Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 05-09-2015, 04:18   #226
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
re: Virgin Media 70, 100 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
5:2 is actually about right - people seem to start losing upstream when their downstream drops below ~60Mb so it seems to be around a 3:1 ratio.

Looking at the stats I have recorded across my lines past and present:
<snip>
yes, generally speaking if someone manages 80 they always have 20mbit up, but lines in the 60s often have 20+ also, so hence me guessing 25 would easily be 10% of lines.

My current attainable sync is 72279/30528. Funny my actual DS sync is exactly same as the attainable.

When my line needed a pair swap and the downstream sync fell to below 50mbit, the upstream was still over 20.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2015, 12:36   #227
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Lucky you. In Edinburgh I had about 10 brownouts a year and at least 10 2+ hour cuts over 10 years.
We get quite a few brown outs as well, enough to kick in the UPS, which in turn emails me to let me know!. They mostly only last under a minute.
adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 16:06   #228
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Wasn't sure where to put this so i will dump it here!

VM trialing 4 upstreams?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...ttings-ok.html
Old 06-09-2015, 01:52   #229
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this so i will dump it here!

VM trialing 4 upstreams?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...ttings-ok.html
what speeds can 4 produce? o.0
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:50   #230
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
what speeds can 4 produce? o.0
122.8Mbps with overheads or 108Mbps usable (max channel width and QAM)
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:40   #231
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignitionnet View Post
https://youtu.be/hzingd6gxjw

is why cable companies aren't overbuilding their hfc with fttp.
is that you???

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adduxi View Post
We get quite a few brown outs as well, enough to kick in the UPS, which in turn emails me to let me know!. They mostly only last under a minute.
Yup, same. And if I'm at the computer my speakers buzz and the lights dim.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:13   #232
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
is that you???[
Haha no. My job is at most very distantly related to such things.

I work for a vendor of enterprise hardware, not ISP. Haven't worked in service provider space since 2007.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 13:06   #233
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Haha no. My job is at most very distantly related to such things.

I work for a vendor of enterprise hardware, not ISP. Haven't worked in service provider space since 2007.
Heh. I was kidding. Somehow the accent reminded me of you though. 'Dacksys'
Old 06-09-2015, 13:43   #234
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Not sure if this has been posted or not?

More information on new Virgin Media ultrafast products

Quote:
the 300 Mbps product will feature a 20 Mbps upload, and the 200 Mbps service a 12 Mbps upload
Old 06-09-2015, 18:11   #235
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

I am welcoming as 12Mb upload for free
Old 06-09-2015, 18:22   #236
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

sky have decided to label 50mbit speeds as ultrafast, shame on them.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 18:30   #237
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
I am welcoming as 12Mb upload for free
ditto for 20mbits upload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
yeah, bit of a shame considering I was on that 5 years ago
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:44   #238
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Why is that a bad thing? Terminology aside I thought anything above 30Mbps was classed as "next-gen", "superfast" or "ultrafast" be damned.
Old 07-09-2015, 13:10   #239
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Current Package: 50Mbps [3Mbps Upload]
New Speed: 100Mbps (6Mbps Upload)

Current Package: 100Mbps [6Mbps Upload]
New Speed: 200Mbps (9Mbps Upload)

Current Package: 152Mbps [12Mbps Upload]
New Speed: 300Mbps (15Mbps Upload)
As subsequently reported, these upload speeds have turned out to be false. The 100Mbps details have not been confirmed but the other figures are 200/12 and 300/20.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7...-products.html
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 13:54   #240
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

try GTA V thats around 70gb download
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote