Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 16:49   #556
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't know about that, seems accurate to me. As for cheapening the debate, must say Damien is very patient and factual unlike some others ! Some posters and Trump supporters seem so one eyed, this thread is becoming a bit pointless.
You must fit in to the 'some others !' category then.
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2017, 13:57   #557
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

This is an interesting pro-Trump article from Michael J Boskin, professor of economics at Stanford University and senior fellow at the Hoover Institution. Puts the current state of the administration into perspective. Even PassingBat may approve of it if he disregards the headline
https://www.theguardian.com/business...akes-president
Old 02-03-2017, 14:08   #558
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Even PassingBat may approve of it if he disregards the headline
Quote:
Always best for us forum members play the ball and not the man, old bean.
Sigh.

At last, a link with balance
Old 02-03-2017, 14:43   #559
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Sigh.

At last, a link with balance

The Grauniad readers don't like it though. I know, that really is a shock!

I think, with Trump, they are dealing with a different kind off President than the others mentioned. He has the Heartland of America behind him, and like Brexit supporters here, they have a tremendous passion and won't be happy if it is stopped by the establishment. Trumps brashness and bullishness is going to be important in this, and why I think is the man chosen for this time. Pushing through the agenda he has would not work under another leader.
Old 02-03-2017, 19:39   #560
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The Grauniad readers don't like it though. I know, that really is a shock!

I think, with Trump, they are dealing with a different kind off President than the others mentioned. He has the Heartland of America behind him, and like Brexit supporters here, they have a tremendous passion and won't be happy if it is stopped by the establishment. Trumps brashness and bullishness is going to be important in this, and why I think is the man chosen for this time. Pushing through the agenda he has would not work under another leader.
Indeed! Exciting times
Old 02-03-2017, 21:20   #561
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39148114
Quote:
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to step aside from FBI inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in US election
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 02-03-2017, 21:41   #562
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

'Step aside', very good of him. He's outright lied about taking to the Russians. If he'd been a Democrat he'd have been in jail by now. Early days for the Donald but lies/corruption seem to be a consistent theme in his administration.
Old 02-03-2017, 22:17   #563
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I have not seen no lies or corruption, you really need to get out of cuckoo land Mr K.

Sessions has done nothing wrong, even House Speaker Paul Ryan says the same : I find it hilarious this hypocrisy of the Democrats calling for him to go but not one of then uttered a word when Bill Clinton spoke with Obama's AG when he met with them on back of a plane, days before an FBI Investigation report into Hillary's private email server use was to be concluded.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:43   #564
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I have not seen no lies or corruption, you really need to get out of cuckoo land Mr K.

Sessions has done nothing wrong, even House Speaker Paul Ryan says the same : I find it hilarious this hypocrisy of the Democrats calling for him to go but not one of then uttered a word when Bill Clinton spoke with Obama's AG when he met with them on back of a plane, days before an FBI Investigation report into Hillary's private email server use was to be concluded.
So you think that lying to congress is doing nothing wrong ,even Republicans where telling him to recuse himself and Trump even tweeted that "He could have stated his response more accurately" (that must be Trump speak for "he shouldn't have lied his ass off")

Old 03-03-2017, 09:43   #565
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So you think that lying to congress is doing nothing wrong ,even Republicans where telling him to recuse himself and Trump even tweeted that "He could have stated his response more accurately" (that must be Trump speak for "he shouldn't have lied his ass off")
I was not talking about that, I was talking about him having two separate discussions with a Russian Ambassador. He did not speak to them in a 'Campaign Capacity'. He is a Senator and it's apparently normal to engage with the Worlds various Countries Ambassadors from time to time.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:50   #566
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Blowing things a bit out of proportion aren't we.

He said that he meant that he hadn't seen the Russian Ambassador as part of the Trump presidential campaign.

Sessions met with the ambassador in an official capacity as a member of the Senate armed services committee

Quote:
While the committee was considering his nomination, the panel’s top Democrat, Senator Patrick Leahy, also raised the issue of communications with Russia in a written questionnaire.

“Several of the president-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties,” Leahy wrote, before asking Sessions point-blank: “Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?”

“No,” Sessions responded.
He answered a very specific question.
Old 03-03-2017, 14:48   #567
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

What could possibly go wrong? Trump continues to increase the size of the Washington swamp as he gives into the gun industry lobby.

Donald Trump axes Barack Obama rule stopping mentally ill people buying guns
Old 03-03-2017, 15:08   #568
RizzyKing

It was bad legislation Andrew a number of my friends who are not rabid 2nd amendment supporters criticised it as being far too general in it's terms. I can't say i follow US politics that closely but over general terms was a thing obama did often and we can only wait and see what donald replaces it with as it is going to be replaced.

Old 03-03-2017, 15:34   #569
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
It was bad legislation Andrew a number of my friends who are not rabid 2nd amendment supporters criticised it as being far too general in it's terms. I can't say i follow US politics that closely but over general terms was a thing obama did often and we can only wait and see what donald replaces it with as it is going to be replaced.
Seems daft to repeal it with nothing in its place to prevent the mentally ill from buying heavy weaponry. This will not make me feel safer on my next trip to the States.
Old 03-03-2017, 15:46   #570
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
What could possibly go wrong? Trump continues to increase the size of the Washington swamp as he gives into the gun industry lobby.

Donald Trump axes Barack Obama rule stopping mentally ill people buying guns
If I recall that went to a vote and Some Democrats voted for it to be Axed as well / changed. I have said previously don't get the Gun obsession in The US but the gun lobby group in the US, NRA very powerful advocates of Second Amendment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/o...guns.html?_r=0
Closed Thread