Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 24-10-2015, 17:12   #3061
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Weenie check out the deals on the MS store, i will look for better ones but check the prices and what extra you get like controllers and games, you maybe surprised, don't rush into buying anywhere yet.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...151024161036:s

This looks good and Limited Edition and in stock.

500gb console, 2 games, 2 controllers(1 limited edition) £309.99 http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.311246000

Priced up the deal for you with an external drive.

This limited edition Bundle includes:
500GB Xbox One
Halo: The Master Chief Collection full game download
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless Controller
Wireless Controller and headset
14-day Xbox Live Gold trial**
£309.99

External 2TB hard disk £59.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expa...drive+for+xbox

Grand total = £369.98 so only £20 more than your Argos deal and that is with a 2TB external drive and 1 less game(which i am sure you could get cheap else where) i think it is a steal unless we can find cheaper.

Links to other stuff.
EA Access £20 a year with all full games in the vault free to play (14 at the moment and some are awesome) http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html
Cdkey.com legit site, cheap game digital game keys and memberships. http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games
Old 24-10-2015, 17:28   #3062
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I got the new Xbox One Elite this week, to replace my Day One launch console.

The Elite controller is lovely
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 17:29   #3063
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
I got the new Xbox One Elite this week, to replace my Day One launch console.

The Elite controller is lovely
I heard it was awesome but can't justify paying £150 for a controller considering that is half the price of a console lol.
Old 24-10-2015, 22:50   #3064
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Weenie check out the deals on the MS store, i will look for better ones but check the prices and what extra you get like controllers and games, you maybe surprised, don't rush into buying anywhere yet.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...151024161036:s

This looks good and Limited Edition and in stock.

500gb console, 2 games, 2 controllers(1 limited edition) £309.99 http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.311246000

Priced up the deal for you with an external drive.

This limited edition Bundle includes:
500GB Xbox One
Halo: The Master Chief Collection full game download
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless Controller
Wireless Controller and headset
14-day Xbox Live Gold trial**
£309.99

External 2TB hard disk £59.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expa...drive+for+xbox

Grand total = £369.98 so only £20 more than your Argos deal and that is with a 2TB external drive and 1 less game(which i am sure you could get cheap else where) i think it is a steal unless we can find cheaper.

Links to other stuff.
EA Access £20 a year with all full games in the vault free to play (14 at the moment and some are awesome) http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html
Cdkey.com legit site, cheap game digital game keys and memberships. http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games
Thank you so much I would never have came across this deal in a million years so once again A BIG THANK YOU SnoopZ.
Old 24-10-2015, 23:32   #3065
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Thank you so much I would never have came across this deal in a million years so once again A BIG THANK YOU SnoopZ.
You're welcome the console itself looks like a good price especially with the extra controller and if you get the extra 2TB external it'll keep your son happy, he can buy any other games with his christmas money!

Let me know if you go for this deal or you find something better?

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

You can currently get £36.75 off if you link to the purchase via http://www.topcashback.co.uk/microsoft_store/ offer ends in 2 days though!
Old 24-10-2015, 23:56   #3066
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I heard it was awesome but can't justify paying £150 for a controller considering that is half the price of a console lol.
Yeah, it's pricey on its own, but the console bundle itself is a good deal considering you get the controller plus a 1TB SSHD console. I'd been wanting a new console anyway (my Day One was getting very noisy, and I'm on my 3rd PSU), so thought I may as well go for the Elite.
Old 25-10-2015, 00:28   #3067
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Luckily my console is still silent although I did pay for the 3 year warranty if something goes wonky.
Old 25-10-2015, 09:34   #3068
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah, it's pricey on its own, but the console bundle itself is a good deal considering you get the controller plus a 1TB SSHD console. I'd been wanting a new console anyway (my Day One was getting very noisy, and I'm on my 3rd PSU), so thought I may as well go for the Elite.
I have the elite controller pre-ordered , it's got really good reviews too , hopefully will turn up on Tuesday so I can use it for halo 5
Old 25-10-2015, 11:45   #3069
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

£120 is the cheapest i have seen it in the UK, what did you order yours for?
Old 25-10-2015, 13:40   #3070
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
£120 is the cheapest i have seen it in the UK, what did you order yours for?
£130 from Microsoft store
Old 26-10-2015, 17:36   #3071
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I can't either as I've throw my 2 at the wall many a times, I must control my anger.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Your right he would want a few games with it and they are expensive.
Thanks SnoopZ think I will go with the bundle pack and buy the external drive at a later date as the Bundle contents: •xbox one console with 500gb hard drive •wireless controller •chat headset •hdmi cable •power supply •xbox one wireless controller •the fighter within •killer instinct •halo: the master chief collection. £384.99 whereas the the TB console is £349.99 with no games.
As SnoopZ says I also have a WD 2TB HDD it's easy to install.

I fact I'm planning on getting another one to install 360 games when the backward compatibility is launched.
Old 26-10-2015, 22:03   #3072
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
How is the Elite compared the Day One? I really wish Microsoft would trim it down and allow as to put HDs in.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2015, 11:08   #3073
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The New Xbox Experience dash is set to launch for everyone on November 12th.

Hopefully they will fis the stuttering media issue while playing MKVs by then so i don't have to use my work around.

http://www.neowin.net/news/new-xbox-...is-november-12
Old 27-10-2015, 20:00   #3074
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
How is the Elite compared the Day One? I really wish Microsoft would trim it down and allow as to put HDs in.
It's good, but I agree it'd be nice to have a smaller console!

I also wish that MS would redesign the awful PSU.

I am *very* impressed with the controller, though, more than with the console itself.
Old 27-10-2015, 20:44   #3075
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

What's so good about it? Any improvements if you're not going to be remapping the controls?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote