Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 01-04-2012, 18:54   #76
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

I'm actually looking to get just Sky TV within the next few months as I am starting work with them. If I changed to the Premier collection (which is what I already basically have except for the BB) will I need to take a new contract out on all services or just the Broadband as I am upgrading from 10 to 60MB and none of the other services are changing.
Thanks
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2012, 18:58   #77
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
I'm actually looking to get just Sky TV within the next few months as I am starting work with them. If I changed to the Premier collection (which is what I already basically have except for the BB) will I need to take a new contract out on all services or just the Broadband as I am upgrading from 10 to 60MB and none of the other services are changing.
Thanks
I was told when i called today only my Tv will be subject to a new contract.
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 19:17   #78
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
I was told when i called today only my Tv will be subject to a new contract.
Does not getting the new super hub force the bb in to a new 12 month agreement which you allready did to get the 30Mb/s your on...
I need to know this as well.
Im also trying to avoid this clause..
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 19:40   #79
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDiamond View Post
Does not getting the new super hub force the bb in to a new 12 month agreement which you allready did to get the 30Mb/s your on...
I already had Super Hub and my contract was renewed last year, so i was informed i did not need to renew that.
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 19:47   #80
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I have already replied to this, if you are going to move onto 30Mbit you HAVE to have the superhub as your current modem won't support it.

As to whether you will be put on a new 12 month contract i really can't remember what happened to me when i was upgraded from 20Mbit to 30Mbit, sorry!

Edit

Judging by this post you get on a new contract.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...-new-12-a.html
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 19:54   #81
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Thanks
Just the one you're changing, I think.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 20:41   #82
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
I already had Super Hub and my contract was renewed last year, so i was informed i did not need to renew that.
Cheers for answering my qeustion about the new contract.
so getting super hub will also force the 12 month BB contract extension. boo
SKY fibre does not arrive till later in the year were I am as BT have not replaced the connections in the street yet.
Might have to stick it out on 10Mb/s unless I get lucky and selected for the free upgrade to 60Mb/s thats going around.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:11   #83
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

Does anyone at virgin Media actually know about the new collections, just spent the best part of 30-40 mins on the phone and I don't think I'm being charged right even after that.

I get XL TV, XL phone and XL Broadband, have a V+ box and an extra V box, £13.90 line rental and £6.50 because I have a paper bill and don't pay by direct debit and they are charging me something like £78, apparently this would only be £73 if I had a Tivo, but with £50 install charge.

Just seems a lot higher than it should be and I also don't get why Tivo is cheaper than an older V+ box.

I expected it to be £45 for the Premiere collection, £13.90 for line rental, £6.50 for paper bill/non direct debit and around £5 for talk unlimited instead of talk weekends. That's only around £70.

Also even though my area can get 100Mb apparently they still can't upgrade me to 60Mb even though they put me on the premiere collection.
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:51   #84
Jinxey
cf.member

Services: 150Mb
Jinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enough

Just called Virgin Media on "thinking of leaving", what a waste of space the lady was that I talked too. Explained that I am on 10Mb and that I see new customers are getting 30Mb for the same price and that I wished to upgrade.

The lady claimed that 10meg was the lowest package available and that if I wanted to upgrade any further then I would have to go the 60Mb package which would cost me £5 more and that they can only upgrade me to 30Mb if "like" I took a phone line as well... (Wierd I didn't see that in the announcement).

Didn't even say I could if I paid for a new super hub or went in to a new contract. Would have been more than happy to go into a new contract as mine finished a few months ago. Seeing as infinity shall be here next month it is looking a lot more tempting if the price is right.
Jinxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:06   #85
RealDiamond
Inactive

Yep the current push is to get users on to 60Mb/s for an extra £5 per month.
The 30Mb/s bundle offer loses them money...when the current user changes...

both still have the install fee...£49.95 for super hub.
The web site won't allow upgrade to 30Mb/s so expect the CS computer won't ether with out you moving to the Bundle offer.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:16   #86
Jinxey
cf.member

Jinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yep the current push is to get users on to 60Mb/s for an extra £5 per month.
The 30Mb/s bundle offer loses them money...when the current user changes...

both still have the install fee...£49.95 for super hub.
The web site won't allow upgrade to 30Mb/s so expect the CS computer won't ether with out you moving to the Bundle offer.
If thats the case and I'm out of contract then I might aswell cancel my service and then sign up under the 30Mb plan the next week? Surely it makes sense for them to just change it? Talk about rewarding customer loyalty...
Old 02-04-2012, 12:25   #87
RealDiamond
Inactive

Or try and get a different CS person on the phone that will change the bundle now and get your Super hub ordered.

Or wait and see if they give you the free 60Mb/s upgrade that Some have been reporting Like I am hoping for.
No upgrade in cost per month and no install fee. why don't that mobile ring when you want it to...
Old 02-04-2012, 12:25   #88
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxey View Post
If thats the case and I'm out of contract then I might aswell cancel my service and then sign up under the 30Mb plan the next week? Surely it makes sense for them to just change it? Talk about rewarding customer loyalty...
You can't cancel and then resign right away, you have to be a non VM customer for a set amount of time, something like 3 months i believe, this also applies to most companies like this.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:40   #89
Jinxey
cf.member

Quote:
Or try and get a different CS person on the phone that will change the bundle now and get your Super hub ordered.

Or wait and see if they give you the free 60Mb/s upgrade that Some have been reporting Like I am hoping for.
No upgrade in cost per month and no install fee. why don't that mobile ring when you want it to...
I hadn't heard about the 60Mb upgrade, probably won't ring me as I only subscribe to one of their services mind! Although would be more than happy with that! *Looks at phone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You can't cancel and then resign right away, you have to be a non VM customer for a set amount of time, something like 3 months i believe, this also applies to most companies like this.
Oh, didn't realise that. Don't think I could make it without broadband for three months
Old 02-04-2012, 14:35   #90
RealDiamond
Inactive

Done the phone call Instead of waiting for them to ring at the wrong time.
upgrade to 30Mb/s will now be done on Wed.
wrong bundle for 60Mb/s as I only have M TV.
I have the Phone line included so I will be upgraded to 30Mb/s for free, free install as well.
Edit = Newer Rumour = CS said All 10Mb/s users Will be moved to 30Mb/s at a later date any way so just being moved early.
They could just replace the speed change site to 30Mb/s instead of the 20Mb/ as it is currently then I would not have been bothered.