Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 18:24   #91
Lang Toun Lad
Inactive

Lang Toun Lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
New list now online - see post 1

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

The new BBC Channel that will start next month will be called BBC Alba

Info from an BBC Alba test card on my Freesat from Sky box.
And the Challenge Cup(the Scottish version of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy) is now being called the ALBA Challenge Cup and 1 semi final and the final will be shown live on the new Gaelic channel
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2008, 16:06   #92
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
I have got Info that Diva TV + 1 AND Hallmark is now testing on some Virgin Boxes but SCI-FI +1 is not testing.
Hallmark+1 will be of great benefit in avoiding conflicts with my favourite programmes on other channels, typically around the 9pm to midnight slots.

My box had been showing 292 channels for about a week or so but has reverted to 290 channels today. However, I didn't notice any changes to the EPG, although I was planning to look more carefully today. Too late!

Could it be that I had the extra channels but hidden from plain view?
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 05-08-2008, 18:47   #93
senna123
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media cable TV (ex.ntl), broadband internet and home phone.
senna123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sci-fi +1 update 2

It look like Sci-Fi +1 will NOT appear on Virgin TV on Tuesday. I have also remove that story from my list.

Info from an Virgin Media Insider.
I was looking forward to Sci-Fi +1, it would have been quite useful. I wonder why we are not getting it, even though it is owned by the same company that owns Hallmark and Diva TV?
Old 05-08-2008, 19:59   #94
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna123 View Post
I was looking forward to Sci-Fi +1, it would have been quite useful. I wonder why we are not getting it, even though it is owned by the same company that owns Hallmark and Diva TV?
I think Virgin have two deals with NBC Universal:

1) For Sci - Fi signed before 2007 (Maybe paying two times per month).

2) For all the ex-Sparrowhawk Channels sign in October last year for Hallmark, Movies 24 and Diva TV plus all of their +1 channels.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-08-2008, 22:50   #95
Thebenster
Inactive

Services: XL Virgin TV, 2MB Virgin Broadband & Freeview
Thebenster is on a distinguished roadThebenster is on a distinguished road

Any news on C4 HD or ITV HD on Virgin TV Boy, you said C4 HD was to launch before August 2008.

Link: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...l#post34474886
Old 05-08-2008, 23:30   #96
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I have no news on ITV HD coming to Virgin. But Channel 4 HD on the other hand....
Old 06-08-2008, 11:47   #97
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have no news on ITV HD coming to Virgin. But Channel 4 HD on the other hand....
Do tell, unless you don't know for a fact.
Old 06-08-2008, 13:45   #98
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
Do tell, unless you don't know for a fact.
I thought that do you know something tv boy prey tell.
Old 06-08-2008, 16:23   #99
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I can't give out any more info on Channel 4 HD...
Old 06-08-2008, 16:25   #100
ken
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 'VIP' pack (20MB)
ken is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me then the new uktv name like uk gold is going to be gold anyone got date when this is going to happing thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 16:39   #101
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

UKTV Gold will be renamed on October 7th it on my list on post 1 of this thread.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

New channels news:

Hallmark +1 and Diva TV is now testing with sound and video.
Old 06-08-2008, 22:21   #102
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Setanta Sports are delighted to announce another boost for subscribers by revealing that we will be screening Arsenal's Champions League trip to Steve McClaren's FC Twente exclusively live.

The match will be screened live from Enschede as Arsene Wenger plans for another assault on the competition after falling to Liverpool in the a classic quarter final last season.

So keep Wednesday August 13 free, with a 7.45pm

http://setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...cets/football/

Info from Setanta Sports
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47   #103
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Hallmark + 1 is not working right now - it nothing to do with Virgin Media it at NBC UK end. (It the same on Sky)
Old 07-08-2008, 12:52   #104
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
I can't give out any more info on Channel 4 HD...
Well then don't say on the other hand!

You say you get your information from magazines etc so it should all be public knowledge so how come you can't comment?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:58   #105
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

My Channel 4 HD info is from an Virgin Media insider and they told me not post they infomation.
Closed Thread