Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

Old 01-07-2009, 11:44   #16
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age
Re: Unlimited VM HD Movies-On-Demand for £5 per month

The list of movies is now online, and as expected, they are pretty bad. You can go a few weeks infront as well, and they still suck.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 17:56   #17
jab1990
Inactive

jab1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope this was not the surprise as it is such a dissapointment and actually manages to make sky movies package amazing.
jab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 18:16   #18
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

dont understand the movies channels at all myself either you want to see the latest thing immediately and pay for a cinema pass or use http://www.tescodvdrental.com/ or others and get a full range of films including blue ray cheaper than most of the ( if not all ) film deals from sky or virgin and get to watch them when you want as many times as you want or wait till they go to the normal channels and pay nothing
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 19:00   #19
sebastion
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Talk and BB.
sebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to behold

If that is Virgins Super Duper Surprise, I think its time too call it a day. The selection of Films are dire....looking at those selections were making my eyes bleed.
I will wait and see what happens regarding the Football.
sebastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 20:42   #20
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
The list of movies is now online, and as expected, they are pretty bad. You can go a few weeks infront as well, and they still suck.
Haha true. The only one i'd consider watching it Dazed and Confused but i've had that on dvd for ages now.

Hopefully the service will get much much better.

Btw where does it say the films will be in hd?
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 23:16   #21
kirk1690
Inactive

Services: Tivo . Virgin 200 tvL. Virgin Landline, Sky HD variety pack movies and sport.
kirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
5 quid a year would be too much
kirk1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08   #22
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Content will be from UNIVERSAL studios Films library.
The last good movie series they done Was the BOURNE trilogy.
and the comedy Mummy films.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:09   #23
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

lol i watch a lot of movies but i haven't even heard of some of them
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:03   #24
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

That list of films is SHOCKING. Is anybody really going to subscrive to that? Honestly, Virgin need to get a frickin grip on reality!

Those films should be FREE on the XL package. I would want somebody to pay me at least £5 to watch one of those "films".
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:45   #25
Jabbs
Inactive

Services: 50MB Cable - XL TV - XL Phone - 2 x V+ HD - 1 x Standard
Jabbs is on a distinguished roadJabbs is on a distinguished road

You see crap like that on itv etc why would you pay for it.
Jabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:18   #26
zing_deleted

The Game is a good movie as is The life of David Gale ,8 mile and mystery men. David Gale is an excellent movie if you have not seen it dont pay to watch it but its worth a view. Thats from current. There are a few but god charging someone to watch them is pretty tight
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38   #27
Jabbs
Inactive

Services: 50MB Cable - XL TV - XL Phone - 2 x V+ HD - 1 x Standard
Jabbs is on a distinguished roadJabbs is on a distinguished road

Some of the films are good I won't argue that i enjoyed 8 Mile but when you are paying you would expect newer films really.
Jabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:45   #28
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

In fairness to VM the quality of the movies on there really isn't their fault. There aren't really any alternatives to picturebox for sVOD movies, and picturebox are limited in what they can put on there. At least VM are trying to do something like this and realising that people want svod movies, all they can do is resell the service from a 3rd party provider, and picturebox is the biggest one in the UK.

This really does show that something needs to be done with sky's svod rights, the market is clearly there, but it's being held back by the rights to the decent stuff being tied up by someone who can't even use them. I'm sure many of us would replace our sky movies subscriptions with a svod service that offered the same movies. Which is essentially why sky have the rights.
Old 02-07-2009, 14:13   #29
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

That's not the list they're launching with on VM - it's what they currently have available on BT Vision and Tiscali. I believe this is just a placeholder on the site.
If anyone it at home they can check Movies On Demand and I'm told there's the actual list there.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 14:15   #30
TheDon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
That's not the list they're launching with on VM - it's what they currently have available on BT Vision and Tiscali. I believe this is just a placeholder on the site.
If anyone it at home they can check Movies On Demand and I'm told there's the actual list there.
This is the actual list, and is exactly what is showing in movies on demand now.