Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Blasted EPG errors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix warning.

Old 20-11-2016, 11:41   #1
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of
Netflix warning.

On friday last I received an email from Netflix informing me that they had changed the email address on my account as I had instructed. I then received a second email to say that they had changed my account passsword as I had instructed. I had NOT requested any changes. I discovered that my Netflix was now unusable.
I telephoned Netflix support immediatly and discovered that someone in Morroco had taken control of my Netflix account. With help from support I had to reset all the details on my account. This was not easy due to the fact that the culprit had changed the account language from english to arabic resulting in all the recovery instructions emailed from Netflix being in arabic.
It is a concern that no alarm bells were rung when they got a request to change my email address and my password, the language was then changed to arabic and from then on the account activity shows usage by someone living in Morocco.
As a precaution I have also cancelled the credit card associated with the acccount.
An unerving experience to say the least.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2016, 11:59   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix warning.

I'd change the password on your email account too.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 12:27   #3
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Happened to me too but with my microsoft account there are a lot of scumbags out there as pip said change password on email account too, what i do these days is use a seperate bank account for payments to microsoft, wuaki etc so i transfer money from my main account to what i call my pay for services account as and when needed. Many banks offer a basic account with no overdraft but you do get a cebit card, these are ideal to use to pay for goods.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 13:45   #4
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Happened to me too but with my microsoft account there are a lot of scumbags out there as pip said change password on email account too, what i do these days is use a seperate bank account for payments to microsoft, wuaki etc so i transfer money from my main account to what i call my pay for services account as and when needed. Many banks offer a basic account with no overdraft but you do get a cebit card, these are ideal to use to pay for goods.
That sounds like a good idea. I must investigate further. Thanks!
Old 20-11-2016, 14:25   #5
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
That sounds like a good idea. I must investigate further. Thanks!
I opened a basic account with TSB they send a visa debit, when my monthly subs are due or i purchase from Amazon etc i simply transfer money from my Barclays account which where my income goes into, to my TSB account the money is normally there instantly.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 15:03   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I opened a basic account with TSB they send a visa debit, when my monthly subs are due or i purchase from Amazon etc i simply transfer money from my Barclays account which where my income goes into, to my TSB account the money is normally there instantly.
That's the best way to do it and remain in full control of your money.
Old 20-11-2016, 16:33   #7
fixerman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I'd change the password on your email account too.
Thanks! I've done it.
Old 20-11-2016, 17:23   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Thanks! I've done it.
Better safe than sorry.
Old 20-11-2016, 20:34   #9
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

NEVER EVER click on any links or goto any website you are told too.

Many years ago I got a email from my "Bank" telling me some story and telling me to change passwords.

The link appeared to be my banks www, but when I hovered over it and it added Bank between the www & banks name, I clicked on the link (silly I know) and again it looked exactly like my banks website

I didn't proceed and posted a warning here, but within an hour the site was gone.

I did a full system AV & malware scan, and nothing was found.
Old 21-11-2016, 10:44   #10
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

If you view/preview mails in plain text you can see the links for what they are and banks will normally NEVER send links in emails. Some banks also don't prompt for the whole login details but for 3 characters or so, maybe from 2 pieces of information. My bank won't let you login from a new device without a code sent to a mobile number registered. A real pain for me as I don't have a mobile, had to use wife's number. Once on you then need your card, a reader and a PIN to make any changes to payments and other items.