Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 16:56   #1516
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice
Re: TiVo

I spoke to one of the tivo team today as his direct number was posted elsewhere. He said he could not take an order from me directly as he has to follow the list. He did say it's a small team but they are getting through the list well and if I don't get a call tomorrow it will definitely be the day after... So don't panic just yet people!
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2011, 17:03   #1517
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

That is good to hear. I had heard that they weren't accepting incoming calls regarding it. We've just got to be patient I guess. This is where having two mobiles and the landline listed on our VM account could cause problems. I'm not at home to receive a call on my landline and the misses' mobile gets no signal in her office!

Hmmmm, I live in hope!
Old 02-02-2011, 17:07   #1518
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Sorry DF but I find that hard to believe. Judging by the posts on this forum, apart from a couple of doubtful ones, it seems that the only calls are going to TivoS1 owners.
I was only kidding. My line is silent.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:07   #1519
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
That is good to hear. I had heard that they weren't accepting incoming calls regarding it. We've just got to be patient I guess. This is where having two mobiles and the landline listed on our VM account could cause problems. I'm not at home to receive a call on my landline and the misses' mobile gets no signal in her office!

Hmmmm, I live in hope!
She should be at home looking after the house and then she would not need a mobile and she would be available to answer the phone.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:07   #1520
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Stop messing with our heads!
At least they are now calling customers
Old 02-02-2011, 17:09   #1521
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Seems they are installing now - TiVo Community Forum
Old 02-02-2011, 17:10   #1522
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

I see that one of the S1 owners has already had his installed and he's loving it.

[edit] ozsat got there first [/edit]
Old 02-02-2011, 17:15   #1523
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post

Hmmmm, I live in hope!
The number that shows up on caller ID doesn't accept incoming calls but one of the team called Dexter had his direct number posted, I bet the poor guy has had lots of calls!

I find it bad that some people have had two calls, one i know of had signed up on the first call and still was called a second time... some of us are waiting for the first call! I really don't think this was organised very well, it should be a first come first served thing, not a random auto-dialler for the sales guys...
Old 02-02-2011, 17:23   #1524
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone in the Manchester area had a call yet?
Old 02-02-2011, 17:27   #1525
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

People are missing the point here , I was told by the execs office that 5000 were being installed then the next phase would be End of March if all went well with the first 5000 , there were around 20000 had pre registered there interest so by my reckoning that 15000 who have to wait until March or after.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:38   #1526
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

From a quick gander at the system today there was over 1500 tivos live on the network
Old 02-02-2011, 17:39   #1527
Chase
Inactive

Services: V+/20 Meg/XL TV
Chase is on a distinguished roadChase is on a distinguished road

Damn - Scart disabled when HD enabled
Old 02-02-2011, 17:41   #1528
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
From a quick gander at the system today there was over 1500 tivos live on the network
What!
Old 02-02-2011, 17:52   #1529
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What!
Remember, most are staff.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:52   #1530
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What!
What's the issue? 500 are the initial staff TiVo boxes and majority of the others will be other staff and all the beta trial boxes.

You aren't missing out, your time will come.