Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is virgin mobile tied in with all the other services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is virgin mobile tied in with all the other services

Old 15-12-2008, 17:09   #1
ontheball
Inactive

ontheball is an unknown quantity at this point
Is virgin mobile tied in with all the other services

Im an existing customer with broadband, tele and fixed phone. Im wondering what the procedure is for getting on a virgin mobile plan.
ontheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2008, 13:22   #2
ontheball
Inactive

Re: Is virgin mobile tied in with all the other services

As I thought seems not. Just phoned up and its not as simple as adding say broadband or tv to your services. Have to go through a credit check even though im already a customer with 3 services.
Old 16-12-2008, 14:05   #3
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheball View Post
As I thought seems not. Just phoned up and its not as simple as adding say broadband or tv to your services. Have to go through a credit check even though im already a customer with 3 services.
Same name but classed as a separate companies with no direct links to each other.
Old 16-12-2008, 14:29   #4
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

As a Virgin Media customer you get better tariffs: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html.../existing.html
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 14:42   #5
ontheball
Inactive

Its really annoying. Im likely to fail the credit check meaning i cant get a mobile for 10 pound a month but yet can quite easily add 50mb broadband to my package for 51 pound a month.
Old 16-12-2008, 22:55   #6
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Yes I also failed the Virgin Mobile credit check, too bad for them I just went next door and 3 were happy to take my money
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 10:56   #7
ontheball
Inactive

Yep failed just got an email. Think ill try 3.
Old 13-01-2009, 20:27   #8
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point

i would phone the call centre. if you fail the credit check you may well get offered the same deal on payg - even better in my opinion
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 21:42   #9
SamW
Inactive

SamW is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlea View Post
i would phone the call centre. if you fail the credit check you may well get offered the same deal on payg - even better in my opinion
The credit checks at Virgin are silly, shouldn't really be there for such low payments.
SamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 22:02   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamW View Post
The credit checks at Virgin are silly, shouldn't really be there for such low payments.
Very easy to run up large bills for the telephone or Pay-Per-View.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 22:38   #11
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamW View Post
hmm, can't believe u honestly think that. I mean come on - you sign up for a pay monthly deal, you pay by direct debit & the company provides you with credit. What company would not do a credit check?

you'd be amazed at how many ppl who have passed credit score run into problems - there would be a lot more if there was no credit check. sometimes if customer has been roaming charges could mount up to thousands of pounds. I have seen one person who mismanaged his mobile when abroad & he ran up a bill of £4500.

at the end of the day, in order to have direct debit set up, virgin have to provide the customer with credit. they would be stupid to provide credit without checking first to see if it is save to provide that credit. They would soon be out of business.

As well as checking if potential customer has a good credit score, the credit check also checks ID is a genuine ID. If there was no credit check then fraudsters could open up as many accounts as they wanted with the company providing them credit. Organised crime would be quick to take advantage, they already account for massive frauds with all mobile companies. Virgin would be out of business within 6 months.

FYI, a few simliar companies which do credit checks
Sky
O2
Orange
Vodaphone
T Mobile
BT

Basically any company which provides the customer with credit.
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 07:39   #12
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: tn requin

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd353 View Post
spam
Reported

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 08:11   #13
100meg
Inactive

100meg is an unknown quantity at this point

credit check cant be that efficient.

as I owe over 60 grand to various banks and my credit files littered with defaults and they give me a contract phone with out batting an eyelid from virgin
100meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 08:55   #14
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100meg View Post
credit check cant be that efficient.

as I owe over 60 grand to various banks and my credit files littered with defaults and they give me a contract phone with out batting an eyelid from virgin
Incorrect details given during credit scoring ??

At the moment Virgin mobile is a seperate entity with a seperate billing system and credit scoring setup, but all new cable and mboile customers are now subject to the same scoring system to prevent these issues in future. If you sign up to cable services then your credit score is used for Mobile services and vice versa. One small step to improving the service IMO.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 17:54   #15
100meg
Inactive

100meg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Incorrect details given during credit scoring ??

At the moment Virgin mobile is a seperate entity with a seperate billing system and credit scoring setup, but all new cable and mboile customers are now subject to the same scoring system to prevent these issues in future. If you sign up to cable services then your credit score is used for Mobile services and vice versa. One small step to improving the service IMO.
nope right details
100meg is offline   Reply With Quote