Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New England Manager

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New England Manager

Old 10-05-2006, 21:43   #91
Orior
Permanently Banned

Orior has reached the bronze age
Orior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze age
Re: New England Manager

So McLaren is off to manage New England? I hope the Patriots have more success than McLaren has had with soccer teams. He obviously knows more about American Football than soccer. Ejit.

Anyway, I trust the press will dig the dirt and have him hounded out before he can say "Midddddlesborrrrrroughhhhhh"
Orior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2006, 21:53   #92
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orior
So McLaren is off to manage New England? I hope the Patriots have more success than McLaren has had with soccer teams. He obviously knows more about American Football than soccer. Ejit.

Anyway, I trust the press will dig the dirt and have him hounded out before he can say "Midddddlesborrrrrroughhhhhh"
Well if he thinks the performance of Middlesbrough was good tonight then all I can say is he'll do fine as an England manager.

He cant manage a team that could and should have won that final, he's got no chance against the worlds elite.
He's been a manager for 5 years and makes the grade to national team manager????? Nahhhh somehting odd there.
I appreciate everything the guy has done for the Boro, even the millions in compensation he netted us, but he's not a great manager.....just the best we (the boro) have ever had.
Old 10-05-2006, 22:06   #93
Shabba

Services: A brew when i shout downstairs

I only caught the last 20 or so minutes of the match and saw Boro inept (sorry timewarrior) at the back, lacking in any passes from true midfielders (unless you count "hoofing" the ball forward) and saw no real attacking prowess.

Boro do have the capabilties to win matches, but just not on a big scale with Mac.

God help England
Old 10-05-2006, 22:08   #94
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba
I only caught the last 20 or so minutes of the match and saw Boro inept (sorry timewarrior) at the back, lacking in any passes from true midfielders (unless you count "hoofing" the ball forward) and saw no real attacking prowess.

Boro do have the capabilties to win matches, but just not on a big scale with Mac.

God help England
No apologies needed, Dont get me wrong I am being harsh on him. That game was for the taking by the Boro, he messed the management up.

I do think he will achieve things with England, but it depends on who assists him too.

Still 5 years as a manager and he wins the first Major trophy for a club that had won none in 120 years is an achievement in itself.

Yes he spent money, not as much as Robbo I dont think, and he has put together a great squad, but tonight was utter ********.
Old 10-05-2006, 22:18   #95
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orior

3 out of the last 5 superbowls, I doubt they need him.

When boro were beaten 4-0 by villa McClaren was 150/1 to be England manager. They then went on a good run and McClaren was the saviour, now the bubble has burst.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote