Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:02   #1561
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Haven't had a call yet - but amazingly the world hasn't ended.
Watched TV last night - still worked without TIVO!!
To be honest if it comes March April June - not really bothered.
Mind with the hike in prices for VIP - might reconsider the whole package!
http://www.virginmediapeople.com/pri...fault.aspx#top
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12   #1562
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
Of course, with any pre-registration process there will always be people who opt not to progress. That means others will then benefit.
Just a total guess but maybe they call those who are nearest the end of their contracts or something like that. I base that purely as I received the call and am very near the end of the contract but i'm merely speculating. Who knows!

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Haven't had a call yet - but amazingly the world hasn't ended.
Watched TV last night - still worked without TIVO!!
To be honest if it comes March April June - not really bothered.
Mind with the hike in prices for VIP - might reconsider the whole package!
How much is VIP going up?

I'm very concerned that my phone will cost £23.74 from April for line, calls and cli. That seems way more expensive than the competition.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:15   #1563
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
How much is VIP going up?
£3.15
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17   #1564
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I'm still waiting for my call. There are loads of conflicting stories about the methods though.

Some are saying that there are only 5000 available, apparently @virginmedia has said that all 20,000 pre registrations are getting calls, some saying it's still only S1 owners getting calls?

Are normal customers now getting calls - ie those on VIP or XL packages already? I know I'm very impatient but I just want the call!

I'll go back to sleep now
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20   #1565
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I'm still waiting for my call. There are loads of conflicting stories about the methods though.

Some are saying that there are only 5000 available, apparently @virginmedia has said that all 20,000 pre registrations are getting calls, some saying it's still only S1 owners getting calls?

Are normal customers now getting calls - ie those on VIP or XL packages already? I know I'm very impatient but I just want the call!

Trust me mate there aren't many getting calls most of the people on here will have pre registered early and there's about two I know of who have had calls Mersey70 and Tweedie I think.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:21   #1566
mersey70
Inactive

mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
£3.15
For us XL is up £1, the phone 75p and L BB 75p so not much more then really.

My word the phone is dear though, it was anyway but seems mad to cost nearly £24 but there you go.

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Trust me mate there aren't many getting calls most of the people on here will have pre registered early and there's about two I know of who have had calls Mersey70 and Tweedie I think.
I feel guilty as I don't even want it, he was only on the phone very briefly though so didn't delay them much!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24   #1567
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
For us XL is up £1, the phone 75p and L BB 75p so not much more then really.

My word the phone is dear though, it was anyway but seems mad to cost nearly £24 but there you go.

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

I feel guilty as I don't even want it, he was only on the phone very briefly though so didn't delay them much!
I'm on L phone and it's now going to 12.99 line rental and 4.00 L pack so 16.99 for evening and weekend calls , bit to steep if you ask me.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:25   #1568
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post

I know confusing isn't it.

I'm thinking at this point there must have been so many installs booked in that it's going to be March/April even if you get a call (which i'm thinking I won't). The main reason i'm in such a rush is that my box has so many problems now that it's becoming unusable.

Looks like I might need a new box BEFORE i get a TiVo.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:25   #1569
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
I'm on L phone and it's now going to 12.99 line rental and 4.00 L pack so 16.99 for evening and weekend calls , bit to steep if you ask me.
Actually from April the line is going up to £13.74!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:26   #1570
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Actually from April the line is going up to £13.74!!
I thought it was 12.24 now
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27   #1571
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
I thought it was 12.24 now
It just went up to £12.99 didn't it?

Confused.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:28   #1572
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Mind doesn't show VIP prices
Originally VM web site was showing a price increase of around £12.00
until I read Ben's post on VIP
Must read all posts before posting
WRITE OUT 100 TIMES
Ouch !!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:29   #1573
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It just went up to £12.99 didn't it?

Confused.
No the VAT increased it from £11.99 to £12.24, then it April it goes to £12.99 (which is factored into the total £3.15 increase in VIP)

The prices on the website won't be charged to existing customers until April, but due to bill cycles they have to be quoted now
Old 03-02-2011, 10:31   #1574
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No the VAT increased it from £11.99 to £12.24, then it April it goes to £12.99 (which is factored into the total £3.15 increase in VIP)

The prices on the website won't be charged to existing customers until April, but due to bill cycles they have to be quoted now
Cheers, that is a bit better then. Ta.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:34   #1575
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Just checked and L phone will cost me 12.99 + 4.00 total = £16.99 with Sky line rental is £11.25 and evening weekend calls are free
Closed Thread