Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 09-04-2012, 15:28   #166
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Yeah call them up Pieman, you should be able to go onto the deal mentioned above and probably keep the V+ as the 2nd box instead of them changing it for a VHD box
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2012, 18:11   #167
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

yes you can keep the V+ box although VM are phasing these out and only supplying VHD and Tivo boxes now.
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 18:48   #168
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

And, of course, the VHD can (as I understand it) also take the Tivo software as a download. Which I think is a brilliant idea. Then the VHD can do everything the Tivo can except actually record. And with the reminder function on the way, this will be most useful on the VHD boxes
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:49   #169
mdnl
Inactive

Services: 30MB XLTV Tivo 500gb M Phone
mdnl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnl View Post
Before I ring up and ask for the new Premier Collection, would anyone like to advise me if I can move onto it.

My current package

BB 30 (after early speed increase)
TV XL
Tivo 500gb
Line Rental

Your package total £64.90 (£51+£13.90)

What I am looking to do is either - Move to Premier with 60mb for £58.90

or Move to Premier with 100mb for £66.15.

Ideally I'd like to go onto the 100mb offer and pay only £2 more than I currently do but triple my BB speeds but I am reading on here about 'network capacity'?

I should add they hooked me on a new 12 month only last month as they offered me the speed upgrade early, will this affect anything?

Any advice is appreciated.
Sorry for the bump, seems this has been missed, any help is appreciated.
mdnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:54   #170
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
And, of course, the VHD can (as I understand it) also take the Tivo software as a download. Which I think is a brilliant idea. Then the VHD can do everything the Tivo can except actually record. And with the reminder function on the way, this will be most useful on the VHD boxes
There is already a reminder function on the VHD carl you know.
Old 09-04-2012, 20:21   #171
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Yes, I know.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19   #172
mdnl
Inactive

Before I ring up and ask for the new Premier Collection, would anyone like to advise me if I can move onto it.

My current package

BB 30 (after early speed increase)
TV XL
Tivo 500gb
Line Rental

Your package total £64.90 (£51+£13.90)

What I am looking to do is either - Move to Premier with 60mb for £58.90

or Move to Premier with 100mb for £66.15.

Ideally I'd like to go onto the 100mb offer and pay only £2 more than I currently do but triple my BB speeds but I am reading on here about 'network capacity'?

I should add they hooked me on a new 12 month only last month as they offered me the speed upgrade early, will this affect anything?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 10-04-2012, 14:36   #173
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point

Well spoke to them myself now, doesn't seem too appealing for myself.

Currently on XL everything along with loyalty bonus' which comes to £56 each month, with one V+ HD box and no TiVO.

Spoke to them about the Premiere deal, but changing it to suit my needs, only difference being that instead of weekend calls i wanted all day.

XL TV, XL phone + 60mb broadband + TiVO 500 + V+ HD = £66.90

When i asked about the 100mb instead it bumped upto £77. I forgot to ask if this was with or without loyalty discounts which i have upto now, seems to be without though.

Not very appealing though as i said as it would effectively be £10 or so just to change from the weekend phone package to allday.
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:05   #174
mdnl
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
Well spoke to them myself now, doesn't seem too appealing for myself.

Currently on XL everything along with loyalty bonus' which comes to £56 each month, with one V+ HD box and no TiVO.

Spoke to them about the Premiere deal, but changing it to suit my needs, only difference being that instead of weekend calls i wanted all day.

XL TV, XL phone + 60mb broadband + TiVO 500 + V+ HD = £66.90

When i asked about the 100mb instead it bumped upto £77. I forgot to ask if this was with or without loyalty discounts which i have upto now, seems to be without though.

Not very appealing though as i said as it would effectively be £10 or so just to change from the weekend phone package to allday.

I'm just off the phone to them myself, the guy didn't even know you could get Premier +100MB, his number was like £78 for that.

I had to actually tell him to check the Virgin website to see the deal which comes to £66.15.

I tried to tell the guy I don't want the installation as I have a superhub and a Tivo box but after a few holds I agreed to let them send the guy out, I'll be watching the guy though and asking him what he's done to the line, if the answer is nothing I'll be phoning up to get my £49.99 back.
Old 10-04-2012, 15:14   #175
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point

I really don't think they know too much about them, when i spoke to them earlier i had to clarify the pricing because "sometimes it doesn't add everything".

But i'm totally confused as to the pricing now though.

As i say i'm on XL TV, Phone and broadband (30mb going upto 60mb) which is £55 all inclusive... But speaking to them with the only difference being having the "free" TiVO box and going instantly onto 60mb broadband (Which again, will be a free upgrade for my area next year) ends up costing an extra £10?

The website isn't great either though in honesty, it doesn't take into account you want such and such and ends up charging you full whack for that anyway.
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:27   #176
mdnl
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
I really don't think they know too much about them, when i spoke to them earlier i had to clarify the pricing because "sometimes it doesn't add everything".

But i'm totally confused as to the pricing now though.

As i say i'm on XL TV, Phone and broadband (30mb going upto 60mb) which is £55 all inclusive... But speaking to them with the only difference being having the "free" TiVO box and going instantly onto 60mb broadband (Which again, will be a free upgrade for my area next year) ends up costing an extra £10?

The website isn't great either though in honesty, it doesn't take into account you want such and such and ends up charging you full whack for that anyway.
The guy seemed like he was charging me the £58 for the Premier then adding £20 for the 100MB, I couldn't believe I actually had to tell him to check what the website says.

He came back with 'You're right there is a 100mb offer too'
Old 11-04-2012, 16:37   #177
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Phoned Virgin yesterday regarding VIP Collection Package.
First thing first, they wanted me to pay for the installation costs.

Which i informed them that i had been a long serving customer and i see that you are offering free installs to new customers and that a person that lives two doors down got a call from Virgin themselves giving them improved services including the TIVO box with free install.

The person on the other end agreed and said that you will not be charged for the install, we will remove that from your next bill.

They allowed us to keep the V+ box and just to change the standard box for the TIVO box, He also mentioned that the modem would need to be changed to a Superhub. He booked everything for the 19th March.

I am just wondering if two different people will come in order to change the box over to a Tivo box and another one to change the modem over to a Superhub?

Also will Virgin provide a HDMI cable or is it best to have a spare laying around just incase they do not provide one?

Also how long does it take normally for the HD sky sports/movies to get added onto your Package?
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 17:17   #178
kafui
Inactive

Services: Services:Virgin Media XL Broadband,500GB TiVo box, XL TV and M Phone
kafui is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacmillaN View Post
Phoned Virgin yesterday regarding VIP Collection Package.
First thing first, they wanted me to pay for the installation costs.

Which i informed them that i had been a long serving customer and i see that you are offering free installs to new customers and that a person that lives two doors down got a call from Virgin themselves giving them improved services including the TIVO box with free install.

The person on the other end agreed and said that you will not be charged for the install, we will remove that from your next bill.

They allowed us to keep the V+ box and just to change the standard box for the TIVO box, He also mentioned that the modem would need to be changed to a Superhub. He booked everything for the 19th March.

I am just wondering if two different people will come in order to change the box over to a Tivo box and another one to change the modem over to a Superhub?

Also will Virgin provide a HDMI cable or is it best to have a spare laying around just incase they do not provide one?

Also how long does it take normally for the HD sky sports/movies to get added onto your Package?
From the experience i had the same engineer sent out will setup your Internet/superhub and test power levels, check your phone line thats its in full working order and make sure all XL TV packages and HD sports and movies are working on your Tivo Box on the the of activation.
Please note though that when the engineer is setting up the Tivo it take a while to configure as it has to be registered with the server in America i think.

If you already have an HDMI cable then thats handy if not the engineer will supply one from stock they keep in the van.
Hope this helps.
kafui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 17:32   #179
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply kafui
I thought the HD Sports/Movies would already have been activated so they could be viewed on the current V+ box within the house.
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 19:46   #180
kafui
Inactive

Services: Services:Virgin Media XL Broadband,500GB TiVo box, XL TV and M Phone
kafui is an unknown quantity at this point

@ MacmillaN Technically yes but if the V+ is an old version which is not HD activated you will not be receiving the HD channels even if its activated by virginmedia; the equipment must be HD compliant.
kafui is offline   Reply With Quote