Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 26-11-2011, 14:07   #91
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
No Canada or Australia on the BBC, what a shame.
This is why the BBC should take control of the licence fee, so it has a better chance of winning sports rights like F1!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2011, 14:25   #92
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I notice that the "no adverts" and "uninterrupted" blurbs are all cleverly worded to avoid stating that there will be adverts in the build-up, during Quali, right before the start of a race and right after the flag.

Only the race itself is uninterrupted. Everything else is a fire sale.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 14:37   #93
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I called Virgin this morning and noticed they have a recorded message regarding the new F1 channel. The message confirms they are actively in talks with SKY to bring the channel to Virgin.

Also if you consider virgin also have a page on their website confirming the same thing, I'm pretty sure Virgin will getting access to the channel. It's not often Virgin will put together a recorded message and create a dedicated web page for a channel unless they are confident of agreeing a carriage deal.

SKY Atlantic never got his fanfare! I'm sure if we remain patient full details of who will be able to access what in regards to the new F1 channel will be made very clear by Virgin.

P.S. Nowhere in any of the SKY press releases does it suggest the new channel is a SKY exclusive. Another good sign for Virgin customers.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 14:39   #94
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
This is why the BBC should take control of the licence fee, so it has a better chance of winning sports rights like F1!
Um, it is?
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 14:39   #95
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I called Virgin this morning and noticed they have a recorded message regarding the new F1 channel. The message confirms they are actively in talks with SKY to bring the channel to Virgin.

Also if you consider virgin also have a page on their website confirming the same thing, I'm pretty sure Virgin will getting access to the channel. It's not often Virgin will put together a recorded message and create a dedicated web page for a channel unless they are confident of agreeing a carriage deal.

SKY Atlantic never got his fanfare! I'm sure if we remain patient full details of who will be able to access what in regards to the new F1 channel will be made very clear by Virgin.

P.S. Nowhere in any of the SKY press releases does it suggest the new channel is a SKY exclusive. Another good sign for Virgin customers.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 14:44   #96
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I agree with you I believe it will be available for free to VM Sky Sports subscribers however some people think it will be free in XL which personally I can't see in a million years but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 14:47   #97
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree with you I believe it will be available for free to VM Sky Sports subscribers however some people think it will be free in XL which personally I can't see in a million years but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
I think it'll be free if you either have SKY Sports or if you don't have SKY Sports then SKY Movies plus the £7.00 SKY HD package. I agree that this won't be added to TV XL.
Old 26-11-2011, 14:50   #98
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
£10 to £20 maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A fool and his money are soon parted.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 14:55   #99
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
I think it'll be free if you either have SKY Sports or if you don't have SKY Sports then SKY Movies plus the £7.00 SKY HD package. I agree that this won't be added to TV XL.
or needs to be added as a stand alone subscription. i and lots of others are not going to pay for SS or SM just to receive the SS F1 channel. if its included in XL tv awesome but I refuse to pay for channels I will not watch just for F1. I would be willing to pay £5 - £10 PER MONTH as long as the HD version is included.
joff81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 15:07   #100
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
or needs to be added as a stand alone subscription. i and lots of others are not going to pay for SS or SM just to receive the SS F1 channel. if its included in XL tv awesome but I refuse to pay for channels I will not watch just for F1. I would be willing to pay £5 - £10 PER MONTH as long as the HD version is included.
I suppose that is another option.
Old 26-11-2011, 15:13   #101
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:

we will get the channel its just the case of what package will it go in
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 15:16   #102
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
we will get the channel its just the case of what package will it go in
Yes l can see it on the top sports HD package.
Old 26-11-2011, 15:17   #103
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
I'm sure VM will go all out to try and get something like this the main worry is Sky stipulate it can only be added free to SS subscribers therefore making them the cheapest option in getting it as you'd have to pay 20.00+10.25 HD pack with Sky meaning it would cost 30.25 instead of 25.00 XL + 22.50 totalling 47.50.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 15:22   #104
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l can see it on the top sports HD package.
i hope not. I might be on the top package but i hope not. I think it would be wrong for Sky to make VM put it in SS pack and not in XL pack. Sky are putting it in there XL pack equvianlt so it would be wrong
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 15:23   #105
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
i hope not. I might be on the top package but i hope not. I think it would be wrong for Sky to make VM put it in SS pack and not in XL pack. Sky are putting it in there XL pack equvianlt so it would be wrong
If Sky stipulate it then Virgin will have no choice l suspect.