Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky TV (What's on soon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky TV (What's on soon)

Old 08-04-2013, 19:24   #406
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Sky TV (What's on soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes just noticed that now in the Showcase , hopefully they'll try this more to entice people to use Sky Store more.
Yeah, I'm not particularly interested in the Hobbit but I'll be renting it anyway for £1.99. Can't go wrong at that price for a new release!

Like you say, hopefully a lot of people take Sky up on this and it starts to happen more often.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2013, 12:55   #407
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Hopefully next month the 3D channel will start working for me, some of the programmes at least. Sky forum staff get everyone so confused with wrong or conflicting information, im not even sure if what they have now stated is actually correct

Those like me on Entertainment extra, with the HD pack on top will get access to the 3D channel but not the sports or movie programs.

Previously it was suggested there was an extra cost as you had to be upgraded to Entertainment Extra+ with HD channel. WAs worded as Entertainment Extra +HD channel, which just added to the confusion lol
I will be getting a new TV in a month or so when i move and when i do ill be getting a 3D TV and cant wait to watch Sky 3D
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 20:55   #408
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Hannibal, Season 1 - Sky Living - May 2nd 9:00pm
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 18:59   #409
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Oliver Stones:The Untold History of the United States

Friday 9pm Sky Atlantic HD

Quote:
The Untold History of the United States is a ten episode one hour series will explore key moments in US history, from the reasons behind the Cold War, U.S. President Harry Truman's decision to drop the atomic bomb on Japan, and changes in America's global role since the fall of Communism. The series will look beyond the headline events to the deeper causes and implications; exploring how events from the past still have resonant themes for the present day.
http://skyatlantic.sky.com/oliver-st...o-sky-atlantic
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 19:15   #410
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

looks good
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 19:23   #411
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Got it set to record already. I'm also currently enjoying The Men Who Built America on the History Channel. The first 3 episodes are on catch up in HD. Really well made documentary, with high production costs.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 19:32   #412
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Got it set to record already. I'm also currently enjoying The Men Who Built America on the History Channel. The first 3 episodes are on catch up in HD. Really well made documentary, with high production costs.
yes, i'm enjoying men who built america too
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 06:40   #413
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Thanks for mentioning that Chad, I've heard a lot of great things about it when it was airing in America but I had since forgotten about it.

I've just grabbed the first 4 episodes from On Demand in HD and set up a series link for the rest. Looking forward to watching it!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 13:51   #414
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
yes, i'm enjoying men who built america too
Me too
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 22:38   #415
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

There seems to be a few kindred spirits here in terms of the type of programming we enjoy.

Whilst this is not coming soon to SKY I am currently enjoying a show by the National Geographic channel in America. This will especially appeal to those who love American culture, nostalgia and grew up through the 80's.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...-that-made-us/

Can be easily found via the usual torrent sites, if you don't mind that sort of thing.
Old 19-04-2013, 15:29   #416
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
There seems to be a few kindred spirits here in terms of the type of programming we enjoy.

Whilst this is not coming soon to SKY I am currently enjoying a show by the National Geographic channel in America. This will especially appeal to those who love American culture, nostalgia and grew up through the 80's.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...-that-made-us/

Can be easily found via the usual torrent sites, if you don't mind that sort of thing.
I have a few eps and am looking forward to viewing them when I have time.
Old 19-04-2013, 21:56   #417
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I have a few eps and am looking forward to viewing them when I have time.
I think there are 6 in total. I'm just about to watch episode 5. Not exactly highbrow entertainment but I am finding them very enjoyable. Episode 4 featured the Wall Street boom, yuppies and corruption. Plenty of greed in the 80's. Makes the likes of BT and SKY today look like amateurs
Old 20-04-2013, 16:45   #418
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Quote:
I think there are 6 in total. I'm just about to watch episode 5. Not exactly highbrow entertainment but I am finding them very enjoyable. Episode 4 featured the Wall Street boom, yuppies and corruption. Plenty of greed in the 80's. Makes the likes of BT and SKY today look like amateurs
Ah! Thanks. Seems I got them all then
Old 20-04-2013, 19:25   #419
Chad
cf.mega poster

A new 4 part series starts tonight on BBC 2. The United States of Television. It's a look at the history of primetime TV in America. It could be interesting.
Old 20-04-2013, 23:48   #420
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Any news on mad dogs?
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote