Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 08-12-2015, 09:03   #5266
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Just started for me on Sunday evening. Anyone any ideas? Is it just an issue with the monitor itself?
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2015, 09:50   #5267
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheToaster View Post
My download speed dose not seem to drop bellow 198 though even during this time
You're testing on a Virgin Media speed tester, the issue is with Virgin's connectivity to other networks in London.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAy View Post
Just started for me on Sunday evening. Anyone any ideas? Is it just an issue with the monitor itself?
It's not the monitor. The monitor is fine.

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileikcaek View Post
looks like LINX or ncuk network is having another problem this evening.
Both LINX and NCUK are fine. The same cannot be said for Virgin Media's connectivity to the LINX LAN.

I'm unsure why they seem to struggle so much with capacity on their London / LINX connectivity.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:21   #5268
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Both LINX and NCUK are fine. The same cannot be said for Virgin Media's connectivity to the LINX LAN.

I'm unsure why they seem to struggle so much with capacity on their London / LINX connectivity.
Hmmm I'm still struggling to interpret the following TBB results on two Brighton nodes:

Howver BN37N_ has SH3 16ch and SH2AC 8ch running concurrently -

Brig19 SH3 Ping

Brig19 SH2AC Ping

However BN35L_ has only SH2AC 8ch running -

Brig22 SH2AC Ping

Which appear to indicate the routing on 2 different Arris for same SHub model type is different and between two different SHub models on same Arris E6k? As you'll no doubt enlighten me way before I overtax my limited technical capability to speculate further then I'll just patiently "ponder" in the meantime......
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:35   #5269
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

No hump for me, just a terrible service:

Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:03   #5270
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Which appear to indicate the routing on 2 different Arris for same SHub model type is different and between two different SHub models on same Arris E6k? As you'll no doubt enlighten me way before I overtax my limited technical capability to speculate further then I'll just patiently "ponder" in the meantime......
There are a number of subnets / DHCP scopes allocated to each chassis. Note I said chassis not line card or node. Some of them may be from affected supernets while others aren't.

EDIT: The model of Superhub doesn't matter, by the way, just a case of whatever the CMTS had available and was first on its list at the time.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:40   #5271
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

I do have one question though ever since i had my internet installed and it being up and me using it my neighbors have said there speeds has dropped by a fair bit, is that to do with me?
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 13:29   #5272
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Because they're cheapskates.

Oh wait, it's not even costly.

I'm surprised VM haven't gone with direct peering with NCUK yet, just to be able to show off uber-tight BQM graphs.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:42   #5273
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheToaster View Post
I do have one question though ever since i had my internet installed and it being up and me using it my neighbors have said there speeds has dropped by a fair bit, is that to do with me?
It's nearly impossible to tell but you alone are not enough to cause congestion for your neighbours, it would be a cumulative thing and you would see congestion as much as them. If you're still getting full speed, it's almost certainly their issue.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 20:37   #5274
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Ah okay just seemed like a weird coincidence is all
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:15   #5275
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
There are a number of subnets / DHCP scopes allocated to each chassis. Note I said chassis not line card or node. Some of them may be from affected supernets while others aren't.

EDIT: The model of Superhub doesn't matter, by the way, just a case of whatever the CMTS had available and was first on its list at the time.
Thanks Carl, although I'm still pondering as I (naively) expected to see some change of IP at peering link in hops 6 & 7 below which was (and still is) identical at the time for both my Hubs? :

6. 212.250.14.202 tclo-ic-2-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net
7. 195.66.236.240 linx-gw2.thdo.ncuk.net

Curious but will just have to wait another couple of months for a re-occurrence perhaps?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:16   #5276
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Thanks Carl, although I'm still pondering as I (naively) expected to see some change of IP at peering link in hops 6 & 7 below which was (and still is) identical at the time for both my Hubs? :

6. 212.250.14.202 tclo-ic-2-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net
7. 195.66.236.240 linx-gw2.thdo.ncuk.net

Curious but will just have to wait another couple of months for a re-occurrence perhaps?
You only see the outbound path with a Command Prompt traceroute. It's the return path that's having issues.

I'd recommend a look at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tools/traceroute.html
Old 10-12-2015, 08:11   #5277
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Just got a bit of data on my line...

This is when my connection is working better than it has for months.

Area 20 Congestion Fault just keeps getting pushed back....
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 15:14   #5278
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My on-off-on-off connection after power-up is back after a good week.

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 15:19   #5279
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Well the hump's gone, just some fine grass.

Old 10-12-2015, 18:09   #5280
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My on-off-on-off connection after power-up is back after a good week.
Indeed, Anyone would think the Superhub and broadband network were built with the intention of supplying always on access.