Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 25-08-2013, 12:36   #1516
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Set series link for the new series of a league of their own.
Recorded 1st episode on Friday, and the repeat on Saturday ?
Scheduled to record again this Monday...Double checked series link options
definately set to New Only... Any ideas ??
Just got my first Tivo installed yesterday.
Looks like I,m going to have fun with series link.
To late now as my V+ box has been whisked away by our friendly Virgin engineer.
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2013, 13:11   #1517
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenryashley View Post
Well, you won't have to keep resetting the series link every time a new season of a show starts or it takes a mid season break. That's just one advantage Tivo has over the V+ series links. Another is 3 recordable tuners and auto resolution of recording clashes; no more faffing around trying to find a repeat recording to fix a clash, which you have to do on V+.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 13:19   #1518
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well, you won't have to keep resetting the series link every time a new season of a show starts or it takes a mid season break. That's just one advantage Tivo has over the V+ series links. Another is 3 recordable tuners and auto resolution of recording clashes; no more faffing around trying to find a repeat recording to fix a clash, which you have to do on V+.
Thanks mate.

Just reading all the instructions now. 1st job done tuning in the remote to the Tv.
I'm sure I'll get used to my new Tivo in time. Picture looks better or is it me.
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 13:28   #1519
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thanks mate.

Just reading all the instructions now. 1st job done tuning in the remote to the Tv.
I'm sure I'll get used to my new Tivo in time..
One thing I initially found confusing was that I'd noted all my series links down that I used on the V+ (time, channel and day) and found it strange that when I was setting these up on Tivo, it picked an earlier day for a particular show to record. This was because Tivo had an extra recordable tuner and it always records the first possible showing and sorts out clashes itself. Once I'd realised this, the benefits became obvious.
Old 25-08-2013, 13:41   #1520
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I was so adamant that I would never go for TiVo, but when the V+ box went I upgraded to TiVo. After just a week of using it, I wondered why I was so against TiVo. Wouldn't give it up for anything now.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 13:48   #1521
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I was so adamant that I would never go for TiVo, but when the V+ box went I upgraded to TiVo. After just a week of using it, I wondered why I was so against TiVo. Wouldn't give it up for anything now.
Nice to see another very happy TiVo customer.
Old 12-09-2013, 13:43   #1522
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

This seems the best place to stick this.

Along with the Netflix app, wishlist update and powersaving changes announced in the last few days it seems we are also getting the following updates:
  • Manage My Series Links, My Planned Recordings, Recording Hiccups, Manual Recordings and streaming from box to box screens are all now in HD
  • Press RECORD when you highlight a show in the Discovery Bar to quickly set up a Series Link.
  • Press PLAY when you highlight an “In My Shows” item in the Discovery Bar to immediately start playing it.
  • You can now name your Tivo box from the Settings area.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...m-p/1985062#M8
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 19:40   #1523
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thanks for the info Mike.
Old 13-09-2013, 16:12   #1524
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Just wondered if, when upgrading to TIVO, you are allowed to retain your existing V+ box as you second box. Does anyone happen to know please? TIA.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 16:54   #1525
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
Just wondered if, when upgrading to TIVO, you are allowed to retain your existing V+ box as you second box. Does anyone happen to know please? TIA.
They relocated my existing V+HD box to the bedroom when i got my Tivo box so I'd say yes. Just check with them if you decide to get a Tivo.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 20:48   #1526
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

same as #1525 but I did ask 1st otherwise would have been left with old Samsung box in the bedroom
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 21:34   #1527
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Can someone who is on the trial make a Youtube video showing the new menus / speed improvements etc. Please!
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 13:02   #1528
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Can someone who is on the trial make a Youtube video showing the new menus / speed improvements etc. Please!
From the looks of it, not much has actually changed - some of the changes actually sound annoying:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...k/td-p/1986956
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 13:34   #1529
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
From the looks of it, not much has actually changed - some of the changes actually sound annoying:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...k/td-p/1986956
'
Given that forum tends to be populated by the 'Moaners of the world club', I think I'll wait for feedback from elsewhere
Old 15-09-2013, 16:56   #1530
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

I'd also like to see a video of the new update in action.

I've not been following the Netflix rollout so forgive me if these questions have been answered a million times before....

Does the TiVo implementation of Netflix support SuperHD streaming?
Are Netflix results incorporated into the search results?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote