Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 19-11-2012, 14:06   #1276
sminkypinky
Inactive

Services: VIP50, Tivo arrived 18th April.
sminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Not giving out our account password to her to sign into it when away.
BenMcr posted on this thread (I think) instructions on how to set up an extra user account. That account can then be tailored to whatever access level you want to give. You can have up to 5 users IIRC.
sminkypinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2012, 14:12   #1277
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminkypinky View Post
BenMcr posted on this thread (I think) instructions on how to set up an extra user account. That account can then be tailored to whatever access level you want to give. You can have up to 5 users IIRC.
That only works on the website (although there is currently a technical issue with sub accounts at the moment)

The app currently needs the primary account to sign in
Old 19-11-2012, 14:44   #1278
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice

Do any of the testers know if there are likely to be any additional streaming channels made available any time soon?
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 14:44   #1279
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Will that change Ben so we have a bit more security using the app amongst family members?
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 15:03   #1280
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy View Post
Do any of the testers know if there are likely to be any additional streaming channels made available any time soon?
As mentioned many previous times, the Sky basic channels that are on the website will be coming to the app sooner rather than later as they are mentioned in the press release, but that's the only additions that have been mentioned

Quote:
Will that change Ben so we have a bit more security using the app amongst family members?
Haven't a clue, I'm sure VM will communicate via the Forum etc when updates are being made

However as most of the app is around TiVo, then I'm not sure how well it would work with those functions disabled (as only the Primary account can access TiVo recordings etc)
Old 19-11-2012, 15:11   #1281
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Not giving out our account password to her to sign into it when away.
Of course But then it's not like she's a stranger. Well, okay. She may be strange. I wouldn't know

I would personally love to see the app ported to the PC as I much prefer it to the website.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55   #1282
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The iOS app is getting an update http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...te/m-p/1605120

Quote:
We will be making an update to the TV Anywhere iOS application available from 10am today. This may take up to 24 hours to fully roll out across Apple's App Store.

This update brings compatability fixes for the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. The application will now fully support both display resolutions.
Old 11-12-2012, 19:25   #1283
ilovehd
Inactive

Services: Vm xl tv, tivo, sports+movies, 100mb bb, xl phone, galaxy note
ilovehd is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys if you update your app on a jail broken iOS devise you will lose the streaming service on your iPad/iPhone just updated it and lost this service, has any one got a link to the 1st version of the app so I can re-install it through installous?
ilovehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:08   #1284
Jameseh

Quote:
This update brings compatability fixes for the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. The application will now fully support both display resolutions.
Amazing how Virgin are the only one who has updated for a resolution that Apple have used since 2010.
Old 11-12-2012, 21:00   #1285
BrightonJohn
Inactive

Services: NTL
BrightonJohn is on a distinguished roadBrightonJohn is on a distinguished road

Twice now after using the app away from home both this and the previous version the app has refused to reconnect to my network until I have turned the ipad off and then on again. I mean completely off and so this is quite annoying.
BrightonJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:38   #1286
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the Tivo with the Ipad app since the super hub gots its new software update this afternoon?

This surely is not coincidental.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:13   #1287
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
Is anyone else having problems connecting to the Tivo with the Ipad app since the super hub gots its new software update this afternoon?

This surely is not coincidental.
I am having problems connecting tonight. I don't know anything about a Superhub update.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:28   #1288
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I am having problems connecting tonight. I don't know anything about a Superhub update.

Super hubs are getting new software, check if you've had R37 version yet, my problems seemed to have started with this update, unless there's something else going on.

I'm getting a message on both my Tivos of "connection problem, cannot connect to Tivo service"
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:07   #1289
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

I am having the same problem, just have the app (when working) connected wirelessly only which gives me guide, setting and deleting recordings!

Not using super hub!
Old 13-12-2012, 22:08   #1290
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
I'm getting a message on both my Tivos of "connection problem, cannot connect to Tivo service"
A SuperHub update wouldn't effect the TiVo's broadband connection