Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Red Button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Red Button

Old 27-04-2012, 15:13   #166
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: BBC Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
Where as on here the majority are quite happy to but up with a half baked system and pay an extra £5 to do so,best not wake them up eh!!
Half baked it may be in your mind but imcomparable compared to any other STB on the market.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
And we wonder why people do not post on here that much now
No they have took their grumps and groans elsewhere it seems.
Old 27-04-2012, 15:29   #167
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Where as on here the majority are quite happy to but up with a half baked system and pay an extra £5 to do so,best not wake them up eh!!
Well, Tivo is fully baked for me. I have no use for the things that are missing (which are being implemented) and the large numger of features that are on tivo that are missing from V+, I have masses of use for.

And, I only pay £3 in total for both Tivos (pays to be an early adopter some times!)
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 15:38   #168
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l see you know how to link now then.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Yes but you are forgetting one thing my dear chap and that BBC are wholly responsible for putting out the BBC sports app and that includes what content is available on there at present.

Didnt know I had ! its a cut & past from my bookmarks !

For the life of me I can not think were I saw it .Maybe on Virgin forums a reply from BBC blaming Virgin. Something along the lines it all on the Web to get, not there fault if Tivo cant
And anyway its not me complaining this time. I`ve given up on decent red button services on TiVo & put freeview & Tivo into one set switch as required

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well, Tivo is fully baked for me. I have no use for the things that are missing (which are being implemented) and the large numger of features that are on tivo that are missing from V+, I have masses of use for.
Other way round for me but thats life

And, I only pay £3 in total for both Tivos (pays to be an early adopter some times!)
They pay me £10.50 a month to have it late adopter
Old 27-04-2012, 15:46   #169
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post

They pay me £10.50 a month to have it late adopter
Now, that's just bragging Good get though!
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 16:51   #170
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

at why i gone to sky i no were i am and what i am getting with sky virgin done with me from this weekend so no more virgin i had sky put in on monday
ken1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 16:56   #171
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
at why i gone to sky i no were i am and what i am getting with sky virgin done with me from this weekend so no more virgin i had sky put in on monday

Eh?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:10   #172
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Ken mate you have been a good poster on this forum and you will be missed when you go to the dark side. Hope to see you back here soon mate
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:25   #173
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
What's the staff incentive scheme like at Virgin? Ken strikes me as the sort of person that would have stayed had they made just a crumb of effort, even if it was just taking the time to explain things properly. I fear that Sky's channel line up means it will always be difficult to tempt customer's back once they've made the jump, but that's probably not true in reverse meaning customer service is all important, particularly for those able to get decent adsl broadband speeds. Shame.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:33   #174
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

i had big row if virgin run out today and i know what comeing and it not a lot i no is i worked for them .
Old 27-04-2012, 18:02   #175
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
i had big row if virgin run out today and i know what comeing and it not a lot i no is i worked for them .

Im sorry mate, and please don't take this the wrong way, but i cannot comprehend what you have just written above, could you explain it a bit better?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 18:09   #176
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

means that he had a huge row with Virgin. He knows what is coming up from them and it's not a great deal. he knows this because he worked for them. I think.
Old 27-04-2012, 18:26   #177
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Personally i got a good deal to swap to TiVo free install and activation,keep my V+ box for free multiroom and a £7 a month discount applied for two years,which more then covers any TiVo fee so i am quite happy at the moment,particularly now red button is being implimented on sky sports.
Old 27-04-2012, 18:52   #178
ken1234
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Im sorry mate, and please don't take this the wrong way, but i cannot comprehend what you have just written above, could you explain it a bit better?
ok mate there a lot off cut back there you got me now ?
Old 06-06-2012, 14:11   #179
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

When are supposed to be getting more TiVo red button content from the BBC sports app?.
Old 06-06-2012, 14:23   #180
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
When are supposed to be getting more TiVo red button content from the BBC sports app?.
We will have Euros starting on Friday (which I guess not have much red button use) but then the biggy is Wimbledon.
If like last year we still don't have the red button features for Wimbledon I think you will see a hell of a lot of people complaining unlike last year when it was just the early adopters
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote