Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2011, 17:21   #4486
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
I cant get over how quiet the tivo is
I know I am up all night due to our lass snoring now

Quote:
yer im looking forward to that,Must admit cant wait to get home from work each night to have a play about with me tivo.Love the suggestions just gutted its only recording sd versions at min,Try and avoid them love me hd
It suggested Top Gear and Eastenders in HD for me ( The first one is good but the second, you can tell who has got the most use of the remote? )
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2011, 17:23   #4487
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

I feel all the effort of paying for services did not pay off in ANY WAY:

I have done loads for Virgin Media...

1.) Upgraded to XL from the cable and wireless days when it was called family pack

2.) payed for a multiroom box (not V+)

3.) Payed for 10MB broadband and Phone service

4.) Got 2 V+ boxes at £150 each - So I payed £300 for the two.

5) Got one replaced twice because they were full of bugs.

6) Upgraded to Sky Sports package (complete) from late 2007

7)Recently upgraded for 2 HD channels from Sky Sports premium at £7 per box.. Just got it on one.

And after all of this they want me to pay another £149 + £40 install + £3 per month FOR TWO BOXES AT £298 for the 2 boxes I need (upstairs and downstairs) +£80 install and £6 per month + cost of multiroom of the additional box on top of that.

Blimey Virgin Media you really do know how to treat your customers.

I dont get how you can offer some people free TiVOs or free V+ boxes when there are other customers who struggle to keep paying these payments and still have to fork out full price. I mean congratulations to who ever gets a free TiVO because Im not saying you dont deserve it you probably do but I think its wrong.

The first thing my mate told me when I mensioned some people getting free TiVO and others not is..... FAVOURITISM. - I couldnt respond to that because it got me thinking if Virgin Media really do care about ALL of its customers.

And I for one dont feel cared for by Virgin Media.
Old 15-03-2011, 17:24   #4488
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
no,I thought tivo`s epg was going to be regulary updated like sky`s.Must admit i am a tad disapponted there

didnt use padding,Have mine to start 1min b4 and 3 min after (not dared risk padding yet/not really sure how it works)
Got to admit this makes it not the game changer everyone talks about , don't forget Sky+ has been out years , and you have to pay 3.00 a month for the luxury of missing the end of your show.
Old 15-03-2011, 17:53   #4489
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post

1.) Upgraded to XL from the cable and wireless days when it was called family pack

7)Recently upgraded for 2 HD channels from Sky Sports premium at £7 per box.. Just got it on one.

And after all of this they want me to pay another £149 + £40 install + £3 per month FOR TWO BOXES AT £298 for the 2 boxes I need (upstairs and downstairs) +£80 install and £6 per month + cost of multiroom of the additional box on top of that.

I dont get how you can offer some people free TiVOs or free V+ boxes when there are other customers who struggle to keep paying these payments and still have to fork out full price. I mean congratulations to who ever gets a free TiVO because Im not saying you dont deserve it you probably do but I think its wrong.

The first thing my mate told me when I mensioned some people getting free TiVO and others not is..... FAVOURITISM. - I couldnt respond to that because it got me thinking if Virgin Media really do care about ALL of its customers.

As I understand it, you only pay one install fee for whatever is intalled?

We don't know that it will be 3 pounds per box, though it wouldn't surpise me if it was (sky type pricing rubbing off on VM).

I have absolutely no problem with some people getting it free as part of the various raffles; I think it's a good idea. But if you don't win a raffle, we should all pay the same price ----- including S1 owners unless TIVO are footing the bill for any extra discount they get.
Old 15-03-2011, 18:09   #4490
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post

Old 15-03-2011, 18:11   #4491
ronnie_m
Inactive

Services: Tivo on VIP50
ronnie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Glad it all ran smoothly for you and you will love it ( cannot see you posting much for a while as you will be too busy playing around with the box and functions )
Don't bet on it. I'm still watching tv from 08:00 until after 22:00 as i have only just been given the go ahead to start putting my foot down after 12 weeks in plaster
Old 15-03-2011, 18:15   #4492
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Everyone not part of the draws should be having to pay £40 install unless they qualify for free install due to other services they are taking out.
I'd love to understand the economics of this, as I understand there have been two raffles of a 1000 each who have not had to pay anything and get a year free. So lets say Virgin have forsaken £149 + £36 (12 * £3 monthly subscription), which is £185 for 2,000 customers in "lost" revenue. That's then £370,000 of lost turnover, which is also enough to give a "free" £40 install to 9,250 customers (with them still paying £149 + £36 a year).

