Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2011, 19:32   #4876
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekboy View Post
Not a brief but on the latest tivo update they are doing away with the need for pin on recordings, can order live events and some other bug fixes and tweaks still no reminders
Any news on when the update will be released?
Advertisement
Old 16-09-2011, 19:34   #4877
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Hmmmm
Old 16-09-2011, 19:36   #4878
meekboy
Inactive

Services: TV:XL sports and movies HD v+x2 1xTivo 1tb 100 meg bb talk unlimited
meekboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant rember for the life on me exactly when. before the end of the year definitely not back in work til monday so I cant give a more definitive answer til then.
Old 16-09-2011, 19:37   #4879
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Not a brief but on the latest tivo update they are doing away with the need for pin on recordings, can order live events and some other bug fixes and tweaks still no reminders
They are planning to add reminders l hope.
Old 16-09-2011, 19:43   #4880
meekboy
Inactive

hopefuly I miss them too
Old 16-09-2011, 20:14   #4881
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Reminders rock!!
Old 16-09-2011, 20:21   #4882
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I cant rember for the life on me exactly when. before the end of the year definitely not back in work til monday so I cant give a more definitive answer til then.
Wasn't it meant to be a date in October? I'm sure I read that a big update was happening then for the TIVO box.
Old 16-09-2011, 20:26   #4883
meekboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Wasn't it meant to be a date in October? I'm sure I read that a big update was happening then for the TIVO box.
In my head im sure its october but I dont want to commit just incase I am wrong
Old 16-09-2011, 21:22   #4884
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I think people may not want to pin their hopes on October as a a major bug could be found at anytime. Heck in the US they had to roll back the multi room viewing when so many people had issues with it a few months ago.
Old 16-09-2011, 21:25   #4885
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

You fill us with great hope.
Old 16-09-2011, 21:50   #4886
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You fill us with great hope.
Welcome to the world of software development and testing.
Old 17-09-2011, 07:05   #4887
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Welcome to the world of software development and testing.
Yes l know there can be unexpected problems that can arise and us customers just have to be a bit more patient before its rolled out.
Old 17-09-2011, 13:52   #4888
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
I can confirm that the american style remote control with the slide out QWERTY keyboard, will launch before the end of this year.
The remotes will automatically be sent out to all TiVo customers at no cost.
Holy crap, that is great! If they can up the speed of the software and get the remote out at the same time I will be in heaven!
Old 17-09-2011, 13:59   #4889
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Holy crap, that is great! If they can up the speed of the software and get the remote out at the same time I will be in heaven!
Yes Tivo heaven.
Old 17-09-2011, 15:22   #4890
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
I can confirm that the american style remote control with the slide out QWERTY keyboard, will launch before the end of this year.
The remotes will automatically be sent out to all TiVo customers at no cost.
I will believe that when I see it