Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:49   #3436
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I had three recordings scheduled tonight but I asked my TiVo not to change channel as I was watching football. Am I right in thinking that TiVo will automatically find the cancelled program & record a different showing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
I dont think it will as you cancelled it.

If you don't let Tivo change the channel (which it will do if you either let it or don't answer the question when asked!) then it will find the next-available episode. It's only if you explicitly delete the episode - say from "upcoming recordings" yourself that Tivo will assume you really don't want it recording at all.

If you see what I mean?
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2011, 09:48   #3437
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
If you don't let Tivo change the channel (which it will do if you either let it or don't answer the question when asked!) then it will find the next-available episode. It's only if you explicitly delete the episode - say from "upcoming recordings" yourself that Tivo will assume you really don't want it recording at all.

If you see what I mean?
Yep, this is correct. TiVo handles this like it is clash.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:15   #3438
richardc1983
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo XL & V+, 30MB Cable Broadband & Phone
richardc1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our services are going to be down till tmrw! What a joke this is, no tv or bb!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:26   #3439
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Yes because no service should ever go faulty, should it?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:34   #3440
richardc1983
Inactive

Yh but the whole area down for two days! I'm annoyed with myself for removing the sky cables and box when I am in contract till tmrw!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36   #3441
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc1983 View Post
Our services are going to be down till tmrw! What a joke this is, no tv or bb!
What have you been told? Have you been given a reference number for the fault?

I'm not in work, but another staffer may be able to look the reference up.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:52   #3442
richardc1983
Inactive

Hi digital fanatic:

This is all that's been said think they just read off of the status page:

Date Issue raised:May 03 2011, 21:24
Estimated repair time:May 05 2011, 09:20
Fault reference:F001593420

Any info much appreciated.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:21   #3443
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone noticed the 'Live and Lost' thing in the Discovery bar. Links directly into a clip on YouTube as far as I can see
Old 04-05-2011, 12:44   #3444
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Anyone noticed the 'Live and Lost' thing in the Discovery bar. Links directly into a clip on YouTube as far as I can see
Not seing 'Live and Lost' here.
Old 04-05-2011, 13:22   #3445
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yep. Got it here. Though I had to read about it on a forum to actually notice it
Old 04-05-2011, 13:24   #3446
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

All Tivo-ed up here : installation took about 40 mins including the engineer having to ring CS to get them to switch my account from the V+ to Tivo. His eyes nearly fell out of his head when he saw my old SA V+ - one of the silver jobs with TV Drive on it. All working okay and setting up Harmony 525 to control it was a doddle. Now downloading data like crazy. First impressions re SD picture quality - as good as V+.

Old 04-05-2011, 13:29   #3447
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

The picture on Sky sports 3 now on the pool is shockingly poor!!

EDIT: Checked it upstairs on Samsung V+ HD box just as bad really, maybe slightly better....
Old 04-05-2011, 13:40   #3448
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc1983 View Post
Hi digital fanatic:

This is all that's been said think they just read off of the status page:

Date Issue raised:May 03 2011, 21:24
Estimated repair time:May 05 2011, 09:20
Fault reference:F001593420

Any info much appreciated.
The ticket says it has been fixed now. Can you confirm your service is back?
Old 04-05-2011, 14:25   #3449
friely
Inactive

Services: Finally a working Tivo
friely is an unknown quantity at this point

The tivo tv guide has the Discoverychannel listing showing world war II from 3pm for the rest of the day which is wrong and tomorrow is wrong also
Old 04-05-2011, 15:12   #3450
StickS81
Inactive

StickS81 is on a distinguished roadStickS81 is on a distinguished road

Had my Tivo installed yesterday afternoon. took about an hour and most of that was trying to find the code for my TV.

Quick question, I know it can take at least 48 hours to download everything. It started doing this and the guide started updating. Come home from work and the guide has only has info up to about 22:00 tonight. I'm sure it had got this far last night. I checked the network status and it says 'Connection in progress, get status', click ok, and everything says finished other than the last item 'Loading info 99%'.

Is that right? I take its its still doing the initial download as there is no 'last attempt, status, success. Just thought you would see it update more, and add more days as it loaded them.
Closed Thread