That would then have released outbound call capacity (from not calling raffle winners). They might also then have been able to call and satisfy the demand from TiVo series 1 users that have been missed and will soon not have a service. They would then have also been able to concentrate on people who *want* the service rather than only taking it because it is free. It would also have saved the promotional cost (production, printing and distribution) of doing the "001" ticket mailout.

If they were interested in picking a sample of users they could have used the demographics of the users installed so far and then picked and chosen from the pre-reg list to get the representative sample they needed.

This approach may well have engendered more support from the existing customer base rather than causing the unsettling that has been openly acknowledged by Virgin.

If anyone from Virgin wants to take this further I am experienced with selecting representative samples, call out campaigns and a little on logistics as well. Or you could call me and offer me TiVo, there's some money in it for you too.
Old 15-03-2011, 18:30   #4493
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_m View Post
Don't bet on it. I'm still watching tv from 08:00 until after 22:00 as i have only just been given the go ahead to start putting my foot down after 12 weeks in plaster
I was only joking as once you start playing around with the box you seem to lose track of the time. Sorry to hear about being in plaster, I know how you feel as when I was a bit younger I had my leg in plaster for 6 months due to a cycling accident.
Old 15-03-2011, 18:34   #4494
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I'd love to understand the economics of this, as I understand there have been two raffles of a 1000 each who have not had to pay anything and get a year free. So lets say Virgin have forsaken £149 + £36 (12 * £3 monthly subscription), which is £185 for 2,000 customers in "lost" revenue. That's then £370,000 of lost turnover, which is also enough to give a "free" £40 install to 9,250 customers (with them still paying £149 + £36 a year).

That would then have released outbound call capacity (from not calling raffle winners). They might also then have been able to call and satisfy the demand from TiVo series 1 users that have been missed and will soon not have a service. They would then have also been able to concentrate on people who *want* the service rather than only taking it because it is free. It would also have saved the promotional cost (production, printing and distribution) of doing the "001" ticket mailout.

If they were interested in picking a sample of users they could have used the demographics of the users installed so far and then picked and chosen from the pre-reg list to get the representative sample they needed.

This approach may well have engendered more support from the existing customer base rather than causing the unsettling that has been openly acknowledged by Virgin.

If anyone from Virgin wants to take this further I am experienced with selecting representative samples, call out campaigns and a little on logistics as well. Or you could call me and offer me TiVo, there's some money in it for you too.
to the forum
Old 15-03-2011, 18:41   #4495
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
to the forum
Thanks I thought I'd venture over from TiVo Community while I twiddle my thumbs.

Hopefully I'll be otherwise occupied soon (hint).
Old 15-03-2011, 18:48   #4496
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Thanks I thought I'd venture over from TiVo Community while I twiddle my thumbs.

Hopefully I'll be otherwise occupied soon (hint).
To the mad house
Old 15-03-2011, 19:40   #4497
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
To the mad house
Old 15-03-2011, 19:54   #4498
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
To the mad house
Old 15-03-2011, 20:07   #4499
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

This may have already been answered but I can't be bothered to trawl through 300 pages of thread but seen the following artticle on the VMHD website -

http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2011/03/500...n-its-way.html

Are any VM staff members able to confirm or deny whether this is true as this box at a price of £49 plus installation would be a massive seller compared to the 1TB box at £100 more.

Cheers
Old 15-03-2011, 20:11   #4500
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Are any VM staff members able to confirm or deny whether this is true
No.