Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 17:53   #1531
jonny1983
Inactive

Services: virgin media XL TV V+ HD , 10 meg
jonny1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TiVo

had install yesterday (just moved back to vm from sky) and asked about TIVO guy said hadnt heard much about TIVO, and had no training for it yet. then spoke to cs and asked if i could get TIVO (on the off chance) they told me TIVO not available in my area was probably going to be march
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2011, 17:55   #1532
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny1983 View Post
had install yesterday (just moved back to vm from sky) and asked about TIVO guy said hadnt heard much about TIVO, and had no training for it yet. then spoke to cs and asked if i could get TIVO (on the off chance) they told me TIVO not available in my area was probably going to be march
That's the next phase after the initial 5000
Old 02-02-2011, 18:07   #1533
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What's the issue? 500 are the initial staff TiVo boxes and majority of the others will be other staff and all the beta trial boxes.

You aren't missing out, your time will come.
Check out my profile! I'm 65!
Old 02-02-2011, 18:13   #1534
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny1983 View Post
Existing customer who registered are first, then new customers later on.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Check out my profile! I'm 65!
isn't that the new 55
Old 02-02-2011, 18:14   #1535
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Existing customer who registered are first, then new customers later on.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

isn't that the new 55
Apparently only 5000 of them picked at random
Old 02-02-2011, 18:17   #1536
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Apparently only 5000 of them picked at random
I'd take that as mere hearsay to be honest, unless there's a reliable official source to quote on that.
Old 02-02-2011, 18:20   #1537
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
I'd take that as mere hearsay to be honest, unless there's a reliable official source to quote on that.
Came from execs office so I'd say pretty reliable.
Old 02-02-2011, 18:23   #1538
whizzard
Inactive

whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Quote:
Came from execs office so I'd say pretty reliable.
Obviously S1 TiVo owners are first, and they have said existing customers first, new customers later, and I think its safe to say that those on the higher packages will stand more of a chance
Old 02-02-2011, 18:24   #1539
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: TiVo

Can someone explain where the S1 TiVo owners come into the picture please? I take it that there was a TiVo box available some years ago from (one of) the predecessors of Virgin Media. Are these boxes still 'live' and still being supported and updated by VM? It seems from what I've read that the existing owners of these boxes do not have to be on XL or above to use them. Are they just being used for the PVR functionality?
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 02-02-2011, 18:28   #1540
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
Can someone explain where the S1 TiVo owners come into the picture please? I take it that there was a TiVo box available some years ago from (one of) the predecessors of Virgin Media. Are these boxes still 'live' and still being supported and updated by VM? It seems from what I've read that the existing owners of these boxes do not have to be on XL or above to use them. Are they just being used for the PVR functionality?
On the TiVo community site some have TIVO booked and were on M+ TV pack and have had to upgrade to XL what happened to rewarding XL and VIP customers.
Old 02-02-2011, 18:36   #1541
whizzard
Inactive

Quote:
On the TiVo community site some have TIVO booked and were on M+ TV pack and have had to upgrade to XL what happened to rewarding XL and VIP customers.
You eager VIPs shall join the field of dreams soon enough
Old 02-02-2011, 18:40   #1542
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
You eager VIPs shall join the field of dreams soon enough
Got to confess mate I'm only an XL sub but I do believe it should be VIP pre reg followed by XL pre reg , whatever happens I'm looking forward to getting it at some point probably April now.
Old 02-02-2011, 18:40   #1543
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I'm sorry you don't believe me

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Due to DPA issues, we can't get involved in account/install issues on here, but post on our Community Forum and a member of staff from 2nd line will chase this up if they can.

It's one of those things we can't get involved with.

cheers
Posted on community page but got an out of office response from person Im dealing with CEO office and on holiday until Monday. Dont want a replacement box to have to change it again
Old 02-02-2011, 18:54   #1544
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: TiVo

I did register my interest in TiVo some time ago and, as a long standing XL customer, I expect that I will get a call. Does anyone know what the caller id. will be so that I know it's "the call" when it comes?

I've been getting some calls on my VM line lately with weird invalid numbers, which I believe are part of an overseas scam, and some "Withheld" numbers but I have known genuine call centres to display an incorrect caller id. in the past.

I hope that I haven't been ignoring "the call" because of the caller id.!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 02-02-2011, 18:59   #1545
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Is anyone able to confirm whether or not non Tivo S1 owners are getting called. A post on Tivo Community may suggest otherwise:

"I have just got signed up and who I spoke to did seem to suggest they were only calling Series 1 Tivo owners at the moment.
Seems if you missed a call Monday you may get the call tonight"
Closed Thread