Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Opening ports for mIRC

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Address Book (OE & Outlook)

Old 20-03-2004, 10:58   #1
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts
Question Address Book (OE & Outlook)

I use Outlook 2000 (with Mail Washer Pro) for my MAIN E-Mail account on NTL.

I then use Outlook Express 6 (with different Log-Ins) for the rest of the Family & for my Webdesign accounts...

Is there a way of havving 2x Address books (1 for use in Outlook & 1 for use in Oe6)

I use Win XP Home (but DONT want a sign in to different accounts)...

Is there a program that I can get to use with Oe6 to save addresses but it WONT get into my Outlook address book??? I dont want to mix my Home & other address book!

Thanks in advance...
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2004, 11:00   #2
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Address Book (OE & Outlook)

Sorry mate but I am 99.9 % sure that they use the same windows address book.

Have you consided using a different mail client ? Opera for example has its own indipendent address book.
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 11:31   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

How about creating a standalone .wab file?
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 17:42   #4
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartbe
Sorry mate but I am 99.9 % sure that they use the same windows address book.

Have you consided using a different mail client ? Opera for example has its own indipendent address book.
I am now trying Opera
Can you help me answer these Simple Questions please Stuartbe?
  1. Can I set it to Open in Email? As it is now... Opera opens a WebBrowser & I click Email every time...
  2. Can I select a option to STOP saving my Sent emails in my Sent Folder? I send a lot of Digital Images to a friend...
I cant find these answers anywhere in the Options...

Cheers
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 23:30   #5
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

With Outlook XP you can create groups of contacts other than the default one. So you could have the default contacts for the family and a separate set for yourself. I'm not sure if the same goes for OL2000 but it's worth a look.
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2004, 00:15   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

The address book in Outlook 2000, as indeed any of the main Outlook programs is really part of your Outlook Contacts. Unless you are using Exchange or some other mail server, Outlook stores the contacts as part of it's .pst file, together with the email , calendar, tasks and all other stuff. If you use Outlook with exchange, yo umay locally cache or synchronise Outlook so you can use it while offline, in which case you will also have a .ost file.

Outlook Express 6 stores all it's in .dbx files, by default contacts.dbx which will be in a hidden folder (if you are using Win XP) somewhere under your user's Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Applications.

Thus the two outlook contacts files are entirely separate. It's a bit of a pain but they can be imported / exported from one to the other if need be.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote