Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 10-12-2016, 20:14   #2251
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
spiderplant, sorry to be a pain one more question please, do you mean a Ethernet cable from my old Tivo or to V6.
From old TiVo to SuperHub. The V6 will have already a connection to the SuperHub (could be Ethernet, Wifi or Powerline, depending on how the installer set it up)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2016, 20:37   #2252
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
From old TiVo to SuperHub. The V6 will have already a connection to the SuperHub (could be Ethernet, Wifi or Powerline, depending on how the installer set it up)
Thanks a lot for that spiderplant, thanks for everyones help, ill wait for things to quite down be for i order, good luck to everyone getting one soon.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 21:36   #2253
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Its just a shame we can download to tablet but with restrictions there are not many channels allowed to download from
How do people here feel bout not being able to download the majority of shows to tablets
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 21:46   #2254
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
How do people here feel bout not being able to download the majority of shows to tablets
I couldn't care less. I see no need for this function for me or my family.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 22:56   #2255
paulg
Inactive

paulg is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgive me for not wading through 151 pages of this just in case this has already been answered. But I understand that one shouldn't lose one's existing recordings when one switches from old TiVo to new V6. But how does this work? Do they just shove the old (and perhaps tired) hard drive - which in my case has about 800 Mb of recordings - into the new box? Or do they have some incredibly fast copying device? Because it would normally take a long time to transfer this much data. Help would be appreciated.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:14   #2256
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I couldn't care less. I see no need for this function for me or my family.

+1 for me but I suspect it will be a desirable feature for others. This why it would help if we knew what channels Sky Q can do. If they have the same channels restricted (excluding Sky channels), then we know it is a content provider restriction

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Forgive me for not wading through 151 pages of this just in case this has already been answered. But I understand that one shouldn't lose one's existing recordings when one switches from old TiVo to new V6. But how does this work? Do they just shove the old (and perhaps tired) hard drive - which in my case has about 800 Mb of recordings - into the new box? Or do they have some incredibly fast copying device? Because it would normally take a long time to transfer this much data. Help would be appreciated.

With a straight swop, you will lose your recordings. You should be able to transfer series link and Whishlist settings to the V6
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:47   #2257
OhReally

Quote:
Personally, I don't care, why would you watch on a tiny 7 or 10 inch screen with a 42 incher sitting in the corner.

But seeing as they are touting this as part of the "biggest revolution in tv history", shows what a hollow pointless claim that it is. Especially as apparently according to earlier posts you can't even stream anything you like from V6 to V6 (or did I misread that?)

If you can't view ANY recording on another device then what's the point?
Old 11-12-2016, 00:39   #2258
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Personally, I don't care, why would you watch on a tiny 7 or 10 inch screen with a 42 incher sitting in the corner.

But seeing as they are touting this as part of the "biggest revolution in tv history", shows what a hollow pointless claim that it is. Especially as apparently according to earlier posts you can't even stream anything you like from V6 to V6 (or did I misread that?)

If you can't view ANY recording on another device then what's the point?
Hi you can stream recordings from v6 to v6 via wifi no issues
Old 11-12-2016, 09:51   #2259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I prefer watching TV on a big screen. I'm not so addicted that I need to carry my programmes around on a tablet as well.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:58   #2260
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Unless you plan to keep your old TiVo as a second box in your home, you will lose your old recordings, all 800Gb of them.
If you have a V6 and your old TiVo is connected (i.e. wired) to the same network then you can stream your old recordings to the V6.
Virgin Media will not copy old recordings to a new box - whether they could or not I have no idea, but any statements that old recordings are retained is not true.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:10   #2261
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I prefer watching TV on a big screen. I'm not so addicted that I need to carry my programmes around on a tablet as well.
But then Virgin Media aren't just catering for you are they ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:32   #2262
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree totally and how is a few channels ground breaking
Old 11-12-2016, 10:48   #2263
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You do realise that whilst the Sky Q app allows streaming of all channels in the home to mobile/tablet devices it does not allow downloading of recordings from every channel , rights restrictions apply to Sky just the same as VM.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:55   #2264
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
In time more channels and programmes will be allowed. TV Anywhere was more restricted when it started, but over time more was added.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:11   #2265
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
We don't download to tablets so it will make diddly squat difference.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Indeed TV providers would be pretty foolish if they just catered for a certain section of their TV customer base.