Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

Old 03-07-2009, 23:30   #46
Redbull69
Inactive

Redbull69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

Just subscribed and tried to watch some HD content only to be faced with a high demand error every time, rang Virgin and they said thats becuase your watching during peak time. WTF?
Anyhoo they said that engineers are working on the demand problem since MAY!, and they cannot tell me when it will be fixed??????? So when can i re-subscribe or when will my on demand problems end. Virgin are cowboys, end of. It took the 13 months to sort out my broadband, is this looking like another long slog?
Redbull69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2009, 23:41   #47
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

I may have been intrested in this but after trying to watch a couple HD on demand programs the other day I found the picture would freeze and sound go off after 10 mins or so while the timer kept going on. Only way to get it back was to rewind or fast forward a couple times and then it would work again Not willing to pay the extra £5 if it does not work properly.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:56   #48
cli70488
Inactive

Services: 32"LCD TV- V+ box .Tivo. VM TV XL . Sat. box with Sky dish " Broadband "L"with VM.
cli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enoughcli70488 will become famous soon enough

I have taken the Picturebox Films to try at £5 per month and the Contract is for a minimum of 30 days, as other items are on VM. not a full year as a member thought. If there any titles of interest and they are in HD the charge is, it seems, very reasonable
cli70488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 16:16   #49
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I may have been intrested in this but after trying to watch a couple HD on demand programs the other day I found the picture would freeze and sound go off after 10 mins or so while the timer kept going on. Only way to get it back was to rewind or fast forward a couple times and then it would work again Not willing to pay the extra £5 if it does not work properly.
Have you called 151 to ask them to investigate the fault?
Ive not had the problem you speak of so has to be worth a free call to get them to check it out.
Or virginmediasupport newsgroup if you dont want to call them.
daveetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 17:09   #50
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
Have you called 151 to ask them to investigate the fault?
Ive not had the problem you speak of so has to be worth a free call to get them to check it out.
Or virginmediasupport newsgroup if you dont want to call them.
Havn't really used it enough to know if its an ongoing fault or if it was just on that day so have not bothered yet. As I start to watch more if it carry's on the yes thats the route I will take
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 18:13   #51
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

I've been streaming HD Band of Brothers every day this week and have had no problems at all. Obviously not a PictureBox program, but not sure why people have had trouble with other HD content.
Nook29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:55   #52
j0rdan
Inactive

Services: xxl BB/xl TV/xl Tel
j0rdan is on a distinguished roadj0rdan is on a distinguished road

I used to have this on TopUpTV.
A new film everyday and they arent all too bad, OK if your not the type of person who watches many film in the first place, this isnt going to look like much of a deal.
But lets look at this way, if you watch only 2 out of the 28-31 film every month, that comes to only £2.5 per film, as soon as you start watching 1 a week they are down to £1.20 per film.
So if you actually are a film watcher and end up watching multiple films every week this ends up being a bargin.
OK not all the films are Triple A titles, but I dont see any which are bad films either, out of the titles that are currently up I see more than 5 I would loved to watch right now and so I would get my moneys worth right away, and as you would have already paid for it, you will be more inclined to watch other films on the service that you have never heard of an would never have watched before, thus broadening your horizons.

Like I said, I use to have this on TopUpTV (on their they recorded a new film to your box every night) and I found alot of big titles over the course and really enjoyed it.

And lets face it, even if you only watched 1 HD film a month, this still isnt much over FilmFlex cost, and like I said, you may find something you would never have even thought of watching before.
j0rdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 13:37   #53
irishguymcr
Inactive

Services: Samsung V+ M+ TV/M Phone/ XXL Broadband SKY HD for tv
irishguymcr is on a distinguished roadirishguymcr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to irishguymcr
Thumbs up Re: Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

I have to agree with j0rdan there are a few good films on this service and the fact that they are in HD makes it even better just a pity they're not in 5.1

This is the first positive thing VM have done in relation to HD and it should be welcomed and is a lot cheaper than ordering Filmflex HD movies which to be honest I've usually seen either at the cinema or on BluRay from Lovefilm.

What we need next is for Netflix to launch in the UK and VM to tie up with them to give unlimited movies (or even Lovefilm) through the VM OD platform or perhaps other film services from the other studios.

I wonder if this could be a sign of the possible HD linear channels coming to VM, hopefully we'll get the NBC Universal ones Scifi, Hallmark, etc.
irishguymcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:07   #54
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

No 5.1?

No sale.
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23   #55
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

This is a good deal. Just subscribed and dumped Sky movies
naeskydish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:06   #56
j0rdan
Inactive

About two thirds seem to be in HD.
Old 08-07-2009, 16:37   #57
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
flimflex and picturebox

hi I know that if we pay £5 a month to picturebox we can watch there movies. Do you think that filmflex will do the same?

Andrew.
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 16:53   #58
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: flimflex and picturebox and movies on BBC Iplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post

Can you watch movies on BBC I player i.e flightplan .
Short answer is no, as the BBC will only have rights for a one time broadcast from the film company.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 19:14   #59
j0rdan
Inactive

Re: flimflex and picturebox and movies on BBC Iplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Short answer is no, as the BBC will only have rights for a one time broadcast from the film company.
Some films are starting to appear on iPlayer now.