Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile offers!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile offers!

Old 15-03-2009, 13:20   #1
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads
Virgin Mobile offers!

I saw the Samsung Tocco: http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewP...A-200EDBFE6FAA

on the £18 a month tarriff, the phone is free, AND if you buy before 31st March, you also get 3 months free, ie £54 back.

This works out to be £15 a month for the 18 months! The phone brand new on ebay is around £150 the cheapest! So you are paying £15 * 18 = £270

£270 - 150 [phone value] = £120, so the cost of the minutes and texts for the month are £6.67!!! [The £18 a month tarriff gives you 200 mins and 500 texts]

I put the above up so that it might help someone wanting to buy a new phone in seeing this deal, but my question is, this £54 extra discount is what makes this deal very appealing to me, and they are saying that you only get it if you buy before 31st March! Now I don't need the mobile YET, but need it like 4 months later! So if this offer has been renewing itself every month then I am unaware, but how likely is it for this offer of £54 off to remain in a few months? Or will an even better offer come since the economic climate is set to worsen?

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Just to add, do VIRGIN MEDIA customers get an even better deal from Virgin Mobile?

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

To answer my last question, apparently we get the £18 a month contract for £15 a month anyway, as seen here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...lehandset.html

HOWEVER, the Tocco is not included- there is actually a very limited option of phones
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2009, 09:14   #2
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Mobile offers!

i have no answer, but what are the little "Â" you use all the time before the £.
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 09:29   #3
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellajunkie View Post
i have no answer, but what are the little "Â" you use all the time before the £.
I dunno, I just used the standard "£" sign

You can see that funny A here too: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/63...l#post34758626
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 08:31   #4
JethroUK

Services: Philips 42" +XLTV +10 meg B.B. +Lrg Phone + caller ID +Tivo £52 +Xbox 360 60 gig +200w Sub

I think it's a bug in the works (forum) - I seen it before and it seems to be back

£
Old 28-03-2009, 15:58   #5
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Got a phone call from virgin this morning, offered LG Cookie. £12.00 per month due to being existing customer. 3 months free, 100 minutes and 250 texts I think.

Very handy as wifes phone has just gone faulty.

18 * 12 = 216.00
- 3 * 12 = 36

180 over 18 months. = £10.00 per month.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 23:29   #6
kkevin666
Inactive

kkevin666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
Got a phone call from virgin this morning, offered LG Cookie. £12.00 per month due to being existing customer. 3 months free, 100 minutes and 250 texts I think.

Very handy as wifes phone has just gone faulty.

18 * 12 = 216.00
- 3 * 12 = 36

180 over 18 months. = £10.00 per month.

Its 150 mins a month sir.
kkevin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 21:36   #7
howden
Inactive

howden is on a distinguished roadhowden is on a distinguished road

Can anyone tell me what is the best camera quality - on the Virgin £14 tariffs (discounted to £12 for VM customers) ?

Thanks
howden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 21:41   #8
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Just got lg cookie on £12.00 deal. 3 meg camera. Arrived today. I am happy with it.

Regards
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 22:49   #9
majickal
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, XL Broadband and XL Phone
majickal is an unknown quantity at this point

Samsung G600 has an excellent camera. 5 mpixel and really good quality shots, esp. outdoors... Free on £14 (£12) deal!
majickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 08:53   #10
howden
Inactive

Thanks - yes, am thinking about the Samsung G600. Anyone with experience of it - is it reliable ?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:51   #11
howden
Inactive

In the end, O2 retentions made me an offer I couldn't refuse...(£150 credit - 18 months on a reduced £10 tariff - 200 mins, 400 texts and free O2 to O2. Works out to £1.66 a month - RESULT)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45   #12
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by howden View Post
Thanks - yes, am thinking about the Samsung G600. Anyone with experience of it - is it reliable ?
great phone !! 100% reliable.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 17:52   #13
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

It's now free on the £8.50 tarriff unit o6/05...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote