Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:37   #3586
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: TiVo

Actually, I wouldn't be bothered, as it is just a piece of kit - do we really think VM will be able to install between 10,000 and 100,000 plus boxes in a month.

I think people need to re-set their expectations to a more realistic base...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2011, 11:39   #3587
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Like Stephen says you have to give them until the end of March I just hope its not an email telling people to ring and order , imagine the wait times and you wouldn't be happy if you registered on the 1st day but were installed after someone who registered today.
l will wait till the end of march but l will be very unhappy if people who register now get their Tivo before customers who registered in December, this would alienate a awful lot of customers who already feel unhappy about the Tivo fiasco.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41   #3588
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I have to admit, it takes a lot more than someone getting a piece of kit before me to make me "very unhappy".......
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41   #3589
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Actually, I wouldn't be bothered, as it is just a piece of kit - do we really think VM will be able to install between 10,000 and 100,000 plus boxes in a month.

Why are peoples expectations wrong , it say priority installs before new customers , which would push the launch to new customers back.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:46   #3590
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Hang on Stephen it was Virgin who in their wisdom got peoples expectations high on December the 1st, if they can,t cope with this then they should not in the first place asked people to register, as far as l am concerned Virgin have made a almighty mess of it and many customers are already unhappy about this, as the old saying goes if you can,t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:49   #3591
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Why are peoples expectations wrong , it say priority installs before new customers , which would push the launch to new customers back.
But then you have the tension between long-term customers, VIP customers, long-term customers who are VIP customers, etc etc...

Whatever priority VM do it in, it will annoy somebody - lose/lose for VM.

And, at the end of the day, it's not life or death, just a fancy new PVR.

The furore around this reminds me of the quote about student politics - "the debates gets so heated because the stakes are so low".

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Hang on Stephen it was Virgin who in their wisdom got peoples expectations high on December the 1st, if they can,t cope with this then they should not in the first place asked people to register, as far as l am concerned Virgin have made a almighty mess of it and many customers are already unhappy about this, as the old saying goes if you can,t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
Hugh, not Stephen - you have me confused with a VM employee....

Where did VM set the expectation about who would get the box first? People made assumptions, and then treated those assumptions as facts, and then started getting irate about things that VM never said or promised (to the best of my knowledge).

Calm down, and carry on....
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55   #3592
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
But then you have the tension between long-term customers, VIP customers, long-term customers who are VIP customers, etc etc...

Whatever priority VM do it in, it will annoy somebody - lose/lose for VM.

And, at the end of the day, it's not life or death, just a fancy new PVR.

The furore around this reminds me of the quote about student politics - "the debates gets so heated because the stakes are so low".

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Hugh, not Stephen - you have me confused with a VM employee....

Where did VM set the expectation about who would get the box first? People made assumptions, and then treated those assumptions as facts, and then started getting irate about things that VM never said or promised (to the best of my knowledge).

Calm down, and carry on....
Virgin quite clearly led customers who pre-reg in december that they would be the first to get the Tivo and no defending from certain forum members can change that belief.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09   #3593
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of

From a conversation I had with the CEO's office midweek the current state is the people will be contacted by the end of the month letting them know how to get the TiVo.

It was stated that those who had registered on the December 1st page would be offered installs before anyone else.

It was not possible to say what the system would be but that pre registered would definitely get it first.

My thinking after this was that depending on how many in a region had registered they would for low numbers contact direct and for higher numbers probably send an email with link to an online form or a number to call so that those who decided not to go ahead wouldn't get called and those who want it get called quicker.

It was also said that a couple of regions had many more registrations than the lowest so some regions may be open for non registered before higher demand regions but this was only due to how many installs are possible at a time in a region.

Hope this puts some peoples minds at rest on some of their worries.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17   #3594
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

OMG Its March the 5th and I registered on the 1st December and have not had a phone call about TIVO. Thats it my world is coming to and end, I cant go on with my poor V+ and only having 3 tuners, HD and all that on Demand. How am I going to continue with this small Hard Drive which is forcing me to watch programmes when I recored them virtually in the same week in case I fill the Hard Drive up. Oh it truly is the most disastrous things to ever happen to the Human Race, I CANT TAKE NO MORE................
Old 05-03-2011, 12:20   #3595
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Virgin quite clearly led customers who pre-reg in december that they would be the first to get the Tivo and no defending from certain forum members can change that belief.
Link, please?

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Quote:
Link, please?

btw, if more than 10,000 (say for example) register, it will take more than a couple of months to roll those out, and then people complain because they are not first in the roll-out - everyone can't be first......
Old 05-03-2011, 12:24   #3596
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Link, please?

btw, if more than 10,000 (say for example) register, it will take more than a couple of months to roll those out, and then people complain because they are not first in the roll-out - everyone can't be first......
Then they should employ more staff to cope with the demand of customers wanting Tivo, its clear to me Virgin never had any clear plan at all or at best it was a ad hoc plan.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:27   #3597
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Like Stephen says you have to give them until the end of March I just hope its not an email telling people to ring and order , imagine the wait times and you wouldn't be happy if you registered on the 1st day but were installed after someone who registered today.
It quite clearly states on our intranet (internal staff web) Existing customer pre regs will be installed before any other customers. This is a fact and they should be done in order date.

There have been a a few VIP / triple XL customers (about 4,000) plus the TiVo competition winners who will also be called/installed at the same time.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30   #3598
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Link, please?

From the email Hugh

What’s more, we’ll make sure you’re first in the queue to have your service installed, with priority installation
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31   #3599
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It quite clearly states on our intranet (internal staff web) Existing customer pre regs will be installed before any other customers. This is a fact and they should be done in order date.

There have been a a few VIP / triple XL customers plus the TiVo competition winners who will also be called/installed at the same time.
I hope you are right DF as customers will not be happy if this is not the case.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38   #3600
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I hope you are right DF as customers will not be happy if this is not the case.
Pre regs are definately being contacted first and having their installs done before any new customers. That is the internal statement.
Closed Thread