Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock
Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2012, 21:36   #421
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Richard, with all due respect - why should they?

You have alleged, in the past, that you have "high level" contacts in the VM management structure, and threatened to report some posters because you believed their behaviours were inappropriate - why should they now tell you things that, if known by VM, could weaken the Union's case.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2012, 22:57   #422
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Coulter View Post
It has been brought to my attention that the CWU intend to take legal action against Adecco and Virgin Media for not following the correct procedure in decommissioning Albert Dock.

Can anyone enlighten me with anything that they know about this?

I can perfectly understand that some people may wish to do this by PM
I am sure members of the CWU will make the union aware of this thread so they are aware that questions are being asked.

As a member of staff it would be highly inappropriate of me to pass on information relating to my employer to someone on a forum in open thread or via PM, and i am sure other staff members will be aware of the risk of doing that as well

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

You have alleged, in the past, that you have "high level" contacts in the VM management structure, and threatened to report some posters because you believed their behaviours were inappropriate - why should they now tell you things that, if known by VM, could weaken the Union's case.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09   #423
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

How stupid do you think ex employees are and do remember it is mainly ex employees who this issue affects so do please go and ask your alleged high ranking buddies all about it as they must be well aware of what is happening if they ever existed.

One thing this new question proves is that you are just a bluff merchant as we knew all along who is all huff and no puff.
Old 01-09-2012, 22:58   #424
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

This is being asked out of a personal interest in contemporary trade unionist issues. I am broadly in favour of responsible trade unionism. Any information received will not be disclosed to a third party without prior permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
How stupid do you think ex employees are and do remember it is mainly ex employees who this issue affects so do please go and ask your alleged high ranking buddies all about it as they must be well aware of what is happening if they ever existed.

One thing this new question proves is that you are just a bluff merchant as we knew all along who is all huff and no puff.
I can confirm that any previously mentioned contacts that I have within VM are not involved with this issue.

You said that you had put me on ignore after your personal attacks on me some time ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I am sure members of the CWU will make the union aware of this thread so they are aware that questions are being asked.

As a member of staff it would be highly inappropriate of me to pass on information relating to my employer to someone on a forum in open thread or via PM, and i am sure other staff members will be aware of the risk of doing that as well

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

John East is fully aware of this thread and has provided me with some information about this, so there is no need for thinly veiled accusations of subterfuge

You also said that you had put me on ignore after your personal attacks on me some time ago

Those who wish to be helpful, or wish to speak to me about anything else, can contact me via PM in the knowledge that anything they say will be treated with complete confidence and discretion if that is what they wish
Old 01-09-2012, 23:06   #425
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Richard due to your behaviour and attitude on here in the past towards VM employees, none of them trust you anymore and I'm astonished that you would think otherwise.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-09-2012, 08:15   #426
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This is being asked out of a personal interest in contemporary trade unionist issues. I am broadly in favour of responsible trade unionism. Any information received will not be disclosed to a third party without prior permission.

I can confirm that any previously mentioned contacts that I have within VM are not involved with this issue.

You said that you had put me on ignore after your personal attacks on me some time ago

John East is fully aware of this thread and has provided me with some information about this, so there is no need for thinly veiled accusations of subterfuge

You also said that you had put me on ignore after your personal attacks on me some time ago

Those who wish to be helpful, or wish to speak to me about anything else, can contact me via PM in the knowledge that anything they say will be treated with complete confidence and discretion if that is what they wish
Lets put it this way if you have contact with John East which somehow I doubt as you obviously do not have a clue about what the union is doing and any high ranking contacts would have knowledge of what is happening as it will be of great concern to them monetary and reputation wise.

Ask your now union friend John East and your high ranking friends within the company because as they are friends they will obviously tell you all you know, I wonder how many posts you had to trawl through to find the name John East.

You are just trying to get some facts that you know nothing about as this thread proves that you do not have these purported contacts available to your self and it is purely the ravings of fantasy nothing more.

I doubt anyone would be gullible enough to provide you with any information just for you try and stir things up especially as I am the only member on here that the closure affected do you think for one second that I will let you be privy to information that could in any way affect our case.

Being on ignore does not prevent anyone reading your posts by the way and thank you for the nice green item much appreciated.

I will post the outcome later in the year unless your friend John East tells you first.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:06   #427
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Lets put it this way if you have contact with John East which somehow I doubt as you obviously do not have a clue about what the union is doing and any high ranking contacts would have knowledge of what is happening as it will be of great concern to them monetary and reputation wise.

Ask your now union friend John East and your high ranking friends within the company because as they are friends they will obviously tell you all you know, I wonder how many posts you had to trawl through to find the name John East.

You are just trying to get some facts that you know nothing about as this thread proves that you do not have these purported contacts available to your self and it is purely the ravings of fantasy nothing more.

I doubt anyone would be gullible enough to provide you with any information just for you try and stir things up especially as I am the only member on here that the closure affected do you think for one second that I will let you be privy to information that could in any way affect our case.

Being on ignore does not prevent anyone reading your posts by the way and thank you for the nice green item much appreciated.

I will post the outcome later in the year unless your friend John East tells you first.

Old 02-09-2012, 22:29   #428
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Wow, it's difficult to know where to start with all the assumptions and overall snide tone.

Assumptions are rarely true and never helpful. Being bitter about the past will not help your career.

Still, we can expect little more from someone who sees nothing wrong and is unrepentant about their sexist remarks and racist views of the people of Wales.

I can confirm that I have had direct contact with John East regarding the subject under discussion. I have no interest in whether you believe this or not.

