Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recieving NTL emails on Vodafone mobile internet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recieving NTL emails on Vodafone mobile internet

Old 22-07-2007, 22:29   #1
brt1919
Inactive

brt1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Recieving NTL emails on Vodafone mobile internet

I've just upgraded to a Samsung U700V on vodafone & have bought the internet service add on mainly to pick up my ntl\virgin emails when away from home. I'm having trouble getting the login to work & wonder if anyone has been successful, there are a few similar posts but none quite the same as this. I've guessed a few settings but aren't entirely sure

The options for the account are:

SMTP Server smtp.vodafone.net or send.vodafone.net ??
SMTP Port: 25
Retrieval Server Type: POP3
POP3 Server pop.ntlworld.com
POP3 Port:110
My address name including @ntlworld.com
Username name before the @ntlworld.com
Password : e.g t123456789

Thanks
brt1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2007, 22:43   #2
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby
Re: Recieving NTL emails on Vodafone mobile internet

Not exactly the answer, but what i've done is have all my emails picked up by my Gmail account (www.gmail.com). Gmail has a nice little java app which enables me to pick up my emails anywhere, also i can obviously reply to them etc.
Would certainly recommend it

http://www.google.com/mobile/mail/index.html is the App

Also, you can have gmail pick up several different accounts, all in one neat package
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:02   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

You wont be able to send email to the virginmedia (ntl) service from your vodafone ISP. So your send details will need to be those of vodafone even if you can work out how to get your WM emails on your phone.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 08:36   #4
brt1919
Inactive

Hi, thanks for the reply, it's not a vodafone isp (as far as I know), but an email client within the phone that can be configured for other email services. the guy in the shop was pretty sure I could set up my ntl\virgin webmail up in it.

If I can't get it to work like this, then I'll certainly investigate the gmail option, thanks
Old 23-07-2007, 09:28   #5
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

If your phone is on the Vodaphone network, then Vodaphone is your ISP.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 20:42   #6
brt1919
Inactive

not doing too well on this one! Another option should be to use the ntl webmail address on the phone, but I've not been able to access this yet either, I get the sign on screen, put in username & password & get a redirecting message followed by a server error or going back to ntl/virgin homepage.

So, out of interest has anyone with vodafone managed to get into their ntl\virgin webmail ok? That's really all I need to be honest, don't really need to configure the email client, webmail is perfectly ok. Hopefully it's just a temporary problem with vodafone live that's stopping me accessing webmail screen tonight.

Thanks
Old 25-01-2009, 22:59   #7
brt1919
Inactive

right, 18 months on I've just bought a new phone, the LG Renoir. I did actually have a look at virgin mobiles deals but not the phone I wanted.

what I'm also hoping is that since the last time I posted about this, that it's more straightforward to get webmail on a phone. I'm on an O2 contract this time. I tried using webmail on the normal internet connection on the phone but no joy here, maybe some sort of java issue, not sure, but couldn;t get the buttons to display properly to log in'

So have tried setting it up as email on the phone & haven't quite got it right, & no amount of googling is coming up with the goods! seems to be a suggestion that for the outgoing details I need to use o2 address rather than ntl, which kinda makes sense as I'm using O2 phone service. Does anyone have a definitive list of the settings for ntl email on an O2 phone?

Thanks