Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 28-01-2015, 21:14   #241
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

@Ken W
i got Intel Quad Core2 Q6600 2.4GHz with 4Gb RAM memory DDR3 (1066MHz)
Graphic Card:- Geforce 9400 GT.

it sometimes lag's alot when opening lots of apps programs and web browser taps. and sometimes lag's a bit. and sometimes running very good.
(don't no if upgrading the Graphic card to AMD Radeon R7 240 might help with lag).

its better to have Intel i5 or Intel i7 or AMD A10 with 8Gb RAM
if you don't want any lag.

it will lag alot or it might crash alot on 1.73 Centrino better to get a better CPU with more RAM. you can try it if you want, and tell us if it worked very good or not.

but in my opinion its not really worth it trying on a single core CPU with less memory.

if it lags on my computer then what will happen to yours?
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2015, 21:39   #242
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
@Ken W
i got Intel Quad Core2 Q6600 2.4GHz with 4Gb RAM memory DDR3 (1066MHz)
Graphic Card:- Geforce 9400 GT.

it sometimes lag's alot when opening lots of apps programs and web browser taps. and sometimes lag's a bit. and sometimes running very good.
(don't no if upgrading the Graphic card to AMD Radeon R7 240 might help with lag).

its better to have Intel i5 or Intel i7 or AMD A10 with 8Gb RAM
if you don't want any lag.

it will lag alot or it might crash alot on 1.73 Centrino better to get a better CPU with more RAM. you can try it if you want, and tell us if it worked very good or not.

but in my opinion its not really worth it trying on a single core CPU with less memory.

if it lags on my computer then what will happen to yours?
Perhaps I will get another hard drive to put in my main pc to try it out (3.4Ghz quad core + 8 gig ram) then I could just swap the hard which has 8.1 installed with the new drive so not to interfere with my windows 8.1.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 21:47   #243
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

this pc has 4gb ram, 2.53ghz intel core 2 duo e7200, seems to run ok, on board graphics, so it's not a flash pc, just sits under tv to surf internet, watch tv/films.

regarding virtualbox, converted the vdi, to an ova, now it has opened in vmware player, which I haven't used in years, but it seems to be working
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 00:32   #244
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Considering the VHD option when I can get a version working in a VM
VMWare Workstation (Version 10) supposedly has 'official' support for Windows 10 VMs.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 14:10   #245
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

How to enable the Spartan browser's speedy new Edge engine makes ie quicker

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28752...html#tk.nl_pwr
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 15:13   #246
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

its not lagging now. the reason for lagging was my network was on 2.4GHz (Internet Router) modem.
I changed my network to 5GHz not its running fast.
Old 29-01-2015, 16:36   #247
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

The frequency of your 'network modem' makes your CPU and Windows lag?
Old 29-01-2015, 21:23   #248
truthspeaker
cf.addict

web pages were lagging.
Old 29-01-2015, 21:55   #249
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

what a pain, but got there in the end. using vmware I couldn't get the vm to connect to internet, tried a few things, and to be fair, I got bored and thought I'd go back to virtualbox.

so uninstalled virtual box again, and deleted my settings, and all remaing files in program files. reinstalled VirtualBox-4.3.12-93733-Win, created a new vm using existing virtual hard disk, and all ok now

still had to reboot the pc after it started to get network to work
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 23:50   #250
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
web pages were lagging.
Yet you were complaining about 'apps programs' lagging, not web pages.
Old 30-01-2015, 01:29   #251
truthspeaker
cf.addict

yeah if i install lots of programs and software then it lags.
but web pages were lagging because my internet it using 2.4GHz network.

web pages running fast now on 5GHz.
Old 30-01-2015, 15:04   #252
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Can Windows 10 beta be downloaded to a file so that I can install it on my other pc?
Old 30-01-2015, 15:15   #253
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Can Windows 10 beta be downloaded to a file so that I can install it on my other pc?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-iso

You can create a DVD for it or a bootable flash drive.
Old 30-01-2015, 15:19   #254
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-iso

You can create a DVD for it or a bootable flash drive.
Thank you that is the answer I was hoping for.
Old 30-01-2015, 20:30   #255
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Still can't make up my mind whether to install it or wait a few months!

What do you guys think of your install seeing you have had it running a while?