Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:16   #1486
davidthornton
Inactive

davidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nice
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
You should have made them take it.. you're now responsible for disposal of it, which now cost ££.. That's why they don't want to take it.
I don't see how it'd cost him anything. If I had an old television to dispose of, I'd drop it off at the tip when I drive to the gym and they don't charge me for doing this. Why would disposing of an old STB cost anything, if the supplier didn't want it back?

(page 100!)
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2011, 12:17   #1487
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin won't ask for STBs back unless the full TV service is disconnected. Until then they would prefer you to keep hold of the box in case you want to reconnect it

However I would not throw it away as it would be charged to replace if they didn't get it back if you did disconnect the TV completely

If you don't want it, then phone them back and they will arrange for it to be picked up
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38   #1488
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
You should have made them take it.. you're now responsible for disposal of it, which now cost ££.. That's why they don't want to take it.
Nope, just need to leave it in the home electrical section at the local recycling centre.

Boz
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40   #1489
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthornton View Post
I don't see how it'd cost him anything. If I had an old television to dispose of, I'd drop it off at the tip when I drive to the gym and they don't charge me for doing this. Why would disposing of an old STB cost anything, if the supplier didn't want it back?

(page 100!)
No need to do that! Just come round to our street and leave it in the back alley along with all the mattress's, monitors, fridges and TV sets.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40   #1490
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin won't ask for STBs back unless the full TV service is disconnected. Until then they would prefer you to keep hold of the box in case you want to reconnect it

However I would not throw it away as it would be charged to replace if they didn't get it back if you did disconnect the TV completely

If you don't want it, then phone them back and they will arrange for it to be picked up
That's a good point, I'll hang on to it just in case I do want to reconnect. Anyway, this is all a bit of topic, surely someone by now has VM TiVo installed?!?!

Boz
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43   #1491
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
yes, the team are still calling customers.
Sorry DF but I find that hard to believe. Judging by the posts on this forum, apart from a couple of doubtful ones, it seems that the only calls are going to TivoS1 owners.
Old 02-02-2011, 13:01   #1492
Rattus
Inactive

Rattus will become famous soon enoughRattus will become famous soon enoughRattus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Nope, just need to leave it in the home electrical section at the local recycling centre.

Boz
That's the point though, you have to take it down the recycling centre, spending your time and money on getting it there.

If VM dispose of it, it actually costs them alot. Which is why they would rather you did it.

The way VM go on you'd have though we all had unlimited storage space, i just have a totally unused box upstairs in a cupboard because they refused to install VIP unless i physically took a box i had absolutely no use for.. crazy stuff.
Old 02-02-2011, 13:15   #1493
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

From snippets posted on here, thought we were talking of 4 staff ringing 5000 lucky customers, that is going to take some time but there is also a limit of trained staff to install so expect this to continue for weeks not a few days IMHO.
Old 02-02-2011, 14:02   #1494
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Are the people who are getting phone calls just on XL TV or have any VIP customers got the call as well?
Old 02-02-2011, 14:04   #1495
indie1982
Inactive

Services: M Phone, XL BB, XL TV and 2 SA V+
indie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enough

VM just said on Twitter that "Calls have started, there's a lot to get through though!".

I wonder if they'll get through the pre-reg and then officially announce availability?
Old 02-02-2011, 14:05   #1496
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

I've been called twice and declined both times
Old 02-02-2011, 14:08   #1497
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

As said earlier, if it is 4 staff ringing the first 5000 who may not be at home or available to take a call, then that will take time! Don't panic even if you don't get a call in February! Somebody has to be first and somebody has to be the last to be called, even out of the initial batch.
Old 02-02-2011, 14:30   #1498
Dean Ashton
cf.member

Services: VIP50 + TiVo
Dean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really nice

I guess I just hope that they'll call the mobile number when I registered my interest in the website, or use the email address I also provided.

I've got next to no chance of being in during 'normal' working hours on my VM landline...
Old 02-02-2011, 14:44   #1499
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ashton View Post
I guess I just hope that they'll call the mobile number when I registered my interest in the website, or use the email address I also provided.

I've got next to no chance of being in during 'normal' working hours on my VM landline...
Same here!
Old 02-02-2011, 15:21   #1500
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
yes, the team are still calling customers.
DF/Ben Mcr/Masque: I've got an issue and not sure if you guys can help.Been having various ongoing issues with service (TV/Internet) as well as poor customer service for last 3 years and registered several complaints to the point I took up to CEO office last year. As a settlement (and the fact have a faulty SA V+ box) got offered a deal on TiVo as way of resolving the issues we have had and swap TiVo with faulty box. Last week I spoke to the person Ive been dealing with in CEO office they told me would be contact personally in early Feb re: install date. Problem is my box has constantly playing up (no service for several hours last week) and told them this last week and there response was above. Since then had more problems with the box and I reached out to them yesterday but have yet to get a response. Also asked that we contacted via email or mobile rather than landline from installation date (has been no messages) as in and out of house.

A little concerned as thought we would been priority to get installation due to the problem and previous issues.

Dont want to go into full details about what Ive been offered on here or person's name (dont want them harassed for the same offer and effecting what our deal is) would prefer to speak about it offline with one of you (DM) if possible?
Closed Thread