Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 16:36   #3676
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme2b View Post
Hi Guy's

Im the manager of the Nottingham Store.. The TiVo was playing up yesterday, hence the its not connected comment, but all seems well now.

If any of you guys want to come in and get a demo of it working, please feel free to pop in and ask for me. It will give you a chance to see how god the TiVo is...

Regards

Graeme
Thanks for that i live in Harlow Essex so its a bit far to come.

We have one on demo (in harlow) will probably switch to one in about 6 months.

When all the features are up an running it will be a good product for vm though in the long run i suspect.

Advertisement
Old 06-03-2011, 16:36   #3677
graeme2b
Inactive

Services: V+HD, 50MB, Unlimited Phone, Sky+HD 1Tb, Apple iPhone 4, Apple Macbook. TiVo.
graeme2b is on a distinguished roadgraeme2b is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Pretty good , I'm just hoping they get people rang to order it this month.
Well good luck, hope you get one.
Old 06-03-2011, 16:38   #3678
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
I went to the Warrington shop it was setup and I had a go.
Did you get a chance to check out the quality of the SD pictures?
Old 06-03-2011, 16:40   #3679
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Did you get a chance to check out the quality of the SD pictures?
Yes it was showing a music channel on about a 46 inch screen and it looked ok to me.
Old 06-03-2011, 16:58   #3680
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Graeme for explaining, should be back next Saturday!
Old 06-03-2011, 17:00   #3681
graeme2b
Inactive

Services: V+HD, 50MB, Unlimited Phone, Sky+HD 1Tb, Apple iPhone 4, Apple Macbook. TiVo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Thank you Graeme for explaining, should be back next Saturday!
Just sent you a PM inviting you as didn't know if you had seen my post.

but no problem see you saturday...

Graeme
Old 06-03-2011, 17:11   #3682
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: TiVo

Quote:
Just sent you a PM inviting you as didn't know if you had seen my post.

but no problem see you saturday...

Graeme
Hi Graeme you may not be able to answer this but what is the picture quality like of SD on TiVo?

Old 06-03-2011, 17:21   #3683
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Hi Guy's

Im the manager of the Nottingham Store.. The TiVo was playing up yesterday, hence the its not connected comment, but all seems well now.

If any of you guys want to come in and get a demo of it working, please feel free to pop in and ask for me. It will give you a chance to see how god the TiVo is...

Regards

Graeme
Thanks for posting, Graeme

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Quote:
Yes it was showing a music channel on about a 46 inch screen and it looked ok to me.
It looks fine on my 42" Sony Bravia too.
Old 06-03-2011, 17:23   #3684
graeme2b
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Hi Graeme you may not be able to answer this but what is the picture quality like of SD on TiVo?
Personally I think it looks good, as good as my V+ if not better.

my personal opinion though.. Guess gotta see it for yourself though.

Graeme
Old 06-03-2011, 17:32   #3685
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:

my personal opinion though.. Guess gotta see it for yourself though.

Graeme
Thanks Graeme,

Sounds like a trip down to the Luton shop to see the SD pic quality on TiVo to make my mind up!

Old 06-03-2011, 17:34   #3686
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Thanks Graeme,

Sounds like a trip down to the Luton shop to see the SD pic quality on TiVo to make my mind up!
If it's something you are concerned about, then it would be a good idea... plus you get to test drive it too
Old 06-03-2011, 18:20   #3687
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl.wotcha View Post
Yes, I agree with both. You need to be able to set a preferred set of defaults, for series links. Having to change it very time is a PITA.
I don't think it's that much of a hassle, maybe in the beginning when setting up your regular series links, but unlike the V+ once they're added they are there for life and will pick up future seasons.

Let's face it, I just did it and it took less than 10 seconds... select set series link, 2 presses to the right into options, press down then right for new, press down add start padding, press down set end padding, press ok... done.

The only thing is the padding isn't intelligent enough to remove requested padding if there's no tuners free, it pops up a box saying you can either turn over or cancel the recording... so you need to switch over, wait for the 2 minutes padding (or whatever) to record then turn back when the tuner is free. At least the V+ cancelled the padding if it caused a clash.

Andy.
Old 06-03-2011, 18:24   #3688
JoshC
Inactive

Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
JoshC is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not noticed any problems with SD either, 32" Samsung in the bedroom.
HD is stunning as usual also :-)
Old 06-03-2011, 18:25   #3689
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Which V+ though? The scaler in the SA V+ was excellent and made SD much sharper than the TiVo. This is on a Panasonic 42V20B.

TiVo now auto-switches between 720p for SD and 1080i for HD, which is a little better, but still not as good as the SA V+. The SA scaler was much shaper than my TVs built in scaler!

Andy.
Old 06-03-2011, 18:32   #3690
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
TiVo now auto-switches between 720p for SD and 1080i for HD, which is a little better, but still not as good as the SA V+. The SA scaler was much shaper than my TVs built in scaler!
I would assume only if you have 720p and 1080i selected. If you only select 1080i as it's out put (as the V+ HD does) then it will upscale everything to that?