Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 20:36   #3721
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That's my person preference. I'll take it for free, but don't want it enough to pay.

The point I was trying to make is anyone who really wants it, and can afford it, but doesn't get it purely on the basis they didn't get it for free in the draw needs to get a grip. Reading back on my earlier post, it's clear I didn't really explain that fully.

Sorry for any confusion.
No worries mate. Easy done.
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2011, 20:41   #3722
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
So has the third tuner activation started rolling out to certain users?
No it hasn't. I assume though that if it's due out this month then it will currently be with the trialists.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:43   #3723
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No it hasn't. I assume though that if it's due out this month then it will currently be with the trialists.
Thats welcome news.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:46   #3724
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As what i posted earlier as it has been released just over 10 days ago ( thanks to SQUARE EYES who posted over on WWW.VMHD.BLOGSPOT.COM ). Should have made clear?
Old 06-03-2011, 20:49   #3725
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Nice to hear all of your thoughts.

I will buy one once I have saved up enough money as I think the raffle is now over.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:53   #3726
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Does the reported 149 pounds inc the HD actuation cost?
(Assuming I don't get included in the freebi draw, will have to shell out the redies)
Old 06-03-2011, 20:54   #3727
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
Does the reported 149 pounds inc the HD actuation cost?
(Assuming I don't get included in the freebi draw, will have to shell out the redies)
What services have you got already? As if you have got a HD activated box and you are swapping it for the Tivo box you will not have to pay again.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:56   #3728
raging bull
cf.geek

raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

XL TV plus 10meg BB and phone.
Old 06-03-2011, 20:59   #3729
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
XL TV plus 10meg BB and phone.
Yes but have you got the HD channels with the XL tv pack? As if you have you will not have to pay the HD activation charge.
Old 06-03-2011, 21:03   #3730
raging bull
cf.geek

Nope, just tight with my money.
Got the XL TV to satisfy my young grand daughter when she came over christmas, now got used to progs after being on basic TV.
Old 06-03-2011, 21:05   #3731
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Nope, just tight with my money.
Got the XL TV to satisfy my young grand daughter when she came over christmas, now got used to progs after being on basic TV.
So with that you will need to pay the HD activation charge ( somone will be along to prove me wrong? ). What happens if you go to channel 530, 310 ( does it say that you are not subscribed to the channel? ).
Old 06-03-2011, 21:20   #3732
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

£149 includes hd
Old 06-03-2011, 21:23   #3733
raging bull
cf.geek

Correct, no sub to any HD channels, although I have TV with HDMI inputs.
Old 06-03-2011, 22:36   #3734
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
That assumes that one programme has a higher prioity. The V+ box handles this situation far better; if the TV channels are running on time, you don't lose any part of either programme.
Tend to agree. The main issue is that let's say you have 2 high priority series links start at 21:00 with 5mins padding and then a lower priority series link comes up at 22:00. On the V+ it would just drop the padding off one of the previous recordings. On Tivo it wont drop the padding so could miss the first 5 mins of the 22:00 show. If the Tivo automatically brings in the 3rd tuner after 1 minute then I guess at worst you lose the first minute of the 22:00 show. I guess you could always add a 1minute pad at the start to minimise that risk, but then I guess you may end up creating more overlaps. ??

We'll have to see how it works in practise... I found the V+ dealt with this very well and rarely had a problem with it. Hopefully with the 3 recordable tuners this wont come up very often though !
Old 06-03-2011, 23:06   #3735
Rankrotten
Artist of Light and Shade

Services: Gig 1
Rankrotten is on a distinguished roadRankrotten is on a distinguished road

Got my TiVo installed yesterday to replace a silver SA V+ and there is a difference in SD programming with the TiVo looking somewhat worse.

It really brought home just how good the upscaler was in the SA box.

Adjusted the output settings on TiVo to auto select from 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p and it always chooses to feed the TV at 1080i irrespective of channel.

Display devices used are a Samsung 40 inch LCD and a Panasonic PT-AE3000 projector.
Closed Thread