer strength of these cars is beyond belief.

Jim.
It usually is an incident packed race at Montreal & today was no exception - in some ways for the wrong reasons, the walls, the bumps & the dodgy surface aren't really 'on', but it does make for more interesting racing

I was in total awe of the fact Kubica survived that crash, a real tribute to the people who have campaigned over the years for the car construction standards to be so safety conscious - wonder what the equivalent ncap rating is for head on into a wall at 180mph?
Old 10-06-2007, 23:15   #11
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
I was in total awe of the fact Kubica survived that crash, a real tribute to the people who have campaigned over the years for the car construction standards to be so safety conscious - wonder what the equivalent ncap rating is for head on into a wall at 180mph?
Hi Gaz, I'm just glad that they don't make domestic applainces to such rigorous specs, I would be out of a job in no time.
Old 10-06-2007, 23:40   #12
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Hi Gaz, I'm just glad that they don't make domestic applainces to such rigorous specs, I would be out of a job in no time.
Hey Jim

- hmm, if they made a carbon fibre drum on a direct drive motor, would you need such a large damping weight? - can you imagine it though, "sorry madam your drum speed management chip has blown" - you would just need re-training
Old 11-06-2007, 10:38   #13
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6739469.stm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc
Meanwhile, Briton Anthony Davidson was cursing his luck after hitting a beaver on lap 37...
I'm surprised Nugget hasn't passed comment already!
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:41   #14
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6739469.stmI'm surprised Nugget hasn't passed comment already!
Hey, sometimes the joke just tells itself
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:44   #15
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
Hey Jim

- can you imagine it though, "sorry madam your drum speed management chip has blown" - you would just need re-training
Sadly Gaz, that already happens, certain manufacturers use electronic controls that fit various models, the information for each individual model is stored on an eeprom on the main PCB. The company engineers have laptop enabled software to allow them to reprogram corrupted eeproms or write new instructions to the old eeprom or to new blank ones. Unfortunately this software is not available to the independent trade, this means that if we suspect a main module fault we have to replace the £80.00 module together with a £20.00 pre programmed eeprom.

One manufacturer in particular does this, their machines sell for as little as £199.00, it is little wonder that you see a lot of I******t machines on the scrap heap less than two years old.

Jim.