Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2

Old 01-12-2012, 19:50   #121
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Superhub 2

SH2?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2012, 19:53   #122
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
I think their working towards change but I also think they need help.
What help would actually be effective? From whom would that help come?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 20:02   #123
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
What help would actually be effective? From whom would that help come?
common sense and all i've said already or close to it. me.
Old 01-12-2012, 20:48   #124
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
common sense and all i've said already or close to it. me.
How are you gonna make VM change their spots, TH?

Old 01-12-2012, 21:01   #125
thenry
Inactive

i've done it before. im sure i could do it again. if anything id have to change my spots for it to be a success
Old 01-12-2012, 21:27   #126
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I can see them using the original Superhub as the lower tier device for 30-60 and the new one as the device delivered with the 'premium' tiers. Just like they did with the Hub/Superhub originally. Even if its just to help ship the remaining stock.

The plan of only having one device is probably a good one, but it did not survive the battlefield and is made increasingly less relevant if a second version of the Superhub comes out only a few years after the Superhub itself graced our connections.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 22:02   #127
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
I can see them using the original Superhub as the lower tier device for 30-60 and the new one as the device delivered with the 'premium' tiers. Just like they did with the Hub/Superhub originally. Even if its just to help ship the remaining stock.
[SEPH]: That's not their style. Skie. Peter (ex-VM) has told you all how it'll work

The plan of only having one device is probably a good one, but it did not survive the battlefield and is made increasingly less relevant if a second version of the Superhub comes out only a few years after the Superhub itself graced our connections.
[SEPH]: I don't see that as logical, I'm afraid. A laptop is fairly obsolete after three years as more powerful chipsets emerge. At minimum the SH2 is analagous. Plus lets'hope VM have learned the lessons regarding the lame SH1

Old 01-12-2012, 22:07   #128
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
[SEPH]: That's not their style. Skie. Peter (ex-VM) has told you all how it'll work
It's not unprecedented. When the VMNG300 was released it was kept for the tiers that needed it only - the other tiers continued with the older D2 modems
Old 01-12-2012, 22:13   #129
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

That was a differnet DOCSIS scenario from today's, Ben.

Old 01-12-2012, 22:14   #130
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That was a differnet DOCSIS scenario from today's, Ben.
True, but they also did it with the Wireless routers for a time - the lower tiers got a Wireless G router, the higher ones Wireless N
Old 01-12-2012, 22:15   #131
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Again, SH1/SH2 - wireless N. Plus then the lower tiers were not DOCSIS 3.

Old 01-12-2012, 22:18   #132
thenry
Inactive

SH1 non simultaneous band functioning. SH2 simultaneous band functioning.

???
Old 01-12-2012, 22:19   #133
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Again, SH1/SH2 - wireless N. Plus then the lower tiers were not DOCSIS 3.
Ok then, the Hub and SuperHub were both Wireless N and post the D3 network being available, and were still run side by side based on tier.
Old 01-12-2012, 22:49   #134
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Now, to all intents and purposes, it's a D3 world. What we're all looking for in your responses is an actual clue as to what VM would do if it differs from Peter's view.

Old 01-12-2012, 22:54   #135
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Now, to all intents and purposes, it's a D3 world. What we're all looking for in your responses is an actual clue as to what VM would do if it differs from Peter's view.
To be honest I have no idea what the plan is, but as I have no idea, I'm not making assumptions