Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 15:54   #76
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

i see what you mean but not everything is b&w with VM. im not that fussed if it comes to VM or not myself as i have Sky Digital FTV TV but im sure that other members of this forum who dont would like to know.
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2008, 16:05   #77
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

That new RTE Channel may came to everyone on Virgin TV as in 1999 (I think) Telewest added the Channel called Tara and that showed the best shows from Ireland.

NOTE: RTE Channels are only on Virgin TV in Ireland but RTE Radio is on Ex-Telewest.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-08-2008, 16:36   #78
Thebenster
Inactive

Services: XL Virgin TV, 2MB Virgin Broadband & Freeview
Thebenster is on a distinguished roadThebenster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
its pants anyways, your not missing much.
Personally I would like to see the live Brazilian League games that are on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
Autumn:
Virgin Radio Channels are to be rebrand by their new owners TIML Golden Square Limited.
Wasn't this going to happen by the end of August so it should go under the August heading.

~

Just want to say well done and thanks everyone who puts the hard work into this thread, it's much better than the old one which was cluttered up with spammy posts.
Old 01-08-2008, 16:42   #79
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebenster View Post
Personally I would like to see the live Brazilian League games that are on there.
each to their own i say
Old 01-08-2008, 16:43   #80
Thebenster
Inactive

Quote:
Wed. 13th. 19:45. Boreham Wood VS Arsenal XI (Arsenal TV)
This game is now on Tue. 12th at 19:30.
Old 01-08-2008, 18:38   #81
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Wasn't this going to happen by the end of August so it should go under the August heading.

~

Just want to say well done and thanks everyone who puts the hard work into this thread, it's much better than the old one which was cluttered up with spammy posts.
It did mean to happen 90days after the sale of Virgin Radio from SMG to TIML Golden Square Limited but I read weeks ago that it will now happen in the Autumn

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
This game is now on Tue. 12th at 19:30.
I will fix it next time.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Sci-fi +1 update

I have ask about to see if it coming on Tuesday after I saw an rumour on DS Forum.

And as of 6.30pm I am being told that SCI-FI +1 is NOT testing on Virgin TV.
Old 01-08-2008, 19:51   #82
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That new RTE Channel may came to everyone on Virgin TV as in 1999 (I think) Telewest added the Channel called Tara and that showed the best shows from Ireland.

NOTE: RTE Channels are only on Virgin TV in Ireland but RTE Radio is on Ex-Telewest.
Tara was on ex ntl as well. It was great watching the Hurling, which I can do now on Sentanta 2 on Sundays !
Old 02-08-2008, 00:01   #83
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Sci-fi +1 update

I have ask about to see if it coming on Tuesday after I saw an rumour on DS Forum.

And as of 6.30pm I am being told that SCI-FI +1 is NOT testing on Virgin TV.
it was testing in the clear at 28 East until two days ago as was Sci-Fi UK however these FTA feeds where not in the EPG.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:19   #84
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
it was testing in the clear at 28 East until two days ago as was Sci-Fi UK however these FTA feeds where not in the EPG.
I saw that test but I was on about ''On Virgin Media Boxes''
Old 02-08-2008, 18:59   #85
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sci-fi +1 update 2

It look like Sci-Fi +1 will NOT appear on Virgin TV on Tuesday. I have also remove that story from my list.

Info from an Virgin Media Insider.
Old 02-08-2008, 23:02   #86
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Here is 4Music Launch nights lineup:

19:00 DAVINA & STEVE'S 20 BIG ONES
21:00 KYLIEX2008
Kylie Minogue brings her latest live extravaganza to the O2 Arena, London, with classic hits and songs from her latest album X .

23:10 BIG BROTHER LIVE
4Music brings viewers live action direct from the Big Brother house.

01:10 DAVINA & STEVE'S 20 BIG ONES
As 7pm. Davina McCall and Steve Jones hook up to bring viewers 20 big hits from 20 big stars in celebration of tonight's launch of the 4Music channel.

03:00 4 MUSIC FLOORFILLERS
An eclectic mix of upbeat party tunes to see viewers through the night.

Info thanks to DS Forum/jamiec21
Old 03-08-2008, 11:32   #87
Thebenster
Inactive

Big Brother =
Old 03-08-2008, 15:14   #88
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Virgin Media has partnered with Disney for its first advertising video-on-demand content deal.

The cross-media deal with Disney Destinations International, the theme park and holiday arm of Disney, is the first commercial initiative on Virgin Media's on-demand Showcase section.

Showcase is a dedicated on-demand, ad-funded service available to Virgin Media's 3.3 million cable TV customers in the UK.

Disney Travel On Demand is a series of short-form programmes, featuring Walt Disney World, Florida. The ten-minute programmes will feature titles such as Making the Magic and Fact or Fiction, with content refreshed regularly.

The channel launches next week and will be backed by a heavyweight presence on the Virgin Media web portal, including a dedicated space within the travel section.

http://www.mad.co.uk/Main/News/Disci...on-demand.html

Source: Marketing Week.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:30   #89
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

New list now online - see post 1

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

The new BBC Channel that will start next month will be called BBC Alba

Info from an BBC Alba test card on my Freesat from Sky box.
Old 04-08-2008, 13:57   #90
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I see Diva +1 is testing in my area too now, I can see the channel listed on my box. So that's a dead cert. Can't see any others, yet....

Four analogue channels were recently axed and although this capacity will mainly be used for broadband, I'm hoping the tv side will get some as well.