Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35   #301
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
This.
Eh ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38   #302
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
People need to realise how good an offer VM are giving them with XL , free ESPN which costs £9.00 or £12.00 on Sky , free TV choice OD and a decent variety of HD channels also included , that said VM can only add so much before they are forced to increase subs.
l am very happy with getting ESPN on the XL pack but like most customers we are always looking for something else to be added as a extra or for more channels to be added.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53   #303
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
It will arrive in some form however I'd be amazed if it was included in the XL pack.
I tend to agree muppetman,sky have not gone to the expense of buying the rights to F1 and setting up their own F1 channel to let VM have it as an inclusive with TVXL channel like ESPN,it will offer added value to skys own suscribers to maybe increase take up,but in my opinion it will be a subbbed channel on VM just a feeling.

Otherwise i would say TVXL even if it was incusive would be facing a massive increase were the F1 channel to be included,after VM have paid sky for the option of showing it,which knowing sky will not come cheap.
Old 09-12-2011, 14:03   #304
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
People need to realise how good an offer VM are giving them with XL , free ESPN which costs £9.00 or £12.00 on Sky , free TV choice OD and a decent variety of HD channels also included , that said VM can only add so much before they are forced to increase subs.
I agree entirely-TV XL is excellent value for money as it stands. I'd love to continue to watch F1 for "free", but I'd have no complaints if Virgin were in a position where they had to charge for it. It is, after all, my choice not to be a Sky customer and one I'm generally very happy with.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 14:25   #305
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

IF virgin managed to add this to TV-XL for nowt I'd be over the moon.
If it's to be paid for then I won't be having it.
Things are too tight and, even though I really enjoy my F1 weekends, F1 just isn't that important to splash cash on.

Listen-up Bernie!
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 14:48   #306
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

People who subscribe to the Sky sports pack sould get the F1 channel regardless and for those that don't then maybe the XL pack.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:40   #307
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
Just looking at the new Sky F1 site http://f1.sky.com/#home It mentions the brand new Sky F1 HD channel they are launching which looks and sounds great! But..just how likely, with the Sky Atlantic fiasco are we to get to see this channel on virgin, and are we even less likley to see it in HD?
I'm sure it will, think it will be a premium channel or part of Sky Sports or Sky Movies and Sports collection.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:42   #308
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
I'm sure it will, think it will be a premium channel or part of Sky Sports or Sky Movies and Sports collection.
i reckon that as well, still no news from SKYf1 twitter, i doubt we willl hear anything anytike soon
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 13:21   #309
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

For VM to make a statement that they are already talking to Sky about acquiring this channel speaks volumes to me . I cannot remember them making any statements before about acquiring a channel so soon after it was announced. They are obviously desperate to get the channel as they know full well that if they do not have it, they would be in danger of losing many petrol head customers to SKY!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 14:57   #310
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
For VM to make a statement that they are already talking to Sky about acquiring this channel speaks volumes to me . I cannot remember them making any statements before about acquiring a channel so soon after it was announced. They are obviously desperate to get the channel as they know full well that if they do not have it, they would be in danger of losing many petrol head customers to SKY!
F1 is a die hard spot and 95% of fans will look to keep watching F1 live.

F1 on the BBC averaged 10.5 million viewers over its 2 years with a peak of 13.5 million for both Monaco and the British GP. I don't care who you are that is a massive number of viewers and if you don't carry the new F1 channel for an acceptable price then you have the potential to loose a massive customer base to Sky.
the other side of it is that you also loose the chance to uptake some of them viewers who will be looking to bite the bullet and move to a pay tv option to get the new F1 channel which will be pretty decent numbers.

with SKY now promoting the channel both in papers and on their tv channels Virgin media are loosing potential customers everyday as F1 fans look to keep their sport live to view.
virgin media need to get something sorted sharpish and to the most customers possible as cheap as possible as waiting till march is far too late as most F1 fans will have sorted viewing plans out before then by either moving to SKY or by using less popular/legal means.
joff81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 15:08   #311
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
On the flip side, Sky also know that they will be losing a lot of money and will ensue the annoyance of F1 if they don't let other platforms have the channel.

There is NO way that this will be an exclusive Sky channel and I doubt very much even the HD channel will be exclusive.

It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a little clause in Sky/F1's contract making it clear it must be offered to other platforms at a reasonable price.

Total conjecture from me though.
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 15:09   #312
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have V+ and have both Sports & Movies (SD).

I will only watch the Britsh GP next year, and I know Sky will have advers every 5 minutes before the race, and the second the winner crosses the finish line "advert".

So I will not bother with the others.

BYE BYE F1.
Old 11-12-2011, 18:46   #313
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
F1 is a die hard spot and 95% of fans will look to keep watching F1 live.

F1 on the BBC averaged 10.5 million viewers over its 2 years with a peak of 13.5 million for both Monaco and the British GP. I don't care who you are that is a massive number of viewers and if you don't carry the new F1 channel for an acceptable price then you have the potential to loose a massive customer base to Sky.
the other side of it is that you also loose the chance to uptake some of them viewers who will be looking to bite the bullet and move to a pay tv option to get the new F1 channel which will be pretty decent numbers.

with SKY now promoting the channel both in papers and on their tv channels Virgin media are loosing potential customers everyday as F1 fans look to keep their sport live to view.
virgin media need to get something sorted sharpish and to the most customers possible as cheap as possible as waiting till march is far too late as most F1 fans will have sorted viewing plans out before then by either moving to SKY or by using less popular/legal means.
Great post, and spot on. I have no doubt that this channel WILL come to Virgin one way or another, but I am also sure that any announcement/agreement will be almost at the last minute. Sky will want to ride this particular pony for months before they have to let the cat out of the bag that it won't be exclusive to their platform. The fact that they aren't advertising it as such, and that Virgin made an immediate, unprecedented, announcement, point to this being the case.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22   #314
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Great post, and spot on. I have no doubt that this channel WILL come to Virgin one way or another, but I am also sure that any announcement/agreement will be almost at the last minute. Sky will want to ride this particular pony for months before they have to let the cat out of the bag that it won't be exclusive to their platform. The fact that they aren't advertising it as such, and that Virgin made an immediate, unprecedented, announcement, point to this being the case.
Lets hope you are right!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 15:29   #315
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Bang on, I said pretty much the same a few pages back last week.
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote