Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Question time - demise of

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Question time - demise of

Old 20-03-2014, 22:50   #1
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Services: virgin internet / sky TV
spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all
Question time - demise of

I used to sometimes enjoy watching question time

but now it has been completely dumbed down and that bloke Dimbleby is completely incompetent as a proper 'chair'

I think the show went 'over the shark' when he (Dimbleby) joined in with the other panel members rounding on Nick Griffin and stopping him from saying anything
spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2014, 22:57   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: question time - demise of

Course you do.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 09:25   #3
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

If it was dumbed down it was merely to ensure it represents the country better.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 10:00   #4
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Must admit I don't watch it much in the interests of keeping my blood pressure down. Sadly the last few times I've seen any of it I've felt Dimbleby has acted as if he's chairing his very own C4 comedy panel show.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 14:49   #5
spreadsheet
cf.geek

spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
If it was dumbed down it was merely to ensure it represents the country better.
representing the country equating to silencing people then I guess
Old 21-03-2014, 14:53   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Well, when your political base consists of two borough councillors and one MEP, you're not going have a very loud voice, are you?
Old 21-03-2014, 14:56   #7
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, when your political base consists of two borough councillors and one MEP, you're not going have a very loud voice, are you?
I don't see what you mean by that
Old 21-03-2014, 15:02   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

I was referring to the BNP....
Old 21-03-2014, 15:32   #9
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I was referring to the BNP....
but that's not the point I was making

all I was saying is that Dimbleby was supposed to be chairing the meeting.
whether he you or anyone agree with what is being said by one of the speakers
doesn't come into the idea of stopping them from saying stuff

you may as well not have them on the show

and if you pursue actions in that direction than that is censorship also
Old 24-03-2014, 21:12   #10
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough
Re: Question time - demise of

i agree as mr dimbely is supposed to introduce the arguments for and against and stay neutral
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 10:33   #11
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Question time - demise of

Problem with so many of these programmes is that people watch it to see a barney not to hear what individuals on the show think (and most individuals just trot out party lines anyway). Not much of a programme is all the participants agree.