Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2012, 18:52   #301
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That was before the analogue cable switch off.
Actually its a "message" VM still put out including the ceo.
Old 18-04-2012, 19:21   #302
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
VM have done the right thing, but why the delay in anouncing it?
What makes you think there was a delay?
Old 18-04-2012, 19:25   #303
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
That's his style.
Huh? I'm not the grumpy one I was the one complaining about other people complaining about lack of these linear Olympics channels
Old 18-04-2012, 19:25   #304
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
What makes you think there was a delay?
Perhaps SP you can enlighten us all.
Old 18-04-2012, 20:39   #305
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There is a easy explanation for this. Most people find it easier to countdown fron 100
Old 18-04-2012, 20:41   #306
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
There is a easy explanation for this. Most people find it easier to countdown fron 100
Old 18-04-2012, 21:42   #307
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
It's interesting that they have the bandwidth for all these Olympic channels yet, at all other times, they don't have the capacity according to them (VM).....
Maybe this is why we haven't seen any new HD channels for a while. Perhaps we can expect a wave of HD channel additions after the Olympics? Can't say I'm too interested in the Olympics myself, though a British football team will be interesting. Still coverage sounds great for those who will be glued to the Olympics.
Old 18-04-2012, 22:38   #308
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Let's hope this draws a line under the "no capacity" argument in future.
Old 18-04-2012, 23:06   #309
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Let's hope this draws a line under the "no capacity" argument in future.
Indeed, but vm still peddle this line which I find incredibly irritating.

I actually spoke to Berkett 5 weeks ago and he still maintained this was the reason for lack of channels, although when pressed he did add that vm are "selective" in what they choose and "why don't vm have the same amount of channels as sky" was a common question he was asked, he said.

They don't have the channels because they don't want to pay for them. Simple as that.
Old 19-04-2012, 05:04   #310
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps SP was referring to $ky announcing their Olympic pact with Eurosport on April 5th which was only 13 days before Virgin made yesterdays announcement,

I must admit,I was fearing the worse that there would be no Eurosport 3D. I ought to take a leaf out of your book Den and be more positive/optomistic
Old 19-04-2012, 07:50   #311
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It is believed that Canis Media have been appointed to sell the Sky EPG slot for PSB.

It is likely that it will also be removed from VM.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:44   #312
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It is believed that Canis Media have been appointed to sell the Sky EPG slot for PSB.

It is likely that it will also be removed from VM.
I take it your referring to this
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...85&postcount=6
Old 19-04-2012, 09:23   #313
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Yes, sounds like the same rumour that I was told last night. I can't name the source, so deliberately phrased the info loosely, as I am unable to verify it.

I don't believe the DS poster is correct though about his idea that it may just be a change of genre, as this would not free up a SD EPG slot.

I guess it is coming off VM as there wouldn't be enough viewers without the satellite viewers.

Is it FTA on Sky? If so, is it on Freesat?

If it is a pay channel, I suppose they won't stay on VM for similar reasons to Current TV.
Old 19-04-2012, 10:24   #314
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Thats very good news and the type we have not heard for some time

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Now that the BBC is providing 48 channels for the Olympics, will this set a presedent for future sporting events, like future Olympics or even Football?
Old 19-04-2012, 10:27   #315
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Now that the BBC is providing 48 channels for the Olympics, will this set a presedent for future sporting events, like future Olympics or even Football?
I have a feeling this is very much a one off from the BBC due to the high profile nature of the event (and some cash from Sky possibly)