I can also confirm that nobody by the name of "Peter" was registered as a member of the CWU when Albert Dock was open.

You were not the only "member" affected by the closure.

As you will be aware, some ex Albert Dock staff were head hunted.

You stated that you had "decided against going down that route" (probably the most oxymoronic statement I have ever come across!)

Some of those that were headhunted WERE actual CWU members and are on here.

It is now obvious that you have not put me on ignore as you stated you had previously. The only reason I can think of for this, is that you enjoy causing disruption on the forum.

It is not clear what you mean by "the nice green item". If you wish to say something, please don't talk in riddles, as this unhelpful.

It is not me that seeks to stir things up, it is actually yourself and your sidekick who seems to follow you round the boards clapping and smiling after everything you say in a puerile attempt to cause further bad feeling.

I also respectfully refer you to a previous thread where one of the owners of this forum told you that, if you had an axe to grind, you should keep it away from Cableforum.

It is time that the pair of you acted your age instead of your shoe size.

Back on topic...

If anybody has anything constructive to contribute, please don't let others put you off posting in public, by PM or email, as this is exactly their aim

Any help thus far that has been given by people with this research is appreciated and their privacy, as was promised, will be respected in full.

Best wishes to all :-)
Old 02-09-2012, 22:36   #429
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Richard, you are possibly the most deluded person I have ever seen posting on this forum.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02   #430
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

I can confirm that I have had direct contact with John East regarding the subject under discussion. I have no interest in whether you believe this or not.
Some how I doubt that otherwise you would not be digging for information on here would you as he would have told you all that you need to know.

Quote:
I can also confirm that nobody by the name of "Peter" was registered as a member of the CWU when Albert Dock was open.
Clueless as usual I bet you think the was only one Peter employed at the Albert Dock, words fail me over your crass ignorance.

Quote:
You were not the only "member" affected by the closure.
The are no other members of this forum who were affected by the closure so again that shows how little you know about the membership of this forum as I would know anyone that was a member here from the Albert Dock.

Quote:
As you will be aware, some ex Albert Dock staff were head hunted.
No one was headhunted as they chose to go and if you knew who went and how good an agent they were then you would not have assumed they were headhunted, anyone could have had a job down there as that was part of the closure agreement.

The more knowledgeable members of staff either went to other similar companies locally for a much higher salary or they were offered jobs within the company either in Knowsley or Wythenshawe.
Old 03-09-2012, 17:01   #431
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Richard, you are possibly the most deluded person I have ever seen posting on this forum.
More than telfordcable?
Old 03-09-2012, 17:05   #432
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You need to expand on this, or your comment is meaningless.

Quote:
Some how I doubt that otherwise you would not be digging for information on here would you as he would have told you all that you need to know.

Clueless as usual I bet you think the was only one Peter employed at the Albert Dock, words fail me over your crass ignorance.

The are no other members of this forum who were affected by the closure so again that shows how little you know about the membership of this forum as I would know anyone that was a member here from the Albert Dock.

No one was headhunted as they chose to go and if you knew who went and how good an agent they were then you would not have assumed they were headhunted, anyone could have had a job down there as that was part of the closure agreement.

The more knowledgeable members of staff either went to other similar companies locally for a much higher salary or they were offered jobs within the company either in Knowsley or Wythenshawe.
The information about you was provided by John East. He stated that no member of the CWU based at Albert Dock was called "Peter".

For the record, are you accusing John East of lying to me?

As previously explained, and acknowledged by yourself earlier in the thread on more than one occasion, some members of staff were headhunted and some are also members of this forum.

Why you think you should automatically be made aware of the private business of your former colleagues is as conceited as it is bizarre.

You need to make your mind up. Either I know nothing and am looking for basic information, or, I am trying to obtain further information to weaken the unions' case as I am able to do this/would want to do this through my contacts. Which is it?*

*If the truth be known, both of your assumptions are incorrect.

I don't believe that you were really suited to working for Virgin Media, so I don't understand your continued bitterness as things seem to have worked out to the benefit of both parties.
Old 03-09-2012, 17:30   #433
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Why don't you ask John East the questions you raised above?
Quote:
It has been brought to my attention that the CWU intend to take legal action against Adecco and Virgin Media for not following the correct procedure in decommissioning Albert Dock.

Can anyone enlighten me with anything that they know about this?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-09-2012, 17:57   #434
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
You need to expand on this, or your comment is meaningless..
I have watched your behaviour towards VM employees who you felt gave you less respect than you deserved, on this forum and DigitalSpy, over many years. I have seen the response of many VM employees towards you on that forum and this one and read their opinions on the subject (as I recall, your brief appointment as a 'forum host' at DigitalSpy went down like a lead balloon).

For you to hope or expect any VM employee to take you into their personal confidence would, in my opinion, require such a complete lack of awareness of how others have reacted towards you in the past, as to be delusional.

It seems to me that either you have significant management contacts in VM, and think nothing of using them to try to put pressure on VM staff who frequent this forum (and DigitalSpy), or you don't, in which case who knows what strange game you're playing. Either way, I can't think of one single reason why any employee of VM (or any other individual, for that matter) should place their trust or confidence in an anonymous poster on an internet forum.

Does that expand it sufficiently for you?
Old 03-09-2012, 18:03   #435
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

If there is a case ongoing between the Union and Virginmedia and if that case ends up with the lawyers, then surely having a thread open here could prejudice that case if the wrong information is posted or is commented on.

Closed Thread