Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2017, 16:57   #136
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: UK Exit of EU (Brexit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit. There's nothing defeatist in that, it's called being sensible.
In forums as in life, I prefer to play the ball and not the man. I commend this approach all round.
by "useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit." one can only come to the conclusion you mean all the negative information you can drag up .
any hoo carry on being sensible
Old 14-02-2017, 17:39   #137
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It's useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit. There's nothing defeatist in that, it's called being sensible.
In forums as in life, I prefer to play the ball and not the man. I commend this approach all round.
Why is it that anti-Brexiteers think they are are the only people who can "understand the issues"? I'm sure many who voted to leave understood the issues they just came to a different conclusion as to what was best for the UK.
Old 14-02-2017, 17:47   #138
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Why is it that anti-Brexiteers think they are are the only people who can "understand the issues"? I'm sure many who voted to leave understood the issues they just came to a different conclusion as to what was best for the UK.
You totally misunderstand me. No one is saying that voters did not understand the issues when they voted.
However, since June a number of issues have been raised eg the resources of the civil service to the impact of air traffic control in the instance of a hard Brexit. It is right and proper that these situations are surfaced by the press and discussed on forums such as this one.
Old 14-02-2017, 17:52   #139
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Believe me Andrew, by far the majority that voted for Brexit were fully aware of the issues surrounding our extrication from the whole corrupt mess.

There will be numerous complications ahead, many (and I accept not all) will be ironed out during the 2yr withdrawl process. The fact is this Country will still be able to operate, nothing is going to come to a sudden halt and within the next 10yrs this country will be begin to prosper again without interference from Europe.
Old 14-02-2017, 18:11   #140
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Believe me Andrew, by far the majority that voted for Brexit were fully aware of the issues surrounding our extrication from the whole corrupt mess.

There will be numerous complications ahead, many (and I accept not all) will be ironed out during the 2yr withdrawl process. The fact is this Country will still be able to operate, nothing is going to come to a sudden halt and within the next 10yrs this country will be begin to prosper again without interference from Europe.
Just to reiterate my previous point, I've not stated that voters did not understand what they were voting for. I'm saying that's it's beneficial to look at the issues currently arising, and I appreciate that you acknowledge these matters.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 14-02-2017 at 18:56.
Old 14-02-2017, 18:48   #141
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
, I've noted stated that voters did not understand what they were voting for. .

Isn't that a little condescending?

One the face of it, it appears that some of the politicians didn't understand what they were voting for, re leaving the single market being inextricably linked with leaving the EU. The two prominent Remainers, Cameron and Osborne publically stated it, but now some politicians are 'conveniently' ignoring that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghd...7CrAkQ&index=1
Old 14-02-2017, 18:58   #142
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Isn't that a little condescending?

One the face of it, it appears that some of the politicians didn't understand what they were voting for, re leaving the single market being inextricably linked with leaving the EU. The two prominent Remainers, Cameron and Osborne publically stated it, but now some politicians are 'conveniently' ignoring that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghd...7CrAkQ&index=1
Thanks, sorry it should have read "not stated" and I've corrected it. And I agree, many politicians did not understand what they were voting for, and that includes Boris Johnson and George Osborne.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:06   #143
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Maybe if the EU wasn't being such a dick about the whole issue then there wouldn't be a problem?

Lets look at it this way there were plenty of issues staying in the EU that weren't being addressed either affecting the UK being a member perhaps other EU states. The only reason they keep their mouth shut is because the UK was becoming a bank of Europe with one way withdrawals now they don't like it.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:
Thanks, sorry it should have read "not stated" and I've corrected it. And I agree, many politicians did not understand what they were voting for, and that includes Boris Johnson and George Osborne.
I still find it funny how anyone but those who voted remain only understand it. which could be true because it's a fantasy and those that voted to stay in LA LA land are welcome to it. In the mean time I will stick to my brexit vote where reality really happens it's just a shame I have to mix with the misunderstood population that only think their way is the right way.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:43   #144
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I still find it funny how anyone but those who voted remain only understand it.
No one has said that only those who voted remain understand it.
Old 14-02-2017, 20:10   #145
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That's not what Gavin said. Try reading it again. I refer to your answer not his quote.
Old 14-02-2017, 20:27   #146
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That's not what Gavin said. Try reading it again. I refer to your answer not his quote.
Can you expand?
Old 14-02-2017, 20:46   #147
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

You said:-

Quote:

What Gavin said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post

I still find it funny how anyone but those who voted remain only understand it. which could be true because it's a fantasy and those that voted to stay in LA LA land are welcome to it. In the mean time I will stick to my brexit vote where reality really happens it's just a shame I have to mix with the misunderstood population that only think their way is the right way.
Your doom and gloom posts aren't working, the only ones you are preaching to are those who voted remain. The rest of us just sigh when you post yet another.

We know what we voted for and what to expect and know we will be far happier for it.
Old 14-02-2017, 21:07   #148
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
You said:-

What Gavin said

Your doom and gloom posts aren't working, the only ones you are preaching to are those who voted remain. The rest of us just sigh when you post yet another.

We know what we voted for and what to expect and know we will be far happier for it.
This is not about the June referendum. We're all leavers now. I've said that for a long time now but it's probably timely to repeat it.
I'm not preaching to anyone. From time to time, like others I post excerpts from articles. I think it's important to understand the ongoing issues around Brexit. It's important to know that if we did a hard Brexit, things like the air traffic agreements would cease to exist. To pretend these issues don't exist is not a sensible approach and is unrelated to the way anyone cast their vote back in June.
Finally, no one really knows what to expect when we leave the EU as the negotiations have not even begun and the situation is unprecedented.
Old 14-02-2017, 21:22   #149
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This is not about the June referendum. We're all leavers now. I've said that for a long time now but it's probably timely to repeat it.
I'm not preaching to anyone. From time to time, like others I post excerpts from articles. I think it's important to understand the ongoing issues around Brexit. It's important to know that if we did a hard Brexit, things like the air traffic agreements would cease to exist. To pretend these issues don't exist is not a sensible approach and is unrelated to the way anyone cast their vote back in June.
Finally, no one really knows what to expect when we leave the EU as the negotiations have not even begun and the situation is unprecedented.
an every day doom fest is that the definition of time to time
Old 14-02-2017, 21:27   #150
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
an every day doom fest is that the definition of time to time
No.
Closed Thread