Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:45   #3886
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon8 View Post
I've been with virgin media for about a month,and that was just for broadband. I've been with sky since day one and fancied a change. I registered online when I seen this tivo box and got a call back the same day. I've had it fully installed and happy to of jumped ship.
You must be one of those Trolls Charlie Sheen has been banging on about.

FAIL!!
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2011, 08:54   #3887
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I've been with virgin media for about a month,and that was just for broadband. I've been with sky since day one and fancied a change. I registered online when I seen this tivo box and got a call back the same day. I've had it fully installed and happy to of jumped ship.
Epic fail!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27   #3888
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Services: Tivo,Xl TV,Sky sports,Sky movies HD,XXL 100MB BB.
Bluemoon8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Epic fail!
Fail ok then. I'll enjoy my Tivo box. Any questions you want answering,Pictures etc etc I'll send them to you. Why would I come on here winding people up?

Some people make me laugh.................
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30   #3889
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Fail ok then. I'll enjoy my Tivo box. Any questions you want answering,Pictures etc etc I'll send them to you. Why would I come on here winding people up?
Some people make me laugh.................
Were you a series 1 owner?

that's exactly why you are here!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:35   #3890
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Quote:
No, seriously I'm not on here to wind anybody up, just wanted to get some info seems I'm new to Virgin media tv. I've been with sky since day one and only just got the broadband.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:37   #3891
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
No, seriously I'm not on here to wind anybody up, just wanted to get some info seems I'm new to Virgin media tv. I've been with sky since day one and only just got the broadband.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43   #3892
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Quote:
No
Old 09-03-2011, 10:45   #3893
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
No
So you just registered on the VM site and was installed.. you just had broadband and was a customer for a month?

How much did you pay for TiVo?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:54   #3894
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Quote:
So you just registered on the VM site and was installed.. you just had broadband and was a customer for a month?

How much did you pay for TiVo?
Yes, I paid £150.00 for the box, with XL package with sky sports and movies in HD, phone line and just had installed 100mb broadband from my 50mb I had previously. Didn't mean to come on here to start all this, just wanted to be part of the forum has I'm new to all this.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:00   #3895
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Yes, I paid £150.00 for the box, with XL package with sky sports and movies in HD, phone line and just had installed 100mb broadband from my 50mb I had previously. Didn't mean to come on here to start all this, just wanted to be part of the forum has I'm new to all this.
I'm sorry, but I still don't believe you... to the forum though
Old 09-03-2011, 11:08   #3896
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I still don't believe you... to the forum though
Thanks and thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Can I ask a quick question to the people who own the Virgin Tivo box... Looking at my TV guide now, there seems to be logos on each channel, is this a new update or am I going mad and they've always been there. Very useful.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:12   #3897
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Don't worry Sky will welcome you back after 12 months.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:15   #3898
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Welcome to the forum Bluemoon.

Please don't take offence but you must understand how forum members are sceptical. You don't seem to fit any of the normal categories on here. It is a very simple matter to sort out if you can post some pictures of your home setup.

Good luck with your Tivo!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:16   #3899
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum Bluemoon, actually what you have just said about your package makes sense to me and there is nothing unusual here. You are a XL TV customer and triple play (BB + Phone + TV) as well which is just like me.

Like me, you’ve registered and gone into the database of pre-registered customers. I am certain this database contains no intelligence on the age of the customer with VM, and therefore anybody who has just joined VM has the same chance as somebody who has been with them for years.

I wouldn’t be surprised that somebody could join up with VM now, then register and have equal chance to be called as somebody who registered on the 1st December (like I did and still waiting a call or this email now we’ve heard of to allow ordering online).

You will find plenty of information on this forum Bluemoon, a few hot heads on the BB as there will always be but you can find some useful information here.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:24   #3900
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Welcome to the forum Bluemoon, actually what you have just said about your package makes sense to me and there is nothing unusual here. You are a XL TV customer and triple play (BB + Phone + TV) as well which is just like me.

Like me, you’ve registered and gone into the database of pre-registered customers. I am certain this database contains no intelligence on the age of the customer with VM, and therefore anybody who has just joined VM has the same chance as somebody who has been with them for years.

I wouldn’t be surprised that somebody could join up with VM now, then register and have equal chance to be called as somebody who registered on the 1st December (like I did and still waiting a call or this email now we’ve heard of to allow ordering online).

You will find plenty of information on this forum Bluemoon, a few hot heads on the BB as there will always be but you can find some useful information here.
Thanks dude, and look forward to been apart of this forum. Feels like I've started off on the wrong foot.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Welcome to the forum Bluemoon.

Please don't take offence but you must understand how forum members are sceptical. You don't seem to fit any of the normal categories on here. It is a very simple matter to sort out if you can post some pictures of your home setup.

Good luck with your Tivo!
I'll stick some pictures up on here no problem, when I get in from work. How easy is it to do that?
Closed Thread