Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 05-10-2008, 17:54   #511
allanprg
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Superhub 30mb, Digital tv & phone
allanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really nice
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
After finally getting hold of 2010 and 2061 (stil looking for 3001) in audiobook format I am now starting on 2010

Yes i have all of Arthur C Clarke SF books. Including 3001. Which i'm reading right now again.All in hard back.
allanprg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2008, 19:44   #512
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
I've just started re-reading the entire eighteen book collection of American crime writer Micheal Connolly, his fictitious LAPD detective Hieronymus Boshe aka Harry, is a modern day version of those fifties detectives like Sam Spade, a truly brilliant collection for any crime fans.

Ah, good stuff!

I've read almost all of the Harry Bosch books, & some non-Bosch ones.

Great books.

I'd also recommend the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child, & the Charlie Parker books by John Connolly. Oh, & the "Prey" books with Lucas Davenport by John Sandford.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 14:55   #513
jennyhicks
Inactive

jennyhicks is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm reading the new Danny Wallace book "Friends Like These". It is so funny and I reccommend it anyone that is about to turn 30!
jennyhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 00:34   #514
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Ah, good stuff!

I've read almost all of the Harry Bosch books, & some non-Bosch ones.

Great books.

I'd also recommend the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child, & the Charlie Parker books by John Connolly. Oh, & the "Prey" books with Lucas Davenport by John Sandford.
Thanks for the heads up Matt, I'll keep a look out for John Connolly and John Sandford, as far as Lee Child goes I've already fallen under the spell of that great lone drifter Jack Reacher, a superb creation by the author.
But I hadn't checked to see if he'd any new books out...and bingo he has, the last one I read was "The Hard Way", when Jack finally comes to England and ultimately ends up dispensing his own form of justice at a remote farmhouse, great stuff.
Lee Child now has the 11th and 12th Reacher novels out, the 11th "Bad Luck and Trouble" is available in paperback and the 12th "Nothing to Lose" is in hardback.

A big thanks for jogging my memory about Big Jack.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:23   #515
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell

Old 08-10-2008, 10:13   #516
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 14:56   #517
smeagoly1
Inactive

Services: Bugger all now apart from 8meg ADSL and only 2 meg at best!!!! I want my 20meg cable back!
smeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nice

Centurion by Simon Scarow One of a great series of books. Macro you just have to love that character.

Sort of roman centurion guy that comes out with the saying "look cato, at my new girlfriend, then slaps her on the bum.....her name is Bodacea " you just so want to say "DOH!"

Just finished reading for the umpteenth time "ringworld" and "ringworld engineers" excellent sci-fi deom Lary Niven. If your into top quality sci-fi all his books are a must.
smeagoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 23:09   #518
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Having been very dissapointed by 3001 I am now working my way through Mars, Return to Mars and Mars Life by Ben Bova
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 23:13   #519
whydoIneedatech

Contest by Matthew Reilly, author of the Scarecrow series
Old 28-10-2008, 23:24   #520
Help!!!
Inactive

Help!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of light

One Blood-John Heale Its about modern street gangs in the UK, good book!!
Help!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 23:30   #521
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Oh, I forgot to say I thought 2010 was a better book thatn 2001... 2061 I thought was just ok but 3001 will make a good set of coasters
Old 29-10-2008, 09:34   #522
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

i'm reading Pacific Vortex by Clive Cussler the first Dirk Pitt book he wrote.

Not very high brow literature but a great read and nice to read something without having to think too much for a change

Just finished Conquest of Peru by Pedro Cieza de Leon a very good book and onlt just available in English
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 23:43   #523
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I just got all of Micheal Palin's travel books on audio cd from the library so I'm working my way through them now

Thankfully one of the perks I get is that I get them out far longer than normal

Just as well really they do seem quite long.
Old 05-11-2008, 23:45   #524
whydoIneedatech

Old 05-11-2008, 23:46   #525
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

No Country for Old Men - Cormac McCarthy

Very good book and it is good to see that the film kept mostly to the book.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote