Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Absolutely incredible

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Absolutely incredible

Old 15-04-2009, 12:24   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Absolutely incredible

I bought a memorable number from Ebay the other day, it arrived this morning and it was on an unopened VM PAYG sim pack.

I called VM up because obviously I needed a PAC code but didn't know if I needed to register it first and whether I'd get the PAC straight away etc (with Orange for example they post it out to you).

Got through to an agent...my heart sank when I realised they were not in the UK although she sounded South African.

So I explained the situation that I'd just bought it for the number, needed a PAC code, did I need to register it and how soon do I get the code.

"I'm sorry sir, you need your PUK code?"

"No, I need my PAC code" (note: although it's feasible to get PAC and PUK mixed up, you'd have though she'd have figured it out from what I told her about why I was calling....)

"Ok sir I'll need your account number".

I repeated my reason for the call. She asked me for my mobile number, when she entered it she said "I'm sorry sir we don't have any records for you".

I asked to be transfered to the UK. I was eventually put through and the agent I spoke to sorted in out and sent me my PAC code.

I'm known for not being a fan of offshore callcenters, VM really aren't doing much to change my perception.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2009, 12:31   #2
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: Absolutely incredible

Oh that’s why I use O2 UK call centres.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 10:29   #3
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Personally I never had any problems with the SA call centre. Did you perhaps spell P-A-C out to the representative?
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 10:30   #4
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
Personally I never had any problems with the SA call centre. Did you perhaps spell P-A-C out to the representative?
No, I said it to sound like 'Pack'. However I didn't just say "I want my PAC code", I explained the full situation which clearly has nothing to do with a PUK code.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-04-2009, 15:24   #5
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Maybe she was having a "keep customers on V Mobile" day? In insisting you needed a PUK code instead hoping you'd give in and keep the SIM and number with VMobile
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 07:24   #6
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point

just as an aside, PACs are not supposed to be given out until the customer has made at least one top up
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 09:57   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlea View Post
just as an aside, PACs are not supposed to be given out until the customer has made at least one top up
Never heard of that, but if it's true then it holds no water whatsoever - by law a network has to give a PAC code if requested by a customer.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 17-04-2009, 19:50   #8
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlea View Post
Only if that is a pre-condition of the T&C's of any contract.

The only other refusal reasons are for non fulfilment of a minimum term (see above) or if the number in question has been disconnected / cancelled.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote