Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Big Brother returns on Channel 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Big Brother returns on Channel 5

Old 30-01-2011, 11:43   #106
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Big Brother: Channel 5 close to deal

My point is I'm not a fan and can find better things to do with my time but if that is what someone enjoys watching I won't stop them from watching. Watch whatever you want.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2011, 11:43   #107
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Not really - it's just something that was done once. And so /could/ and I stress COULD happen again.

It's no big secret it happened.
What did happen dilli?
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:46   #108
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not really - it's just something that was done once. And so /could/ and I stress COULD happen again.

It's no big secret it happened.

Thanks, Dilly.

Well, we all felt attacked last year on the BB thread. I'm not going to open old wounds, so to speak, but it did feel like that.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
My point is I'm not a fan and can find better things to do with my time but if that is what someone enjoys watching I won't stop them from watching. Watch whatever you want.
Cheers, I will
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:47   #109
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Thanks, Dilly.

Well, we all felt attacked last year on the BB thread. I'm not going to open old wounds, so to speak, but it did feel like that.
I do second that and what should have been a good send of for the last bb thread and for the people who liked and posted on it, it went down like a stone and people just weren't interested anymore in posting on it.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:48   #110
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
What did happen dilli?
There was a seperate thread for people to moan in and people were asked not to moan in the other one. The two /sides/ if you will were sort of kept seperate.

Simple as
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:49   #111
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

As i say, lets forget about last year....

It would be nice, if it did come back, that we could just discuss the programme.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Quote:
There was a seperate thread for people to moan in and people were asked not to moan in the other one. The two /sides/ if you will were sort of kept seperate.

Simple as
Thanks Dilly.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:50   #112
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Thanks, Dilly.

Indeed, these things are of course nothing to do with me any more, but if it gets that bad you could pm a mod / admin and see what they could do.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:51   #113
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Indeed, these things are of course nothing to do with me any more, but if it gets that bad you could pm a mod / admin and see what they could do.
Thanks , the mods/admins are usually very good on here
Old 30-01-2011, 11:54   #114
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I edited that post, Masque. I don't mind jokes, I'm very easy going and can take jokes. My post was about the people who seek out BB threads and go on the attack.
You lot love the programme so enjoy if it returns but expect the occasional joke or picture to be included.

I thought that it had run its course especially with Channel 4 cancelling it which is unusual if they thought it possible to go on, maybe Channel Five will be successful with their revamp but at this time no one knows.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:54   #115
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks , the mods/admins are usually very good on here
I agree yes the mod/admins are good on here.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:57   #116
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You lot love the programme so enjoy if it returns but expect the occasional joke or picture to be included.

I thought that it had run its course especially with Channel 4 cancelling it which is unusual if they thought it possible to go on, maybe Channel Five will be successful with their revamp but at this time no one knows.
We don't mind jokes
Old 30-01-2011, 12:32   #117
Sasha222
Inactive

We actually enjoy your jokes Masque and your funny pictures as well and you always make me laugh as well

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Quote:

Simple as
Ya I remember that and people were directed to the moan bb thread if they came on to give a negative view about it
Old 30-01-2011, 15:23   #118
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

How about getting back the the topic, not what threads existed last year. Thanks.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 15:26   #119
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

To be honest there is little wrong with the format. It only went wrong when C4 & The rights owners had differing ideas on what they wanted to do with the show. That and monet is what killed the format on C4. 12 months without rights in the UK is whats kicked the rights owners into gear to get here act sorted.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 15:38   #120
Sasha222
Inactive

I could be wrong but channel 4 didn't want go keep it and wanted I think to kill it of so no other company would touch it. A lot of the audience bycotted it also when the live feed on the red button was taken away. They only gave back the live feed last year when you paid for it online when they were getting a lot of flack over it. The ratings were very good last year for both CBB and the ordinary bb. Endemol wanted them to show the live feed for a long time and if they did show it they would have had a lot more people watching it