Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 19:36   #3706
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
the third tuner isn't the point; I'm assuming 3 tuners.
Yes it is 3 tuners and the third one has just been activated for a small few users?
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2011, 19:38   #3707
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Theres an option in setting s to cut one short, I cant remember if its the padding on the end of the first or the start of the second I'll look.

regards

John.
Old 06-03-2011, 19:41   #3708
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Theres an option in setting s to cut one short, I cant remember if its the padding on the end of the first or the start of the second I'll look.

regards

John.
So, this mean's manual intervention to choose? When are you alerted to make that choice?
Old 06-03-2011, 19:43   #3709
pythagoras
cf.addict

Its a global setting. heres the option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0558.jpg (469.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0557s.jpg (422.6 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-03-2011, 19:44   #3710
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of

Quote:

regards

John.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
So, this mean's manual intervention to choose? When are you alerted to make that choice?

You can set priorities on recordings so that the highest priority will cut short a lower priority if there is a clash or the lower priority will wait till the higher one finishes before starting to record.
Old 06-03-2011, 19:50   #3711
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

So has the third tuner activation started rolling out to certain users?
Old 06-03-2011, 19:52   #3712
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Its a global setting. heres the option.
That's talking about overlapping programmes; does this include padding? It seems to me that the V+ box is more advanced than TIVO in this area.

It is true that having 3 recordable tuners will lower the frequency of this happening in reality, but I still think dropping padding automatically when necesarry is the better option.
Old 06-03-2011, 19:53   #3713
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
So has the third tuner activation started rolling out to certain users?
Yes it has. Check out the 3rd of SQUARE EYES posts here:

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...03374405297133
Old 06-03-2011, 19:57   #3714
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Ted View Post
You can set priorities on recordings so that the highest priority will cut short a lower priority if there is a clash or the lower priority will wait till the higher one finishes before starting to record.
That assumes that one programme has a higher prioity. The V+ box handles this situation far better; if the TV channels are running on time, you don't lose any part of either programme.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:11   #3715
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Is there any people on here including myself that did the raffle but didnt get a call still?

What are your thoughts...would you consider purchasing one knowing you have lost... I would when I get the money.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:15   #3716
pesty
Inactive

Services: Big Daddy Bundle
pesty is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post
Is there any people on here including myself that did the raffle but didnt get a call still?

What are your thoughts...would you consider purchasing one knowing you have lost... I would when I get the money.
I didn't get a call is there still a chance we might get one yet or is it all over. I might purchase one though.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:18   #3717
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

No call here. I do not plan to get Tivo however I registered on the off chance I'd get it free.

I think anyone who doesn't purchase Tivo because they didn't get drawn in the free raffle needs to grown up and get a life. If you want something, and you can afford it, then go get it. Don't let a missed opportunity to get it for free turn you into a sour dejected wreck. Go on, treat yourself for heavens sake.

Nothing like a Sunday rant to clear between the ears before another great week at work

P.S. Good on you Matty, I hope your one of the first in this thread to get Tivo when it launches.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:20   #3718
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
No call here. I do not plan to get Tivo however I registered on the off chance I'd get it free.

I think anyone who doesn't purchase Tivo because they didn't get drawn in the free raffle needs to grown up and get a life. If you want something, and you can afford it, then go get it. Don't let a missed opportunity to get it for free turn you into a sour dejected wreck. Go on, treat yourself for heavens sake.

Nothing like a Sunday rant to clear between the ears before another great week at work

P.S. Good on you Matty, I hope your one of the first in this thread to get Tivo when it launches.
But some dont want to pay , but would have it for free nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:29   #3719
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But some dont want to pay , but would have it for free nothing wrong with that.
That's my person preference. I'll take it for free, but don't want it enough to pay.

The point I was trying to make is anyone who really wants it, and can afford it, but doesn't get it purely on the basis they didn't get it for free in the draw needs to get a grip. Reading back on my earlier post, it's clear I didn't really explain that fully.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:36   #3720
lee_mc
Inactive

Services: Cable since 199 T=L, TV=XL, BB=L, TIVO 500gb
lee_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Entered Raffle - no call as yet.

Would like TIVO, but can't afford the £140 as yet for installation - so if no call, then no install for me for a good while.
Closed Thread