Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky's broadband is shocking

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky's broadband is shocking

Old 05-03-2012, 17:00   #16
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky's broadband is shocking

My ISP is not better than yours...
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2012, 17:33   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

My ISP is better than yours.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
And the same can be said for most ISP's, some people get good service, and some get terrible service.
Yet there are some ISPs that score consistently worse than others on nearly everything.

VM is one of them.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 00:57   #18
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am only up here for a couple of weeks so its my parents who l worried about and the first thing is their broadband is Sky Broadband Connect and secondly they live about 8 miles from the exchange and thats all l know as l am not a expert in this field..

And here is a speed test below.
Ah, as already mentioned by various people, Connect is widely thought to be utter crap. It does not make use of Sky's network & is just a re-sold BTWholesale service, plus is subject to traffic management by Sky (unlike the unlimited and unmanaged LLU services).

It is a world apart from true Sky Broadband.

Also doesn't help that they live so far from the exchange... even if they did have true Sky Broadband, or just any other ISP other than Connect, the speed wouldn't be great.

Still, as I asked before:

How is the router connected? Master or extension?

Have you tried the test socket?

What are the router stats?

Have a look at these...

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/view-routerstats.html

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/view-master.html

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/route...explained.html
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 21:20   #19
DerekRothwell
Inactive

Services: Sky BB at almost dial-up speeds Crap TV (no iplayers) Average phone (unlimited) and all this for
DerekRothwell is on a distinguished roadDerekRothwell is on a distinguished road

After almost 16 years with NTL/Virgin, I can vouch for the differences between sky and Virgin - Sky is sh*te in all areas! I just wish I'd bought a house in a cabled area.
DerekRothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 21:55   #20
Vicki
Permanently Banned

Vicki can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRothwell View Post
After almost 16 years with NTL/Virgin, I can vouch for the differences between sky and Virgin - Sky is sh*te in all areas! I just wish I'd bought a house in a cabled area.
Cancel with Sky then, simple.
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:38   #21
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Seems the best way forward if unhappy...just watch BBc and ITV.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22   #22
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRothwell View Post
if u think sky internet is sht u should try bt internet! thats alot worse!!

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
if u think sky internet is sht u should try bt internet! thats alot worse!!
i remember the days i had telewest cable in thonton heath,i had the internet then,that was total crap!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11   #23
colin25
Inactive

I remember no internet...now that was dire
Old 16-03-2012, 20:23   #24
DerekRothwell
Inactive

Services: Sky BB at almost dial-up speeds Crap TV (no iplayers) Average phone (unlimited) and all this for
DerekRothwell is on a distinguished roadDerekRothwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I will be doing as soon as my 12 month contract expires..
DerekRothwell is offline   Reply With Quote